• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
qLkX8JN.gif

If Part 1 isn't doing it for you, perhaps come back when Part 2 starts, unless the overall style/presentation isn't doing it for you.

Eh it was a mix of both. I'm not real fond of the accents but it's something I'm sure I can get used to. I hated the tone of the first episode though.

cntr

Banned
Part 1 is kind of weird. Episode 1 especially, I'd say Episode 2 and 3 get across what Part 1 is like much better.

Even just looking at part 1, JJBA changes wildly throughout its run. At least watch through episode 3. Plus, episode 2 introduces best boy
Speedwagon

God help us all if the Hurricane Gundam is ever constructed.
Cv_ZGTz_EXEAAKfn_T.jpg

Such a fearsome machine should stay just as machinations in the darkest minds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat my third game this week, Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Easily my breakout hit of 2016, which is saying something in a year filled with good under the radar RPGs

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I beat my third game this week, Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Easily my breakout hit of 2016, which is saying something in a year filled with good under the radar RPGs
Really hope Atlus uses some of its ideas for future RPGs, having everyone attack at the same time & sometimes taking out everyone with just one character turn was really satisfying. Would be neat if it got a sequel, even if it was just a spiritual one. Easily part of my Top 5 Wii U Exclusives. Not to mention it just felt so nice to play a RPG to completion after so many years. I think the last one was Ni no Kuni a few years back.

Now I just hope that I can do the same with FF15....though I know I'll do it with Persona 5.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The battle system in TMS is tuned for maximum violence. Not having to worry much about AOE attacks getting drained/repelled because the sessions would target what you aimed at first brings the balance back to offense over the usual "defense trumps all besides almighty and pierce bs that shows up later in the game because you've already tuned your party to be able to reflect/absorb/drain at least part of all aoe attacks because you're not an idiot and want to shut down the enemy quick"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How much will I like Tokyo Mirage Sessions if I haven't played any Megami Tensei games, but like Fire Emblem?
Eeehhhh, hard to say, it takes more from SMT (& really, the tone feels more like Persona 4) than FE but you can still see some influences like the weapon triangle & class change. Learning new skills by using new weapons you create was also an interesting idea, but it just results in constantly leaving the dungeon to learn a new skill or make a new weapon, but at least the warp points were well placed.

So I just finished Fate Zero today. I have to say, having finally watched it, it actually improved my opinion on Unlimited Blade Works and Shirou as a protagonist somewhat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
How much will I like Tokyo Mirage Sessions if I haven't played any Megami Tensei games, but like Fire Emblem?

It's sneakily got more Fire Emblem than you'd imagine. It's anime as hell. It's got idols. It's Idol Emblem.

They really should have announced it as Persona x Fire Emblem.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's so self aware it's so similar to Persona, they have the "spirit" of your inner soul called "Performa".

Edit: Oh yeah, I had a good laugh at the cutscene that plays right before the final boss, I was laughing harder than I should've, but then I found out it was possibly a reference to a commercial for the very first FE game.

Also, friend is selling some game called "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" that makes use of that GBA cable I still have sitting around. Think he was gonna want $15 for it. Should I?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now I want a VR game where you get to explore the Absolution & tinker with the buttons so you can watch Toonami clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom