• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
f7D4idj.gif

I think if they could get the 11 slot it might be doable money wise, but then they'd need something just as big to justify taking 11:30 and I doubt they could afford 2 shows on that level.

No way would that happen, the only show big enough to get 11 or 11:30 is super

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jojo ain't shit in the big picture. Attack on Titan was the only big enough property to get the top of the block outside of Sailor Moon and DBZ.

Moaradin

I really doubt Sailor Moon would be pulling AoT or DBZ numbers. Any nostalgia that series might have will quickly wear off after the first couple episodes. Especially if it's Crystal.

Line_HTX

Forget Crystal. I want OG Sailor Moon redub on Toonami with the new cast that we're all familiar with.

Wow, Suguha in bed. Did you do something?

LOL

I really doubt Sailor Moon would be pulling AoT or DBZ numbers. Any nostalgia that series might have will quickly wear off after the first couple episodes. Especially if it's Crystal.

I think the AS audience has proven time and time again that quality of a show has no impact and nostalgia and/or perceived awesome will always bring in ratings see family guy, akame ga kill, attack on titan, etc

The point being Sailor Moon Uncut or Crystal would do extremely well because it's Sailor Moon a property only rivaled by DBZ as most popular ever to air on the block <__<

Mizerman

I bet there was a hidden mechanic in the game where you can tell future events by just looking at her butt. You, know, good anime detective work and all.

25a.png

So, I watched some of Star Wars Rebels, and it's okay.

But it seems like it doesn't have NEAR the amount of budget the old CG series had.

Also, the new lightsabers look bad.

BBboy20

MY GOD, HIS HANDS ARE IN THE AIR.

LIKE HE JUST DOESN'T CARE
mXJD312.gif

This music sounds straight out of a christmas special about how great Jesus is.
He's space Jesus, you never noticed?

Call of Duty: Hot Pocket Ops 3
That commercial has been white noise until after playing BO3 and now I get BO3 feelings from it.

Uuuuuuugh. What is up with all these food tie ins with CoD BLOPS3
I'll admit, seeing Treyarch's name on Carl Jr stuff is amusing.

tumblr_n6bcibC4Ak1rm97r4o1_400.gif

Yeah. Dunno either.
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

It's rather disheartening that most of the big name launches (WiiU aside) have been messes in some way shape or form. Evolve had that preorder mess. Batman had PC issues. Assassin's Creed is dwindling in popularity per release. Call of Duty had problems with PC. Bloodborne had issues with load times (later fixed thank god). Tons of big budget titles got pushed to 2016. 2015 is really shaping up to be one of the worst years for gaming. The two brightest spots have been Splatoon, The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. Everything else is rereleases.
Ever since the Xbox fiasco of 2013, I too have been becoming distance away from AAA games as well, especially when I'm not getting a Xbone. My friend wants me to get Batttlefront 3 on PS4 and is willing to buy a copy for me but the only EA game I've gotten since 2013 is Titanfall and the only reason I did was because it was 5 bucks on Origin and that (then) Infinity Ward really gave me THAT big of a impression with Call of Duty 1, 2, and 4. At the time, them and Kojima were the only devs I stated "In (name), We Trust".

I really should tell my friend to wait out on the final build of these multiplayer focused titles but apparently he didn't really find issues with Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360) besides OP weapon issues and slot machine unlocking of small things so he might be pestered in getting me that copy anyways just so he won't feel as bored since he has demanding studies to become a pharmacist. He's already getting pissed off about almost everything about Black Ops 3 and I did hear him make a few complaints about the Battlefront 3 beta but he still seems determined to get it when it's released.

Aw yeah, just got an email from TOM HIMSELF.

"Congratulations on achieving level 9000 on the new app! We are working on making the prize and will touch base in the coming weeks to let you know our progress.

Thanks!
TOM"

EVEN SIGNED IT HIMSELF. Guessing I'll get an update next month.
Print and frame that shit, yo.

If I could I would pay money to hear Kyle Herbert say "Toonami, All According to Keikaku" as Aizen or Patrick Seitz to say "YOU THOUGHT IT WAS TOONAMI BUT IT WAS I, DIO!" as DIO.
If you said that last year before I went to SDCC14, this might have happened.

I've got both.
No plans for Xbone, but I do plan to buy Scalebound to show Platinum love. Even if the game looks disappointing right now... too many of the AAA traps.

