• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Korigama

Think I'll just play more Fire Emblem, rather than bother with the marathon (nothing I missed or really need to review at the moment).

I'll watch some tonight, though I might be lured back to the fuzzy embrace of Yoshi's Woolly World.

hqdefault.jpg

This is what playing Yoshi's Woolly World feels like.
It also makes all the voices go away.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Santa's pulled the best possible present out of his bag for you all: three and a half hours of the Straw Hat Pirates. Well, three hours of the Straw Hats and one half hour of Ace and Blackbeard.

12:00 - One Piece - 320 - Everyone Finally Has A Bounty! A Pirate Group Worth Over Six Hundred Million!
12:30 - One Piece - 321 - The King of Animals that Overlooks the Sea! The Dream Ship Magnificently Completed!
1:00 - One Piece - 322 - Goodbye My Dear Underlings! Franky Departs!
1:30 - One Piece - 323 - Departing the City of Water! Usopp Mans Up and Brings Closure to the Duel!
2:00 - One Piece - 324 - Wanted Posters Make It Around the World! Celebrations in Their Hometowns as the Ship Moves Forward!
2:30 - One Piece - 325 - The Most Heinous Power! Blackbeard's Darkness Attacks Ace!
3:00 - One Piece - 326 - The Mysterious Band of Pirates! Sunny and the Dangerous Trap!

Grexeno

Reposting:

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL TOONAMIGAF AWARDS

Nominations are being accepted for the following categories:

Best Promo
Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Fight
Worst Character
Best Character
Best Villain
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Most Wanted New Show
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress

You may make up to 3 nominations in each category. Feel free to post your nominations in the thread, but also make sure to PM them to me, as I won't be accepting nominations only posted in the thread.

Only shows that aired new episodes this year are eligible for awards, meaning the following shows are not eligible: Attack on Titan, Deadman Wonderland, Bleach, Space Dandy, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, IGPX, and Samurai Jack.

Specific guidelines for the categories:

Best Promo: Includes lineup promos, show and marathon promos, Toonami music videos, Better Cartoon Show promos, and TOM speeches. Does not include bumps or game reviews.

Worst Moment/Best Moment: Try to only nominate single moments or sequences. If something you want to nominate is better covered by a different category, like Best Fight, nominate it there.

Biggest Disappointment/Best Surprise: These categories can cover any Toonami-related subject, from overall show quality to shows not being shown.

Most Wanted New Show: Please only nominate shows that already exist or are confirmed to exist.

Best Performance by a Voice Actor/Voice Actress: Please specifically nominate the actual VA. For example, Christopher Ayres as Frieza.

Please also note that Intruder II is also eligible for awards.

NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON DECEMBER 31.

Ultratech

*sees OP Marathon*

Yeah, I'mma sit this one out.

Frankly, it's been a terrible week all-around for me (been sick, on-call, feeling like shit, etc.).

And now it's raining of all things. >_>

Jarate

Banned
Best Promo idk - don't really remember
Worst Moment - SAO Simon getting attacked by that one dude
Best Moment - Gurren Lagann final battle
Best Fight - Gurren Lagann final battle
Worst Character - Kirito
Best Character - Usopp
Best Villain - CP9
Biggest Disappointment - Michiko & Hatchin
Best Surprise - Invader II
Most Wanted New Show - Jojo
Best Performance by a Voice Actor - Usopp
and Best Performance by a Voice Actress - Whoever that dying bitch in SAO II was

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holidays already cause ratings to drop. They had one last week, & we had one the weekend after Thanksgiving as well. Next week, things will return to normal.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why the hell are they playing all these marathons? It's like they want the ratings to drop.

They play marathons because nobody is watching.
December ratings are low thanks to the Holidays.
They did Movie Months in 2013 and 2014 but the last one did worse than usual so they now do marathons of shows they're currently airing as it's cheap.

Noooo Arnold, don't sell out to mobile games!

I mean, the money is probably fantastic, and I would do the same probably....but don't do it!

Holidays already cause ratings to drop. They had one last week, & we had one the weekend after Thanksgiving as well. Next week, things will return to normal.

They play marathons because nobody is watching.
December ratings are low thanks to the Holidays.
They did Movie Months in 2013 and 2014 but the last one did worse than usual so they now do marathons of shows they're currently airing as it's cheap.

Ohh right right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, all the times we're gonna have to hear Crazy Star.

OH GOD, all the times we're gonna have to hear the Gold Roger intro.

OH GOD, ALL THE RECAPS FOR THE EPISODES WE JUST WATCHED.

ckohler

This marathon's total running time will probably be 50% recaps.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yeah, some of us can't help but feel like this is similar to the planet that TOM 4.0 was on. No idea when they'll officially state what the planet is or how it connects to the Toonami canon.

It could be the planet where Moltar broadcast from at the very beginning.
We might eventually get an explanation for where Moltar went after TOM 1.0 took over. If they're allowed to use him.

I think DeMarco confirmed it was just some random planet that isn't connected to Moltar or TOM 4 at all

Aww...
Then again, creators tend to lie to hide intentions.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

ISN'T IT EXCITING?!

Top Bottom