• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh sure, when it happens in video game form, everyone wants it to be localized

but when it's in animated form, then oh noez something think of da children, anime was a mistake

CvT0TT9WcAAIKZq.jpg

fxg87igk5nbccircj8wk.png

Okay, Where do I sign to join Team Aqua?!

Chase17

It's that time of the month. I need a new temporary avatar to last me until November 1st.

Rules are as follows.

As many entries as you like.
Must be properly formatted.
Must not get me banned.

The best submission before MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT wins.

nh9nOn5W.jpeg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Does Cartoon Network still air Pokemon? I could've sworn they had the B&W anime or the one before that. Boomerang had the first season & such at one point, if I recall correctly.

Also how did it take Nintendo so long to realize "hey, we should have Pikachu wear a Mario costume".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Does Cartoon Network still air Pokemon? I could've sworn they had the B&W anime or the one before that. Boomerang had the first season & such at one point, if I recall correctly.

Also how did it take Nintendo so long to realize "hey, we should have Pikachu wear a Mario costume".

Yes. Early Saturday morning, 8 EST/7 CST.

And that one is on The Pokemon Company making a deal with Nintendo. Pokemon ownership is weird.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes. Early Saturday morning, 8 EST/7 CST.

And that one is on The Pokemon Company making a deal with Nintendo. Pokemon ownership is weird.
Wow, kind of surprised, but at the same time, guess CN would want to hang onto a popular series & not like it has anyplace else that it could air.

Yeah, Pokemon Company is really strict with what they allow Nintendo to do with the series. They didn't let the amiibo be useful for so long, not to mention the original Mario Maker costumes didn't even have unique sounds or music until they gave us Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle costumes. I guess when you have such a profitable franchise, you want to be very careful as to what is & isn't allowed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, kind of surprised, but at the same time, guess CN would want to hang onto a popular series & not like it has anyplace else that it could air.

Yeah, Pokemon Company is really strict with what they allow Nintendo to do with the series. They didn't let the amiibo be useful for so long, not to mention the original Mario Maker costumes didn't even have unique sounds or music until they gave us Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle costumes. I guess when you have such a profitable franchise, you want to be very careful as to what is & isn't allowed.

It's this odd three-way ownership thing between Nintendo, Pokemon Company, and GameFreak. I suppose it's so no one can drive the IP into the ground by flooding the market or screwing the series up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was sleeping until 3 p.m., so I didn't witness the huge DDOS attack on the internet. Heard a ton of sites like Twitter, Spotify, PSN, etc. got attacked & were down for a while.

I'm watching some of Unlimited Blade Works in anime club.

This
Dub
Is
Trassssssh
The series or the movie? Because the series should've been dubbed by Aniplex.

..........the movie, however, was dubbed by Sentai, which would explain it.

Regiruler

I was sleeping until 3 p.m., so I didn't witness the huge DDOS attack on the internet. Heard a ton of sites like Twitter, Spotify, PSN, etc. got attacked & were down for a while.

The series or the movie? Because the series should've been dubbed by Aniplex.

..........the movie, however, was dubbed by Sentai, which would explain it.
There's some girl named Riin and an archer dude, there's a lot of mentions of things I don't understand. It's also 50 minutes long or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, guess it's the anime series? Movie's about 100 minutes long.

Not gonna lie, the first episodes of the Fate animes are REALLY exposition heavy & are about twice as long as normal episodes. Part of the reason why I feel as though it wouldn't do good on Toonami, even if the series picks up after they get all the plot details out of the way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it was Geneon behind the dub.
Correct, it was Geneon, which means the DVDs are out of print & nobody has "rescued" the series. I heard it was on Crunchyroll at one point, but I just checked & while it's listed on the site, you can't view any episodes.

Granted, from what I've heard, the series isn't good. Also heard they changed some stuff for when it was airing on Kids WB, though I would imagine the DVD versions were unedited.

Seda

It's that time of the month. I need a new temporary avatar to last me until November 1st.

Rules are as follows.

Must not get me banned.

mMLJns0.png

Correct, it was Geneon, which means the DVDs are out of print & nobody has "rescued" the series. I heard it was on Crunchyroll at one point, but I just checked & while it's listed on the site, you can't view any episodes.

Granted, from what I've heard, the series isn't good. Also heard they changed some stuff for when it was airing on Kids WB, though I would imagine the DVD versions were unedited.

How did the VJ anime end? the same way as the game series or did it get closure?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Rules are as follows.

Must not get me banned.

JoJoLink_zps0ahk0gml.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like Jason is going to Japan again next month.

Feel free to speculate what it's for.
Perhaps talking to Sunrise again. It seems for other animes, he doesn't need to go straight to the source to talk out a deal, but I could be wrong.

How did the VJ anime end? the same way as the game series or did it get closure?
I....GUESS it got closure? Wiki has a summary of what happens in the last episode, which doesn't sound like anything that happened in the games & no idea if that's what Capcom would've used for VJ3 if it were to happen.

Personally, I have so little memory of VJ2's overall plot. I just remember feeling like it didn't have the same....."soul" like the first one did. I only remember unlocking those challenge rooms, which was actually a neat little addition.

Debating if I should play Red Hot Rumble, though the PSP version isn't on PSN & that has Dante again.

Regiruler

Rules are as follows.

Must not get me banned.

89c2016f48.jpg

The image compressor will deal with it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If Part 1 isn't doing it for you, perhaps come back when Part 2 starts, unless the overall style/presentation isn't doing it for you.

Unless he's got plans to show the other seasons, I'm not so sure we're getting that as a simuldub. Even then, it'd take more than a year to show the rest.

I'm talking about when the series airs in Japan, not when it comes to Toonami.

Either way, we have plenty of time to bring Full Metal Panic to Toonami.

Seda

wait wait wait

We're getting G Gundam?!

Nah.

We know Jason DeMarco stopped by Sunrise in Tokyo in the last year or so, which could have lead to Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans joining the block. It's more a joke that he might go back there and acquire G Gundam remasters.

His upcoming trip to Japan probably has something to to with Production IG and FLCL or that CG microseries.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That doesn't belong in this thread. As the admins on Reddit noted, it isn't actually anime, so keep that filth out of this thread

They dare not air that baka-gaijin western animation filth like Samurai Jack on my glorious nippon TOONAMI.

bigkrev

Realtalk, i'm glad Porter, who i've been a fan of ever since he dropped Language (a real "girls c*m in their panties" type song), he's been a fucking weeb for a long time, and props to him for doing something he really wanted and commissioning an anime studio to make a video for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom