• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you ever need a beginners guide to Rifftrax or MST3K just ask me or the MST3K junkies on the forum. It's not hard to find the episodes for free and the Rifftrax deal will make viewing episodes even easier.
Yeah, I've checked out all the RiffTrax that've been in theaters this year and a few from last year (Godzilla & Santa Claus), plus I'll see the one next month. Hopefully the RiffTrax deal will make it so you can finally view them online in one convienent location.

Hopefully I'll find it funny like I do with certain RiffTrax episodes. "Let's Measure: Using Standard Units" was amazing. Think it helps the sillier the short/movie, the funnier the riffing it (which is probably why The Room is my favorite so far).

back on topic: Guys, I hit level 300 on the Toonami app, & I have no idea why....

I understand the point of group work in college, to an extent. Hell, I'm grateful for it sometimes when it introduces me to a fine lady.

It's not a good sign tho, when you ask the group for ideas or thoughts, and 4 out of the 5 responses are "I don't care."

And the other person doesn't respond.

And two people are on their phones.
Fuck group projects man. Some dude in my group plagiarized his part in one of my projects freshman year of college and it still pisses me off.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zonic wants to be the very best in this game.
I HAVE TO BE #1 ON ANOTHER TOONAMI-RELATED LIST, DAMN IT.

Hmm, wonder if I should switch back to my normal version of my avatar now that Oct. has passed & Parasyte has been on for over a month now. Don't think I'll bother with a Thanksgiving or Xmas themed avatar.

Bones doing a currently running manga...yeah it's totally getting an original ending.

Still waiting on that Soul Eater redo

Really though, are Bones' "The manga's not done but we only got this many episodes to do this anime" endings that bad? I've only seen Soul Eater, and while I've read past where the Anime split off the ending /anime only material wasn't that bad
Maka killing Asura with a courage punch was bullshit though.

Moaradin

MHA is a weekly manga that's already pretty popular and Shonen Jump is pushing it as the next big thing. No way will Bones let that potential go to waste.

Seda

Really though, are Bones' "The manga's not done but we only got this many episodes to do this anime" endings that bad? I've only seen Soul Eater, and while I've read past where the Anime split off the ending /anime only material wasn't that bad
Maka killing Asura with a courage punch was bullshit though.

I'm not sure how the manga does it, but Crona's fake-out death giving Maka an edge against Medusa while eyepatch girl brings Stein back to sanity with the power of love was kinda weird.

Puruzi

Banned
I loved Soul Eater. Wasn't aware the ending was anime original when I first watched it, but I did think that it felt off. Can't hate it though, because the last fights were honestly pretty cool, and the animation on the punch was amazing.

Still waiting on a brotherhood version.

Mizerman

Soul Eater is a favorite of mine, manga and anime alike.

Despite the...ending to the anime, I enjoyed it for the most part.

Moaradin

Pretty damn positive. I really enjoyed the show. It was the first time I actually sought out a manga because I wanted more of it.

Korigama

Anime-only ending INCOMING.
Couldn't possibly be as bad as the crap they made up for FMA '03 or Soul Eater.
Yes, it could.

I quite enjoyed Soul Eater until they went off the rails, hence why I'm so bitter about just how badly they screwed things up. A Brotherhood treatment for it is one of the shows I would want most at this point.

Not necessarily. Recent Jump adaptations like Kuroku no Basket, Haikyuu, and Assassination Classroom have been doing the season format. I hope this is the same, and that Jump's preference wins out over Bones' filler-ending tendencies.

Season format doesn't save bones otherwise chaika wouldn't have ended so disappointingly

ckohler

Soul Eater is one of my favorite shows. It's what got me to start watching Toonami. It totally deserves a "Brotherhood" redo.

The ending of the anime is okay but not great. The stuff that happens in the manga is just so much better. In particular, the assault on Baba Yaga Castle, Chrona's and Medusa's stories and the B-Team characters getting to shine. There's so much great stuff that would make the anime so much better. Even major unresolved things like
Soul actually becoming a Death Scythe
!

Soul Eater is one of my favorite shows. It's what got me to start watching Toonami. It totally deserves a "Brotherhood" redo.

