• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

It wouldn't be Toonami if we didn't have something to complain about.

Complaining is the way of true fans. It shows that we want the best.

Also to add a completely unnecessary gif to the thread.

tumblr_inline_nx6zicAmgi1tdrrtu_500.gif

...Nailed it.

Line_HTX

I do not like the way she looks. The design of Chaika is just so off putting I didn't want to watch. It's those damn eyebrows.

And then I heard about the "sequel" and I was like... Well, then, glad I skipped this.

Jarate

Banned
RIP Jojo

Let's chip in like 20 bucks to help get it on Toonami (I actually would not mind a Toonami Kickstarter to get it on the airwaves)

Seda

Dawn of Mana is absolutely terrible. It's actually in my personal running for 'worst game played' (includes gems like Dirge of Cerberus and NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams)

*goes back to playing*

I'm so proud that the will of fire will continue on even without me.

Ahh, but that's where you're wrong Man God.

You see...I'm actually systematically associating Fairy Tail with Toonami with my gifs. Over time, people will lose their anxiety of it coming to Toonami, and it will be gradually accepted here.

Then it'll simply be a matter of time...

Fairy Tail would probably do pretty bad on Toonami to be honest.

Jarate

Banned
Dawn of Mana is absolutely terrible. It's actually in my personal running for 'worst game played' (includes gems like Dirge of Cerberus and NiGHTs: Journey of Dreams)

*goes back to playing*

Home Alone on SNES is my personal worst game ever played award

Also, who else has had their soul stolen by Fallout 4

Jarate

Banned
Wait, I rented Superman 64 too

Those are my top two at least, I'll have to think of other games that were as bad as those

I want to play Fallout 4. I really do.

But I know if I start, my grades will start slipping. Best to just wait for Thanksgiving break. Got too many important test between then and now to really play Fallout 4.

Raxus

Worst game I ever played remains Kane and Lynch 2. Worst game I ever completed? Probably Too Human. Yes, I know. Shut up.

There have been games worse than Superman 64 in regards to the fact that as fucking mindfuckingly terrible as Superman 64 was, it functioned on some level, in that if you turned it on, it "worked." Some games don't even do that.

But Superman 64 and other games like Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis are such a painful experiences to play, that they are forever drilled into the minds of the people who played them.

If you ever played Superman 64, you remember just how wrong that game felt. If you play Ride to Hell Retribution with all its offensive bullshit and glitchy mechanics, you remember it.
tumblr_ms25rmMGU41qk9qb8o1_250.gif

Edit

Okay, now I'm having Superman 64 flashbacks....about those fucking rings....
tumblr_lnbffxDDFi1qk9qb8o1_r1_500.gif

...I'm freaking out here guys.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Few things are worse than Quest 64. That game is terrible and terribly boring. Plus think of how many kids were turned off from RPGs for good from it?

Few things are worse than Quest 64. That game is terrible and terribly boring. Plus think of how many kids were turned off from RPGs for good from it?

I liked Quest 64 even if it has a lot of problems, I'd love for someone to take the ideas that it had and make a new better game out of it

Not counting easy targets worst game I've probably played and beaten was the first castlevania on game boy. Controls are super stiff delayed even more so then a normal old school vania game.

How is the new Tomb Raider?

Played about 2-3 hours of it today. Can't give much context since I've never played a TR game before, but visually the game is gorgeous with great environments and nice character models. Lara herself looks amazing from a model and animation point of view.

The game itself controls very well. Shooting and climbing feel good and Lara controls much tighter than Drake does. Already did a tomb and it was pretty fun and the story so far seems interesting, but doesn't look to be anything amazing. And the option to turn off "instinct mode" and not have glowing environments to tell you where everything is makes it feel rewarding when I explore the environments and find treasures and documents.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, so, should I watch:

1.) The ORIGINAL Ghost in the Shell film, considering I WANT to like the series, but just gets so damn talky & political at times, it's hard to follow & kind of makes me feel sleepy/tired just listening to it.

2.) My Love Story/Ore Monogatari!!, or will it make me sad that the MC of the story can get a girl, but not me?
25% serious on that last part

3.) Some random third option I can't think of at the moment.

Moaradin

1.) The ORIGINAL Ghost in the Shell film, considering I WANT to like the series, but just gets so damn talky & political at times, it's hard to follow & kind of makes me feel sleepy/tired just listening to it.

2.) My Love Story/Ore Monogatari!!, or will it make me sad that the MC of the story can get a girl, but not me?

Don't bother with Ghost in the Shell then. Everything from that series is like that. The original movie is the best though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ahh, but that's where you're wrong Man God.

You see...I'm actually systematically associating Fairy Tail with Toonami with my gifs. Over time, people will lose their anxiety of it coming to Toonami, and it will be gradually accepted here.

Then it'll simply be a matter of time...

Fairy Tail would probably do pretty bad on Toonami to be honest.

...You do realize that I'm all about getting Fairy Tail on TOONAMI via the power of gifs as well?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Stand Alone Complex has a lot more action (per 22 minutes) than the original GITS movie, though it is also more political than the movie is. GITS is more talky in a bullshitty philosophical kind of way.

Before, I was for Fairy Tail getting on Toonami, but then the past few episodes took a major fight scene (between
Igneel and Acnologia
) and animated it by having the two characters as still images sliding into each other. That drove home to me how bad the anime got as an adaptation during the second series.

Before, I was for Fairy Tail getting on Toonami, but then the past few episodes took a major fight scene (between
Igneel and Acnologia
) and animated it by having the two characters as still images sliding into each other. That drove home to me how bad the anime got as an adaptation during the second series.

LOL they pulled a Ninja Slayer on it? Got a gif?

Top Bottom