• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Seda

I make phone calls pretty regularly for work. Need info or something done right away? Calling is much more effective and immediate than something like email.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not like anybody calls me on my cell. Tend to forget about my phone being in silent mode because I mute it during class.

Line_HTX

I'm too lazy to have a custom ringtone, so I leave it all on silent all the time.

At least I'm glad I could put big music files on it so I could listen to it at the gym.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mainly just use my phone for the occasional text & mainly for music & podcasts to listen to while at work.

Gonna see if the alarm system works tonight. A shame my phone is damn picky with backgrounds because I'd like to change it, but anything I use just either zooms in or stretches it out.

Hit level 50, though it seems to be 15 taps per level. Strange it doesn't increase over time, like 20 per level, then 25, etc. Heck, I wonder if anything even happens if you hit a high enough level.

Edit: nothing at level 100.

Line_HTX

Mainly just use my phone for the occasional text & mainly for music & podcasts to listen to while at work.

Gonna see if the alarm system works tonight. A shame my phone is damn picky with backgrounds because I'd like to change it, but anything I use just either zooms in or stretches it out.

Hit level 50, though it seems to be 15 taps per level. Strange it doesn't increase over time, like 20 per level, then 25, etc. Heck, I wonder if anything even happens if you hit a high enough level.

How does it work? Can you power level through a ton per day?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How does it work? Can you power level through a ton per day?
If you want to. I need to recheck & see what it was that happens after tapping so many times.

Edit: It seems to level up automatically slowly over time? & this was all I could find:

The Signal:
The center of the app. The core. With each tap of the core, the Signal strength increases which lets you level up and rise in the ranks. Can you reach the top? During the Toonami’s broadcast, each tap counts for double points.

The Signal also broadcasts what Toonami topics are trending. Drag and drop the hash tag into the core to increase the overall Signal strength, increase your level and help us trend globally.

Oh, seems the site has a bit more info, like how many taps total, which region has the strongest signal, & top trends.

Here's the iOS version as well.

bigkrev

I basically only make phonecalls for work-related reasons.

I'm an old fogy who still communicates primarily through text message/iMessage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
level 200 in the app....still nothing.

....maybe the top people can get a free t-shirt or something, I don't know if I can bother going any higher.

Raxus

This is shaping up to be the best month ever. Fallout 4, Buy 2 get 1 free sale, huge MST3K news coming up. I am nerding out.

This is shaping up to be the best month ever. Fallout 4, Buy 2 get 1 free sale, huge MST3K news coming up. I am nerding out.

I can't wait for the Bestbuy B2G1 with GCU sale.

I got the Bloodborne CE(for some weird reason preorders were available), Far Cry 4, and DA:I last year for insanely cheap because of GCU.

I understand the point of group work in college, to an extent. Hell, I'm grateful for it sometimes when it introduces me to a fine lady.

It's not a good sign tho, when you ask the group for ideas or thoughts, and 4 out of the 5 responses are "I don't care."

And the other person doesn't respond.

And two people are on their phones.

Mizerman

I understand the point of group work in college, to an extent. Hell, I'm grateful for it sometimes when it introduces me to a fine lady.

It's not a good sign tho, when you ask the group for ideas, and 4 out of the 5 responses are "I don't care."

The truth.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welcome to "group" projects. Sometimes you get lucky & actually have the one smart person who has everything in control.

Also, I wish college would introduce me to more fine ladies, especially with my interests.....*sniff*...

There probably will be. Look at Noragami as an example, that had an anime original ending then a s2 which ignored that it ever happened. That stuff wasn't too bad either.

I feel like Bones has been doing some really solid work lately.

Though, nothing will make up for how bad Chaika's anime ending was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't wait for the stupid, Bones-original ending! At least it'll look nice, right?

Considering their track record, I have good faith it's going to look great.

*waits for someone to post the Soul Eater Not! gif*

Grexeno

Can't wait for the stupid, Bones-original ending! At least it'll look nice, right?
Not necessarily. Recent Jump adaptations like Kuroku no Basket, Haikyuu, and Assassination Classroom have been doing the season format. I hope this is the same, and that Jump's preference wins out over Bones' filler-ending tendencies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not necessarily. Recent Jump adaptations like Kuroku no Basket, Haikyuu, and Assassination Classroom have been doing the season format. I hope this is the same, and that Jump's preference wins out over Bones' filler-ending tendencies.
Hopefully so, since that's really Bones' only fault is they can't come up with their own original endings.

