• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
w8AFOOr.gif

Line_HTX

Going outside of Jojo's and based off on all of the music they made over the years, my favorite song is still Owner of a Lonely Heart.

Line_HTX

I'm still irked that Toonami never finished airing the remaining episodes of the OVA, and even more baffling was the physical print didn't have them either. Like, weren't there 20 episodes total? Where were the remaining 7?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My gif time table is to restart Naruto after my business trip next week, which should take me until around Christmas.

After Christmas I'm going to pump out the rest of Trigun. Then I'm going to do a review similar to my SAO one (one or two gifs, me barely paying attention, short writeup) of the latest anime to grace my doorstep in physical form, Akame Ga Kill!

I usually rip all the shows to SD that I own because its much easier to seek back to make gifs when not dealing with DVD/Blu Rays so I might need to add some storage/make some more room soon.

zulux21

Apologies for the snark, but I do seriously take a more "selfish" approach when it comes to something like this (if you want to put it that way).

I'll buy games, consoles, or whatever simply on my own interests. I won't jump on a soapbox to to critique what a company/developer/publisher should or shouldn't do, that's not my concern. If a company's decisions leads to significant changes what they offer in this market or their success in this market, that has no bearing on what I look for in games in the first place. I'll simply go where my interests go.

I'm more about simply buying the things that interest me and my own personal satisfaction. Would my enjoyment of games like Baten Kaitos Origins change if 1.) It sold better/worse? 2.) If more/less other people liked it too? 3.) If the franchise still existed? 4.) If Namco and MonolithSoft shut down and never made a game again?

Nah.

no need for any apologies, I mean it makes sense in general to buy only what interests you game wise and not to worry about stuff behind the scenes.

I would argue that way of playing games would make you a true gamer, you only care about the games.

heck I think most of us that care about the other stuff don't play enough games anymore because we are too busy talking about how things are going to turn out or how things went wrong lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apologies for the snark, but I do seriously take a more "selfish" approach when it comes to something like this (if you want to put it that way).

I'll buy games, consoles, or whatever simply on my own interests. I won't jump on a soapbox to to critique what a company/developer/publisher should or shouldn't do, that's not my concern. If a company's decisions leads to significant changes what they offer in this market or their success in this market, that has no bearing on what I look for in games in the first place. I'll simply go where my interests go.

I'm more about simply buying the things that interest me and my own personal satisfaction. Would my enjoyment of games like Baten Kaitos Origins change if 1.) It sold better/worse? 2.) If more/less other people liked it too? 3.) If the franchise still existed? 4.) If Namco and MonolithSoft shut down and never made a game again?

Nah.
I have co-worker who is SUPER into Nintendo (i.e. he will refuse to touch anything else) & asked me "so you think Nintendo's stocks will rise or fall after the NX reveal?", which is a good example of what you're trying to say. I couldn't care less about Nintendo's stock or "oh noes it's under powered AGAIN", I just want them to continue existing so I can keep playing their games.

Are there things I wish game companies would do? Of course, but I also understand they're much smarter when it comes to understanding what it is they need to do to ensure they stay in business in comparison to me, just another average gamer. I wish for things when it comes to gaming, but never demand them. They're entertainment, as long as they do that, I'm satisfied, even if they have some stuff I don't like/hinder my enjoyment.

I mean if a game you like ends on a cliff hanger and you never get resolution to that story I think it would impact your satisfaction of a game and then the answers to the questions about "if it had sold better/still been around" would be yes.
Kind of have to agree here, though. Not to mention, you'd want a sequel to happen to see if they can improve on certain things &/or expand the world that the game has created. Granted, I can see times where it feels kind of pointless (i.e. I learned the new Star Wars is about....getting the plans to blow the Death Star...which I feel adds nothing since we already know it blows up).

I mean, I guess in comparison, if Toonami didn't do "better", it probably would've been cancelled again or never brought back in the first place, meaning this community probably wouldn't have existed.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand your views Seda & to some extent, I agree with you, I just wanna enjoy games & have people to talk to. Just a few things that came to mind when I was trying to see it from the other perspective since I sometimes try to view things from both sides to have a better understanding. Absolutely nothing wrong with what it was you posted & didn't get a "snark" attitude from it.

Demarco: We will air the full ED of Jojo!

NabnaKA.jpg

Demarco: By completely removing the OP!

9HK7tm5.jpg

Demarco has actually mentioned on his Askfm in the pass that they actually have no say on the cuts made to the OPs and EDs, and that's all on the Licensor's discretion in order to meet the Broadcast Standards.

I'm not even sure what to say about the NX reveal honestly.

I think the name is stupid and doesn't roll off the tongue well. I'll probably get used to it down the line (I have no choice but to) but I doubt I'll change my mind on how silly of a name it sounds to me. I still think Wii U and X-Box One are terrible names after all.

I got excited when I saw a controller there though. The other feature of getting to take it on planes and to the ball park are things I don't care about but that controller excited me. The way it's advertised there makes it look like it comes with it too. So hopefully all the games on it will be compatible with it.

I'm speaking as though I'm planning on buying it but to be honest, after purchasing the Wii U, I'm kind of a little sour on Nintendo at the moment. It's not as though I'm all that huge a fan of the games they make anyway... BUT if I do ever decide to pick it up, I want solace in the fact that it has a controller.

I fucking love controllers.

I'd rather take sped-up Rounabout over "cut right in the middle" Roundabout.

But Sono Chi no Sadame is great and it would be unfortunate if it got Shippuden'd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get lucky & it'll be like Final Act where Viz was like "YOU WILL PLAY THE FULL OP, DAMN IT"

I'm totally okay with S1 and S2 of JoJo only playing the full ED with no OP for Roundabout, S3 though I'd much rather hear Stand Proud over Walk Like an Egyptian.