I'm not going overboard with my expectations of NX. If I do, I'll only end up disappointed.
I'll double dip if it ever reaches PC, fo' sho'.

I really do want to Nintendo to get out of the slump just so more people can play their games at the very least.

As a primarily PC gamer, I wish I had a Xbox instead of a PS4. The only game not on XBox I would have missed so far is MLB the Show, where as there are a bunch of Xbox games like Sunset Overdrive, Master Chief Collection, Killer Instinct, Rare Replay, Tomb Raider, ect.
Well....

Fin.

Seriously though, I'm kind of weirded out how the final scene of this eppie of Parasyte went. Like, the moment the dad said the parasyte attacked her mom, it should went to Shin's head that she's dead and yet...this fear never was expressed nor he did like...anything after...and when that confrontation came, I wasn't sure if why he didn't hide Migi was because it was too dark to see despite being daylight or he really didn't know what he was doing...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, it's just as I feared.

I had NO DAMN IDEA what was happening in the film. What was a bit of a shock was the fact a lot of characters had different VAs. Batou took me a while to realize it was Piccolo/Zoro, the Major was the most shocking, though it fits (I honestly don't mind the redesign, though I kind of like how the original made her look older), and for some reason, the Tachikomas were red instead of blue, but I feel like Arise explained that.

It pretty much is how I feel about the series overall: I feel like I SHOULD like it (I totally dig the tech designs), but half the time, I can't follow what the hell is going on. Even worse, it felt like the film just "stopped". I didn't hate it, as the action was kind of neat & kind of got a little chuckle out of the post-credits scene, but I could feel myself feeling tired & I think my friend was getting bored as well.

Line_HTX

This is the perfect gif before the permaban.

Oh god, it's just as I feared.

I had NO DAMN IDEA what was happening in the film. What was a bit of a shock was the fact a lot of characters had different VAs. Batou took me a while to realize it was Piccolo/Zoro, the Major was the most shocking, though it fits (I honestly don't mind the redesign, though I kind of like how the original made her look older), and for some reason, the Tachikomas were red instead of blue, but I feel like Arise explained that.

It pretty much is how I feel about the series overall: I feel like I SHOULD like it (I totally dig the tech designs), but half the time, I can't follow what the hell is going on. Even worse, it felt like the film just "stopped". I didn't hate it, as the action was kind of neat & kind of got a little chuckle out of the post-credits scene, but I could feel myself feeling tired & I think my friend was getting bored as well.

Yeah, when I heard that Mary Elizabeth wasn't going to voice Major Kusanagi, that's when I kind of lost interest at that point. Not to say the movie was bad or anything, it just feels like it wasn't the same.

Mizerman

Yeah, when I heard that Mary Elizabeth wasn't going to voice Major Kusanagi, that's when I kind of lost interest at that point. Not to say the movie was bad or anything, it just feels like it wasn't the same.

Huh?

She didn't voice the Major in the new GitS? That's...strange.

Speaking of Ghost In The Shell, Batou has been cast for the live-action movie.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-shell-film-casts-pilou-asb-k-as-batou/.95232

Well now...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Huh?

She didn't voice the Major in the new GitS? That's...strange.

It sounds like the new GitS is by Funimation since Zonic mentioned that Batou was played by Chris Sabat.

The Major would probably be a Colleen Clinkenbeard role.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My brain made the transition fine between the GITS movie and Stand Alone Complex style, but it just doesn't accept the Arise art as genuine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Found it. New Motoko is played by Elizabeth Walker.

Other roles include Ymir in Attack on Titan (the brown chick, and any other detail about her is likely saved for Season Two) and a character we have yet to meet in One Piece
For those wondering, it's Shakky

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Trying to pick from the expanse of the back catalog is hard. Though my real fear is we are getting stuck with Aldnoah Zero.

Line_HTX

You mean Elizabeth Maxwell right?

Isn't she lovely?

She could so pull off a Scarlet.

Beautiful.

Found it. New Motoko is played by Elizabeth Walker.

Other roles include Ymir in Attack on Titan (the brown chick, and any other detail about her is likely saved for Season Two) and a character we have yet to meet in One Piece
For those wondering, it's Shakky

The brown chick? I thought it was "Freckles."

;P

Top Bottom