Any word on how many episodes it'll be? I'd imagine it'll stop right before the tournament, unless they go more than 12 or 13 episodes, then that'll be the last thing they do.

I so hope they also keep the "SMASH" whenever a punch lands.

Betters news is that this follows the prediction of a rumor that says Kenji Nagasaki (Gundam Build Fighters) as director and Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Mushishi) as character designer.

Grexeno

Hopefully so, since that's really Bones' only fault is they can't come up with their own original endings.

Any word on how many episodes it'll be? I'd imagine it'll stop right before the tournament, unless they go more than 12 or 13 episodes, then that'll be the last thing they do.
It'll be 24-26 episodes, ending at Chapter 57.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It'll be 24-26 episodes, ending at Chapter 57.
*checks to remind self what happens*

That's perfect, right at the end of the previous arc that happened in the manga & no coming up with an original ending to the current arc.

I have complete faith in Bones now.

Grexeno

*checks to remind self what happens*

That's perfect, right at the end of the previous arc that happened in the manga & no coming up with an original ending to the current arc.

I have complete faith in Bones now.
I mean, the reason I think it won't go Bones-ending on us is that none of Bones' filler-endings have been for Jump properties, and Jump's recent MO with adaptations has been the "make a new season when there's enough content to adapt".

Raxus

I mean, the reason I think it won't go Bones-ending on us is that none of Bones' filler-endings have been for Jump properties, and Jump's recent MO with adaptations has been the "make a new season when there's enough content to adapt".

Basically they learned their mistake from One Piece after they nearly murdered Oda.

Several jump adaptations as of late have been seasons. Even Assassination Classroom got divided up and the manga is headed into its end game.

One of the exceptions being World Trigger and that blew up in their face real quick.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hell, I can't help but wonder if Shonen Jump was like "NO, you let the mangaka finish this arc up, then we'll talk about adapting the anime".

Would be amazing if we got a simudub on Toonami for it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

LOLDSFAN

my text and ring tone are silence

Same.

I thought ringtones were cool the first time I got a cell phone, but after a year I didn't bother anymore because the majority of the time I'd be at a place where it'd be inappropriate/annoying/etc...

Crocodile

BONES got MHA?

full

You say that as if BONES'd endings aren't done with the full knowledge and approval of the production committee, the original publisher and probably the original author (depending on how involved they are) LOL. Like BONES are some evil materiminds that can adapt shows however they choose :p

Grexeno

BONES got MHA?

full

You say that as if BONES'd endings aren't done with the full knowledge and approval of the production committee, the original publisher and probably the original author (depending on how involved they are) LOL. Like BONES are some evil materiminds that can adapt shows however they choose :p
It's just that an anime original Bones ending would go against everything Shonen Jump has been doing with recent anime adaptations of their properties, and since MHA is one of their brightest new starts it would be bizarre for that to change.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I need to get around to watching an actual MST3K episode. I've been seeing all the RiffTrax in theaters lately, especially now I get employee discount of free movies.

Hell, my dad was surprised I hadn't checked out MST3K (though to be fair, I was born '91 & we didn't have Dish until 2004-ish), because he thought it'd be right up my alley. Just a pain to find the DVDs, not to mention the licensing rights make it hard to see certain "episodes"..

Raxus

Man, I need to get around to watching an actual MST3K episode. I've been seeing all the RiffTrax in theaters lately, especially now I get employee discount of free movies.

Hell, my dad was surprised I hadn't checked out MST3K (though to be fair, I was born '91 & we didn't have Dish until 2004-ish), because he thought it'd be right up my alley. Just a pain to find the DVDs, not to mention the licensing rights make it hard to see certain "episodes"..

If you ever need a beginners guide to Rifftrax or MST3K just ask me or the MST3K junkies on the forum. It's not hard to find the episodes for free and the Rifftrax deal will make viewing episodes even easier.

Crocodile

It's just that an anime original Bones ending would go against everything Shonen Jump has been doing with recent anime adaptations of their properties, and since MHA is one of their brightest new starts it would be bizarre for that to change.

Oh I agree with this. But the scenario you were painting was that Jump would have to reign in BONES filler tendencies. While there is certainly a dialogue going on, what's really going on is that when production committees say "jump", anime studios usually say "how high" :p

Grexeno

Oh I agree with this. But the scenario you were painting was that Jump would have to reign in BONES filler tendencies. While there is certainly a dialogue going on, what's really going on is that when production committees say "jump", anime studios usually say "how high" :p
Well it would certainly seem that, according to recent adaptations, one of the production committee's demands will be "no fucking filler ending."

Top Bottom