• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Happy Halloween everybody.

xT4Aquy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm spending halloween covering a shift for my friend so he can go to a party.

....then I'll spend halloween night going to work again. Considering I live in an apartment complex, I wonder how they handle halloween. Hoping I don't get a ton of people knocking since I'm in the back where the 1 bedroom buildings are & I don't have candy.

....because I'm waiting for it to get discounted the day after, when the stores are trying to get rid of it all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's Halloween and I have no candy. :(
It'll be November 1st & stores will have discounted candy. That's my plan. Gonna finally try those caramel apple flavor Milky Way that I missed out on last year.

Also, have to leave my apartment because I'm not too sure how trick or treating is handled in my apartment suburb (I'm hearing people sit outside to show they're giving out candy) & don't want to hear kids constantly knocking or buzzing my door only to answer & tell them "sorry, I don't have any".

Regiruler

It'll be November 1st & stores will have discounted candy. That's my plan. Gonna finally try those caramel apple flavor Milky Way that I missed out on last year.

Also, have to leave my apartment because I'm not too sure how trick or treating is handled in my apartment suburb (I'm hearing people sit outside to show they're giving out candy) & don't want to hear kids constantly knocking or buzzing my door only to answer & tell them "sorry, I don't have any".

That's why you get some to hand out party pooper.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hard to get excited for a day of people dressing up when cosplay exists, so you see it every other week or so via Twitter or whatever. & horror isn't my thing. Kind of already focusing on Xmas just to get it out of the way & not resort to last minute shopping (got a Wind Waker hoodie & zelda beanie for my best friend yesterday).

Not really a huge holiday person in general aside from Thanksgiving (which I can't do this year since it's 2 hours away & I have work) and Xmas (which I told my friend I'd cover cleaning up after the Xmas crowd so he could have his last Xmas with his wife before they have their kid), especially now that I'm on my own.

Regiruler

Hard to get excited for a day of people dressing up when cosplay exists, so you see it every other week or so via Twitter or whatever. & horror isn't my thing. Kind of already focusing on Xmas just to get it out of the way & not resort to last minute shopping (got a Wind Waker hoodie & zelda beanie for my best friend yesterday).

Not really a huge holiday person in general aside from Thanksgiving (which I can't do this year since it's 2 hours away & I have work) and Xmas (which I told my friend I'd cover cleaning up after the Xmas crowd so he could have his last Xmas with his wife before they have their kid), especially now that I'm on my own.

Then focus on the cheese and historical aspect of it i.e. play a crapton of Castlevania and have some gourds lying about.

And cosplay is sort of an exclusive thing, a lot more people participate on Halloween (although I don't have a costume like I haven't had for the past few years).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized, in 2014, we didn't have a Halloween marathon since it fell on a Friday, but we had Hellsing Ultimate airing, which would've made for a perfect Halloween-style marathon. Though I assume the licensing/legal rights would've prevented that, considering the issue with the final two episodes.

Jarate

Banned
Halloween, the time of year where I buy a bag of candy, have like 6 kids show up, and then eat the rest of the bag for the next week

Regiruler

I just realized, in 2014, we didn't have a Halloween marathon since it fell on a Friday, but we had Hellsing Ultimate airing, which would've made for a perfect Halloween-style marathon. Though I assume the licensing/legal rights would've prevented that, considering the issue with the final two episodes.

We didn't need a marathon with hellsing already dosed throughout the month.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, DeMarco's twitter right now sure is....something with all the replies he's retweeting.

Really makes me appreciate our community & how non-judgemental everyone is.

DeMarco is having a fight with anime weebs on the internet so I thought for sure something new had been announced. Clicked to this thread and searched his Twitter for info. lol just anime weebs being weebs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DeMarco is having a fight with anime weebs on the internet so I thought for sure something new had been announced. Clicked to this thread and searched his Twitter for info. lol just anime weebs being weebs.
Pretty much. Just started with him saying "these words are stupid & I take people who use them less seriously" & people getting whiny over it.

Again, makes me appreciate everyone here & how much better behaved we are.

Regiruler

Well, DeMarco's twitter right now sure is....something with all the replies he's retweeting.

Really makes me appreciate our community & how non-judgemental everyone is.

Demarco's twitter is pretty funny when he wants to be.

That said he posts too much music stuff I'm not interested in so I had to unfollow him.

Seda

I know GAF gets a lot of hate off-GAF, but, like, what other LARGE community is better in terms of, well, normal basic decency?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pretty much. Just started with him saying "these words are stupid & I take people who use them less seriously" & people getting whiny over it.

Again, makes me appreciate everyone here & how much better behaved we are.

I think that is the thing that annoys me the most about him, his hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom