• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well I thought it was terrible because the only thing that I cared about in the entire show was FF7

But that was rooined by being an Action RPG. Where is my glorious ATB system? Replaced by KH fuckery! This already happened once with that abortion Crisis Core!

and so on.

Line_HTX

[Shinobu staring at Leafa]

image.php

Grexeno

i hope square enix includes an original combat option or they just sunk 200m dollars into a game just to piss people off
You think people actually want the original FF7?

Ahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

The remake is going to be the game people remember playing, not the one they actually played.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, I was fine with the event, a decent amount of stuff that interested me & reconfirmed a good amount of PS4 stuff I want is still waiting to be released.

Was WAAAAAY better than the reveals at the Game Awards, that's for sure.

I actually remember FF7 pretty well.

Mostly I remember wondering why Cloud and Tifa didn't just fuck on the rocks before the final battle.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Ahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

The remake is going to be the game people remember playing, not the one they actually played.

People are going to remember when an ATB game suddenly involves positioning and more button presses.

I'm still fairly open minded on this game as well, but I don't really like at all where the story of this world has gone since the sequel/prequel projects of last decade. Considering they're willing to revamp the entire way the game was played I'm worried they might try to tack on modern SE sensibilities to the story of the game. Not that the plot didn't have holes in it to begin with.

We'll see. I'll certainly buy it.

Ahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Resident Evil REmake did it so I kind of figure this might as well too

People are going to remember when an ATB game suddenly involves positioning and more button presses.

I'm still fairly open minded on this game as well, but I don't really like at all where the story of this world has gone since the sequel/prequel projects of last decade. Considering they're willing to revamp the entire way the game was played I'm worried they might try to tack on modern SE sensibilities to the story of the game. Not that the plot didn't have holes in it to begin with.

We'll see. I'll certainly buy it.

Well the FF7 plot is kind of nonsense and missing a lot of details (maybe its the translation) so I hope they can patch that up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Resident Evil REmake did it so I kind of figure this might as well too

Well the FF7 plot is kind of nonsense and missing a lot of details (maybe its the translation) so I hope they can patch that up.

A lot of it is the localization, but the game is rushed and incomplete in places as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
the show was great
if they ended on ff7r or cut out the mediocre things it would be at least. I should say the good things announced were great.

I didn't actually really care for the original Ni No Kuni to be honest.

Didn't even finish it. Got around 25 hours in, and just stopped.

The combat just never felt enjoyable.

Seda

I didn't actually really care for the original Ni No Kuni to be honest.

Didn't even finish it. Got around 25 hours in, and just stopped.

The combat just never felt enjoyable.

Trusting AI companions to smartly maneuver with three different familiars was definitely awkward.

It was either that or menu-shuffle between characters all the time which was a tad annoying.

Seda

If you think KH is stupid, you should play Dream Drop Distance HD when it releases.

Then you'll see how much you've underestimated its stupidity.

Puruzi

Banned
I honestly don't think KH is stupid. Played every game in the series except og coded, and it's all really basic imo. Don't really care about it too much, but it's not as convoluted as everyone likes to pretend it is

Thought we were talking about the gameplay in any case

I honestly don't think KH is stupid. Played every game in the series except og coded, and it's all really basic imo. Don't really care about it too much, but it's not as convoluted as everyone likes to pretend it is

Thought we were talking about the gameplay in any case

I am talking about both!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you think KH is stupid, you should play Dream Drop Distance HD when it releases.

Then you'll see how much you've underestimated its stupidity.

DDD is a fun game marred by an awful choice of worlds, then depopulating those worlds even by KH standards. All the games feel empty (and had story justified reasons in the first game for feeling so) but this one...yeesh.

The story is straight bonkers, especially the ending, but nothing that hasn't happened before like say the ending of BBS or KH2.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kingdom Hearts is legit
And the story isn't that batshit (except Dream Drop Distance...)

Kingdom Hearts, for all its problem and quirks, is a series that I largely enjoy. I don't understand the story at all, but I enjoy it.

It's also one of the few series that consistently throws in optional bosses, something I wish all games would do.

Optional bosses kick ass.

Save for this thing.
FUCK THIS THING.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even as a teen, despite enjoying it, I didn't understand/care much for KH2's story. I felt it worked better when it was simple & about finding your friends & such.

Watching 358/2 Days & Re:Coded made little sense.

Top Bottom