• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Line_HTX

I would totally rewatch Code Geass if it ever got on. I think its craziness can sustain the viewers at large.

Of course, what I really want is for Cross Ange to be on Toonami to break this thread in half! DOH-HOHOHOHO~

I think I stated it in the previous thread, but watching Code Geass is like watching a train become sentient, and then watching the train try to fly.

And then the train flies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally be up for Outlaw Star &/or Trigun re-airing. Maybe open up the 3:30 slot for an older rerun while 3 a.m keeps the "newer" reruns.

Mizerman

The combination of Code Geass, Cross Ange and Guilty Crown would cause brain death.

I think I stated it in the previous thread, but watching Code Geass is like watching a train become sentient, and then watching the train try to fly.

And then the train flies.

Then while it's flying, the train explodes due to faulty systems.

That's Code Geass in a nutshell.

Edit: Dammit!

Line_HTX

This one's for you Line :D

W9EJyVC.png

YOU WANT SUMMA DIS, WISE GUY?!

We would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for your lucky singles!

Ugh... congratulations again, y'all earned it, now fuck off. I hate baseball again. :mad:

The game where your avatar came from is shit. =D

Line_HTX

In case you guys didn't know, The Seven Deadly Sins is up on Netflix with sub and dub.

I've been meaning to catch that sometime. I understand that the action is kind of interesting and there's a giant woman.

Fallout 4 looks like a 2010 Xbox 360 game with a bit more LOD.

Every commercial today is all Black Ops III. Aww right.

How's my other vector request coming along? I feel like I have no need for this green freakiness any longer. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap....voice actress Miyu Matsuki (age 38) passed away. She was in Shimoneta (Anna), The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Claire Rieveldt), Claymore (Flora), Maria Holic (Ayari Shiki), & quite a few other shows.

The only Toonami-related one would be Katie in the Japanese version of Space Dandy (i.e. the cat girl Meow had a crush on in the time loop episode), but of course we all only heard the dub.

Probably not huge news for most people here, but kind of shocking to hear someone you just heard not too long ago on a show pass away, especially when they were so young...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 154:

Since the last episode was dedicated to a big pile of shit and also because we are dealing with Sailor Juipter and Sailor Venus and thus they get paired together in some fashion anyway, we have ourselves a dual power up episode. This time around Minako and Mako are cast as romantic rivals lusting after the same man, which is a plotline I am kind of surprised and kind of glad that the Sailor Moon show didn't use more of. I say this because watching the Sailor Guardians by way of the cast of Mean Girls is often painful and the wacky antics on display here can often get tedious. Though in keeping with the Dreams motif we do eventually get the serious hopes and dreams of the pair. Mako still dreams of becoming a bride and homemaker with a dash of florist on the side. Minako on the other hand has finally be given a gimmick makeover that matters as she finally gains her Manga counterpart's dreams and desires of becoming a pop idol. All and all not a bad set of focus episodes and it was nice for the guardians to actually get focus episodes. Mild recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 155:

Welp, the focus episodes were nice while they lasted as we are back to dealing with randos and worse Chibi-Usa. Also, dear Sailor Moon properties, stop having Chibi-Usa desiring Mamoru in a carnal or even romantic way it is weird and creepy. This was so much more white noise I can barely comment on it anymore.

JCG

The combination of Code Geass, Cross Ange and Guilty Crown would cause brain death.

Guilty Crown alone would be enough to cause that. It's literally the worst.

Not just crazy, which is fine by me, but surprisingly boring and quite terrible.

Cross Ange is just gross, though somehow less reprehensible in comparison.

And then it explodes into a million tiny pieces.

Then while it's flying, the train explodes due to faulty systems.

That's Code Geass in a nutshell.

Hey, past all the zany twists and turns, Code Geass ended pretty damn well.

Not only due to entertainment value, which was always there, but also as an actually good conclusion that many people appreciate on its own terms.

That's unusual enough to be worthy of emphasis. Thus I'd say the flying train dropped a couple pieces of wreckage yet ultimately landed safely.

If you take out almost all of season 2 of geass minus the last few episodes and tack them onto the end of season 1 it'd be perfect.

JCG

Imagine if we could merge Code Geass and Cross Ange into the same show...

Well...if nothing else, that would at least be better than watching Cross Ange by itself.

If you take out almost all of season 2 of geass minus the last few episodes and tack them onto the end of season 1 it'd be perfect.

Basically, yes. I guess you could re-use some more scenes along the way, but that's the general idea.

Cross Ange might do well on Toonami, but they might cut some parts...

It does have a plethora of cute girls.

tumblr_ndby745ISW1r4vymlo1_500.gif

....Well...most of them last longer than she does...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Naaaaaah, it's America. It'll be kept. See: Vampire nazis eating babies in Hellsing Ultimate.

BBboy20

Cross Ange is worth watching just for Ange.

tumblr_ncz8pgBWpW1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Ange is an amazing heroine. Amazing.
Was that an edit or they legit show her aim her gun twice?

Also: what gore did they edit out Parasyte that was somehow more graphic then pushing a finger into a decapitated head's right eye? Or was that due to the earlier time slot?

Mizerman

Hey, past all the zany twists and turns, Code Geass ended pretty damn well.

Not only due to entertainment value, which was always there, but also as an actually good conclusion that many people appreciate on its own terms.

That's unusual enough to be worthy of emphasis. Thus I'd say the flying train dropped a couple pieces of wreckage yet ultimately landed safely.

Oh don't get me wrong, I liked Code Geass and enjoyed the craziness of it. Flaws and all.

Nah, they'll keep the violence in. It's the sexual stuff that makes some people go "don't show this thing."

Raxus

Was that an edit or they legit show her aim her gun twice?

Also: what gore did they edit out Parasyte that was somehow more graphic then pushing a finger into a decapitated head's right eye? Or was that due to the earlier time slot?

Most of Parasyte's worst gore was already censored for the japanese broadcast sadly.

Top Bottom