The ending of the anime is okay but not great. The stuff that happens in the manga is just so much better. In particular, the assault on Baba Yaga Castle, Chrona's and Medusa's stories and the B-Team characters getting to shine. There's so much great stuff that would make the anime so much better. Even major unresolved things like
Soul actually becoming a Death Scythe
!

Most of the bones filler ending isn't terrible but it feels noticeably not as well written, I also kinda like Chrona's arc in the anime filler a tad more then I do in the manga outside of him in the manga
violently murdering medusa
. But the final battle really spoils the mood when a show all about teamwork throws that out the window so Maka can solo the final boss :|

Moaradin

So much cool shit that never got animated. Would love to see the stuff Black Star ends up doing animated. Especially how he gets around lol

No, Jump adaptation does.

A lot of jump adaptations have gotten horrible filler seasons or horrible filler endings or random stop endings. Toriko, Bleach, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, D Gray Man, Black Cat, Shaman King, and the list goes on and on. The actual number of jump manga to anime adaptations that got the entire story adapted with or without filler is fairly small all things considered.

Moaradin

Most recent Jump adaptions have been pretty different though. Haikyu, Kuroko, Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi, Shokugeki no Soma all have seasons and go on break.

Grexeno

A lot of jump adaptations have gotten horrible filler seasons or horrible filler endings or random stop endings. Toriko, Bleach, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, D Gray Man, Black Cat, Shaman King, and the list goes on and on. The actual number of jump manga to anime adaptations that got the entire story adapted with or without filler is fairly small all things considered.
But literally all of the recent Jump adaptations have moved to season formats.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You guys are forgetting the real question.....

......WHO WILL DUB IT?!

pls not Sentai

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know why, but I just imagined Deku being voiced by Ginta from Deadman Wonderland for some reason.

I'm guessing Funimation will pick it up & do something among the lines of a simucast or if we're really super ultra lucky, a simudub.

Also how long until we get a story about Hollywood trying to make a live-action version?

Raxus

Just for those not in the know, My Hero Academia is a series where 90% of the characters are given superpowers or 'quirks'. We follow Izuku (Deku) Midoriya, one of the few quirkless characters, and his relationship to the strongest hero of all time All-Might.

In short it is Naruto without the downsides (and better art IMO) and Sasuke is actually an asshole.

Just for those not in the know, My Hero Academia is a series where 90% of the characters are given superpowers or 'quirks'. We follow Izuku (Deku) Midoriya, one of the few quirkless characters, and his relationship to the strongest hero of all time All-Might.

In short it is Naruto without the downsides (and better art IMO) and Sasuke is actually an asshole.

At least the Sause had a good reason for his edge imo it just wasn't well executed

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How were y'all's reactions to Soul Eater aside from the ending?
Soul Eater was pretty enjoyable until it shit the bed in the end.

I do feel like people are understating (or have forgotten) just how fucking terrible that last episode or two was, though. :D

Soul Eater was pretty enjoyable until it shit the bed in the end.

I do feel like people are understating (or have forgotten) just how fucking terrible that last episode or two was, though. :D

Only enjoyable if you have no brain and completely separate it from everything that came before it and just view it as dumb anime action fight

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm still hoping Ohkubo makes a sequel to Soul Eater. The manga felt unfinished.

Are there Prison School fans here?

Does anyone know how many volumes the anime covers? I bought the first volume and really like it, but the next one comes out in a few weeks and then the 3rd one comes out in March. I'd like to wait because the manga seems great, but I also just want more of the story.

Line_HTX

I HAVE TO BE #1 ON ANOTHER TOONAMI-RELATED LIST, DAMN IT.

Hmm, wonder if I should switch back to my normal version of my avatar now that Oct. has passed & Parasyte has been on for over a month now. Don't think I'll bother with a Thanksgiving or Xmas themed avatar.

Xmas with Migi... or something like that.

That's what Soul Eater Not! is for!

I like how Soul Eater Not ruined the likable stylized Soul Eater designs.
tumblr_n49evn2Fjo1r4jf9no4_250.gif

Top Bottom