• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yurIHhZ.gif

Wait TOONAMI is tonight?!?

So outside the Smash series, I can't remember the last fighting game I played for more than 5 minutes.

It's not that I dislike them, but I don't have the time or patience to learn any of them.

It probably doesn't help that I grew up as a kinda lonely kid, and never had anyone to play games with, and I was born in a time when the genre was kinda dead.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Even if KoF don't look fantastic (Everyones looking a lot better though, Angel looks better than I'd expect, Kula is keeping basically everything from her 2D self, cute poses, Ice, skating, blowing hair and all), seeing it in action + Street Fighter V's Fan reveal just feels nice as a fighting fan. Watching Vega beast on Capcom Fighters was also fun. PSX oddly has me in a good mood (weird for a Sony event!), and watching brother play Xenoblade Chronicles X has been a joy.

If there's a week I'm too distracted by all else to watch / sketch Toonami...

Mizerman

Even if KoF don't look fantastic (Everyones looking a lot better though, Angel looks better than I'd expect, Kula is keeping basically everything from her 2D self, cute poses, Ice, skating, blowing hair and all), seeing it in action + Street Fighter V's Fan reveal just feels nice as a fighting fan. Watching Vega beast on Capcom Fighters was also fun. PSX oddly has me in a good mood (weird for a Sony event!), and watching brother play Xenoblade Chronicles X has been a joy.

If there's a week I'm too distracted by all else to watch / sketch Toonami...

Your sketching powers might be compromised.

Oh no!

bigkrev

So outside the Smash series, I can't remember the last fighting game I played for more than 5 minutes.

It's not that I dislike them, but I don't have the time or patience to learn any of them.

It probably doesn't help that I grew up as a kinda lonely kid, and never had anyone to play games with, and I was born in a time when the genre was kinda dead.

I think Call of Duty 4 really hurt fighting games. People now expect experience points and tactile improvement to come from playing games, and dismiss the idea of playing a game over and over to just get better at it with no feedback.

I think Call of Duty 4 really hurt fighting games. People now expect experience points and tactile improvement to come from playing games, and dismiss the idea of playing a game over and over to just get better at it with no feedback.

Street Fighter will remain terrible until I can equip Ryu with martyrdom

Fighting games kind of dropped off for a while, mostly in the PS2 era when MK was terrible, Tekken was alright and Street Fighter wasn't doing much but with SFIV and MK9 they bounced back and now they are pretty damn popular again. MKX was the best selling game of the first half of 2015. They don't seem to be rushing themselves to death with constant updates. Except anime fighters.

Grexeno

I have this odd thing with Call of Duty: I really enjoy Call of Duty Campaign, but no matter how much I try, I will always feel like the multiplayer is at its core truly horrid.

So

what anime was good this year

JoJo Stardust Crusaders 2nd
Shokugeki no Soma
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Idolm@ster Cindarella Girls
Gintama
Sound Euphonium
Haikyuu s2
Owarimonogatari
One Punch Man
Osumatsu-san
Gundam IBO
Ushio and Tora
Gatchaman Crowds Insight was okay I guess
Death Parade?
Hackadoll (aka best trigger show)
Maria the Virgin Witch
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Prison School
2nd half of Shirobako was this year watch that

There wasn't a major stand out this year like last year with Ping Pong and Dandy but there was good stuff.

Moaradin

One Punch Man
Gintama season i dunno
Haikyuu S2
Kekkai Sensen
Ushio and Tora
Gundam IBO(so far)
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Shokugeki no Soma
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Death Parade
Shirobako
Garo was pretty decent

bigkrev

I have this odd thing with Call of Duty: I really enjoy Call of Duty Campaign, but no matter how much I try, I will always feel like the multiplayer is at its core truly horrid.

I buy COD exclusively to play campaigns. I love me a good summer blockbuster and have no desire to get frustrated playing online

Moaradin

Just know that Garo is a slow burn. I remember most people in animegaf didn't even look at it until they saw that hype as fuck fight that was 2/3 in. Most of the show isn't like that, but it does have some solid character building and cool monster designs.

BBboy20

Heh, I feel I become increasingly irrelevant with sketch dumps lately, so I thanks for making me feel otherwise! :) I'll still draw something! Attention + Quality just drops, ha.
I've been distracted in the past weeks so I don't frequently share them on Twitter.

Just know that Garo is a slow burn. I remember most people in animegaf didn't even look at it until they saw that hype as fuck fight that was 2/3 in. Most of the show isn't like that, but it does have some solid character building and cool monster designs.

I watched Bahamut instead and looking back that was prob a mistake

Moaradin

I watched Bahamut instead and looking back that was prob a mistake

Parts of that show was AMAZING! One of the few shows that I can say the plot actually gets in the way. I still enjoyed it overall since the highs were so high. Favaro was fucking awesome and I'm still looking forward to the second season.

Top Bottom