• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
J2lrGUp.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Before, I was for Fairy Tail getting on Toonami, but then the past few episodes took a major fight scene (between
Igneel and Acnologia
) and animated it by having the two characters as still images sliding into each other. That drove home to me how bad the anime got as an adaptation during the second series.

I've only ever seen episode 1 of Fairy Tail actually animated, and this is roughly my memory of what the animation was like from the very beginning (with some really shitty digital effects going on in the background).

A-1 Pictures does a really lazy job with the current adaptation to be honest. Fairy Tail was never a looker, but Christ A-1.

...You do realize that I'm all about getting Fairy Tail on TOONAMI via the power of gifs as well?
My man.
Gray_and_Natsu_fist_bump.gif

Played about 2-3 hours of it today. Can't give much context since I've never played a TR game before, but visually the game is gorgeous with great environments and nice character models. Lara herself looks amazing from a model and animation point of view.

The game itself controls very well. Shooting and climbing feel good and Lara controls much tighter than Drake does. Already did a tomb and it was pretty fun and the story so far seems interesting, but doesn't look to be anything amazing. And the option to turn off "instinct mode" and not have glowing environments to tell you where everything is makes it feel rewarding when I explore the environments and find treasures and documents.

That's good to hear. I did enjoy the last game, so it's nice to know the sequel doesn't slack.

That said, Square Enix and Microsoft are insane putting it out on the same day as Fallout 4.

Ippo would be an amazing Toonami show. Needs a redub tho.

The problem with that is no one wants to dub sports anime, because they don't sell well.

I'm surprised Funimation dubbed Ping Pong to be honest. I don't think it's selling well sadly, despite their efforts to market it.

The new Fairy Tail is probably the ugliest show that I consistently watch.

It's full of lazy cuts and half assed animation. Thankfully it does have some nice music to balance it out. And occasionally the good art of the manga can't be screwed up by A-1 pictures.

Also...
...I wasn't aware Lt. Surge was going to be in the new Gundam Thunderbolt anime. Good to see him getting work.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The problem with that is no one wants to dub sports anime, because they don't sell well.

I'm surprised Funimation dubbed Ping Pong to be honest. I don't think it's selling well sadly, despite their efforts to market it.

Ippo would do great on Toonami, it's just one of those things that isn't meant to be I guess.

The new Fairy Tail is probably the ugliest show that I consistently watch.

It's full of lazy cuts and half assed animation. Thankfully it does have some nice music to balance it out. And occasionally the good art of the manga can't be screwed up by A-1 pictures.

The difference between the first and second anime is that with the first anime, they were clearly intending the still shots to just be still shots, so you could at least fill in action with your mind, but with the new anime, they'll slide the still shots around and force you to accept that that's what the characters are doing. I'm reminded of the Gray vs. Rufus fight, where Gray overcomes Rufus's ability to cancel magic by constantly casting spells, which is depicted in the manga as a bunch of ice weapons coming out of Gray in various stages of construction. In the anime, they took this still manga shot and just kept it as that. Instead of casting a bunch of spells, Gray is now just making a weird-looking ice weapon while Rufus exclaims about how there are too many spells for him to cancel.

EDIT: Video. The still shot didn't last as long as I remembered, but the art for the attack also isn't as detailed as it was in the manga.

Moaradin

I could see Ippo getting a new dub eventually. It's still getting new seasons (whenever Madhouse decides to do them) and the last few never got a dub.

I think it would do decent on Toonami too. It would avoid the problem most sport shows have since it has a ton of action.

I couldn't watch Ippo weekly, even if I've already seen it. I'd have to break the schedule and watch ahead.

I love that show so much, a good dub and a release would be amazing.

The difference between the first and second anime is that with the first anime, they were clearly intending the still shots to just be still shots, so you could at least fill in action with your mind, but with the new anime, they'll slide the still shots around and force you to accept that that's what the characters are doing. I'm reminded of the Gray vs. Rufus fight, where Gray overcomes Rufus's ability to cancel magic by constantly casting spells, which is depicted in the manga as a bunch of ice weapons coming out of Gray in various stages of construction. In the anime, they took this still manga shot and just kept it as that. Instead of casting a bunch of spells, Gray is now just making a weird-looking ice weapon while Rufus exclaims about how there are too many spells for him to cancel.

EDIT: Video. The still shot didn't last as long as I remembered, but the art for the attack also isn't as detailed as it was in the manga.

It's so bad, because the previous series was pretty consistently enjoyable. It was rarely animated well, but it captured the feel of reading the manga pretty well.

And shows don't have to be well animated to be enjoyable. Lots of great shows are poorly animated. Jojo looks pretty ugly at times to be honest.

But because it captures what makes Jojo great, so no one is really bothered by it too much.

I certainly wouldn't compare the above two videos to Ninja Slayer, they're both done on the cheap and not well animated but they're not comically terrible like Ninja Slayer. A casual anime fan would see those FT clips and not even notice the cheap animation or be bothered by it because they love the world/characters/story.

There's a 4 letter word that describes SAO and the word is crap

Nah I'm just kidding the word is piss

Nah I'm just kidding the word is poop

Nah I'm just kidding the word is shit

Cornbread78

There's a 4 letter word that describes SAO and the word is crap

Nah I'm just kidding the word is piss

Nah I'm just kidding the word is poop

Nah I'm just kidding the word is shit

Sounds ike you need to visit the restroom to relieve yourself.

a good dump and some anime streaming from Crunchyroll app onto your phone is always a good time...

So Log Horizon is worth watching, despite having that opening?

I won't lie, the database opening is worse than Parasyte's opening to me.

Top Bottom