Mizerman

I'm not even sure what to say about the NX reveal honestly.

I think the name is stupid and doesn't roll off the tongue well. I'll probably get used to it down the line (I have no choice but to) but I doubt I'll change my mind on how silly of a name it sounds to me. I still think Wii U and X-Box One are terrible names after all.

Yes. Yes, they were.

I tend not to think on controllers much.

Well unless they irk me.

Why does the PS3 controller get filthy so easy?

My PS3 controller is pretty dirty but the real dust magnet is the Wii U Touch-pad.

Literally, I would wipe it clean and more dust would just materialize on it like it was beamed down from Scotty up on high to fuck with me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I never followed the NX rumors. It feels... odd. This isn't an E3 announcement, this isn't out this Christmas, and there's nothing concrete announced for it other than ports and minimal-development semi-sequels...

... but with all that, I still really enjoyed this trailer and full reveal. As a person who took consoles to friends houses back-in-the-day, since I owned more / different ones than they did, the idea of having a hybrid system like this is something of a dream come true. Being able to get 2P out of one console (though the mini controllers), and to play if where-ever, with the same graphics, same file, regardless of internet connection, all on swifter-loading carts... these are all great features.

I love the idea of being able to share my console and portable experiences in a simple, streamlined way. Things like God Eater, Gravity Rush, Tablet games like Marvel Future Fight, MMOs, Card Battle games, F2Ps that get released on multiple consoles but wrestle with cross-platform compatibility... the idea of getting the sit-on-my-TV and take-on-a-trip / take-to-another-room experiences all for one game purchase, easily, is just very nice.

I'm more worried about things like how they'll handle accounts. Would I be able to take a profile from one NS to another, and have all my files? Can 2 profiles access all their customization data and such on a friends NS? Can I shift from same console, LAN, and Internet play without missing a beat?

And I do wonder what'll happen to Miiverse...

Line_HTX

And Nintendo continues to be like the Cowardly Lion, always afraid to take risks.

Not even spec detail of whether it's region lock or not?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can see the tagline now. "It's time to make/flip the Switch" or "Switch: On"

& I can't think of a controller that I flat-out disliked aside from the 360's D-pad & when the GCN's C-stick is used for long periods of time instead of quick flicks to readjust the camera. Though it feels weird to change between using a PS4 controller, then a PS3 one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
While I really like Roundabout, 98% of what I actually care about is that they get those opening notes in at the end of each episode
Agreed. I would be fine if they did it like IBO where they kept the music fading in while the episode ends, then credits, but just cut the credits short. It's the transition that needs to stay.

Line_HTX

It's a perfect song because it perfectly fits the opening notes in the end to transition into the ED credits, I'm not doubting that.

I was just saying that it's not the best song they made and there are better works from them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would love to have Viewtiful Joe be one of those PS2 on PS4 games, so awesome. Though the GCN's shoulder buttons worked better compared to the PS2.

........I need to replay VJ2 one of these days, I recall being kind of disappointed in it, especially since Silvia's Replay ability felt very situational.

I would love to have Viewtiful Joe be one of those PS2 on PS4 games, so awesome. Though the GCN's shoulder buttons worked better compared to the PS2.

........I need to replay VJ2 one of these days, I recall being kind of disappointed in it, especially since Silvia's Replay ability felt very situational.

Wasn't the PS2 versions inferior to the NGC versions? Yeah I need to as well, along with the NDS game.

I remember when they even gave VJ an anime.

Yeah, who dubbed that btw? can't recall, but I found it cool they kept the JP intro for the WB/CW airing on TV here in the US.

Can't view, thanks to a DDOS attack downing much of the internet today. summary?

I actually don't remember the ending; I remember I had to defeat all the bosses again though.

From Wikipedia:
The final movie, a science-fiction film set in deep space, is where the Black Emperor and the last Rainbow Oscar reside. When confronted by the heroes, the Black Emperor throws a fully restored Black Film onto the projector and uses its added power to summon his giant robot Dark Kaiser. Joe and Silvia summon their own "Six x Six Majin" to destroy Dark Kaiser and recover the last Oscar, but Jet suddenly appears in the movie and steals all seven. Revealing a Black V-Watch on his wrist, Jet transforms into the Dark Emperor and thanks Joe for giving him the Oscars, then infuses their power into himself to become Jet Black, the Dark Hero.

Now able to use his Movieland powers in the real world, Jet Black crashes the Viewtiful Awards Ceremony, leaving Joe and Silvia powerless to stop him. As they put up a futile effort to fight back, the crowd starts cheering for Joe and Silvia, which gives them the power to transform and ultimately defeat Jet Black. Captain Blue is restored to normal and reveals that Jet was his best friend and cinematographer, but had found the Black Film one day and became entranced by its power and that of the Rainbow Oscars. In the end, it is revealed that all Jet really wanted was to prove himself as a hero to his own son Joe.

As Joe and Jet reconcile, a dark castle appears in the distance, heralding the arrival of Captain Blue's last foreseen threat. Jet explains that the secret of the Black Film and his Black V-Watch lies within the castle, as well as an enemy unlike any other. Undeterred by Jet's ominous warning, Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia strike a pose as they set out to save the world once more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's that time of the month. I need a new temporary avatar to last me until November 1st.

Rules are as follows.

As many entries as you like.
Must be properly formatted.
Must not get me banned.

The best submission before MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT wins.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, found a site that compares the TV and DVD/Blu-Ray versions of Jojo. If you wanna see how last week's episode looked in comparison to the Japanese airing, you can see here. Left is censored/Japanese airing, right is uncensored.

Most of it is the usual "redrawn faces & frames", but still interesting since there's some very noticeable differences at times in how characters look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom