• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I actually started Color Splash yesterday. Got it during Target's B2G1 sale (with World of FF and Bioshock Collection)

It... has potential. Good ideas are there. Battle system is not good though.
Maybe if this played like Super Paper Mario, I'd love it a lot more

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Like, the very least they can do at this point is just remove the inventory management (it's not as awful as Sticker Star but it's still annoying as hell to scroll through this big stack of cards and have to periodically decide which ones you don't want while praying you won't need them later) and make the battles easier to avoid; bring back the dash from the N64 game or something.

It still hasn't really fixed the problem Sticker Star had where battles are of so little consequence that they feel like they're punishing the player. Like, hey, you failed to avoid this enemy in the field, so now you have to engage in this really slow combat to lose your cards. The coins you get don't matter much because coins are everywhere, and while the incremental paint upgrades are an improvement over Sticker Star just giving you NOTHING AT ALL, they feel so slight that it's tough to see their benefit. I'm sure later in the long run I'll be happy to have 300 maximum paint instead of 200 but I'm not sure I'll be able to tell the difference when I actually get there.
I have no idea why they never brought the dash from N64 back. I miss having faster means of traveling, i.e. Yoshi in TTYD.

But yes, I completely agree with that statement as well. I made a post in the OT explaining why the progression in the game doesn't feel as satisfying. Simply put, there's no sense of becoming "stronger", aside from "hey you found better versions of certain cards" and getting more health after a boss battle. & while the hammer points solve SOME of the problem, you eventually reach a point (around 200ish for me) where you feel like you'll never run out of paint because it's usually very easy to refill via the objects on the field, especially if you never paint in cards in battle. I had about 390 by the end of the game, & aside from when I'd be using a ton of blank cards, I never felt like I was in danger of running out or not having enough paint, especially since I had a couple of cards that'd instantly refill it.

....I wish I was able to summon up this level of discussion on the podcast. I can figure out why some games are fun or not, but harder to explain why a show is good or not.

I actually started Color Splash yesterday. Got it during Target's B2G1 sale (with World of FF and Bioshock Collection)

It... has potential. Good ideas are there. Battle system is not good though.
Maybe if this played like Super Paper Mario, I'd love it a lot more
Weeelllllll, you MIGHT get your wish.....much later in the game....in a single level...

The solution is very simple: make another TTYD-Paper Mario again.
How I really, really wish this was the solution, yet Nintendo doesn't want to do it for some reason (sales? M&L series already filling the quota for Mario RPGs? Too much time/money?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SEVENTY-FOUR: Astonishing Truth! Gaara's Identity Emerges!

d'oh!

Sasuke is back on the move! Naruto and crew are going to avoid the Shino fight. Naruto and Sakura argue for awhile but Pakkun sides with Sakura. Avoiding fights is faster no matter what. Shino and Kankuro have a stare down. Puppets versus bugs. Poison versus poison. Shino doesn't mock any puny opponent...because he fights with bugs. Get it? Temari is exhausted from her repeated fights. Gaara is AWAKE. Bleeding. But awake. Temari is going to bandage his wounds...but Gaara has other ideas.

That could have gone better.

Oh well, Sauce is here and ready for the fight. But first more puppet and bug fight. Everything Kankuro has is dripping with poison. EVERYTHING. Temari is legit shook...she guesses the Sauce had reinforcements. Sauce wants to see inside of Gaara. Temari really does not want to see that again. Remember the mission! Gaara is just like Uchiha! No friends, only a mission. Destruction is existence. Gaara learned all this during his trip to Sasuke's training camp with Kakashi. He learned it from seeing Sauce's eyes. Full of hate, lust for power, we're the same. Gaara goes nuts and his face starts cracking.

Wood gets wood.

Yes even puppets can have substitution jutsu. But Shino, that dude has BUG CLONES. Shino is behind him. He's got it all Bleach figured out. Kankuro is a mid/long range fighter who needs to pay too much attention controlling those puppets. Kankuro answers this with a poison smoke bomb, getting Shino pretty good. Iruka is leading the kids to the shelter. Lord Hokage's face...is beginning to crack...talk about a death flag. The death endurance race of student and master continues. The third is cursing his old ass body. Orochimaru thinks the Hokage could have won if he was ten years younger. Enma tells him to kill the boy! He just doesn't have enough go left to do it.

2pks3Rd.gif

Gaara...yep, that's a demon alright. Temari and even Sauce are losing it. The same eye as before. Giant sand arm, knocks down trees like they were matches. Sauce WISHES Shino was here. Shino has his own problems being poisoned and all!

Donso.

...wait its another bug clone. More than that, his former bug clone is stopping the crow puppet from moving...and eating Kankuro's chakra strings. He tries cutting them all because he can just make new connections, and does so with the head flying around. Enough poison on the head dart to kill an elephant. Shino can't move, he's done for...and the head drops out of the sky. Shenanigans! Nope, Kankuro is crawling with Shino's chakra eating bugs. Kankuro got the ones from the front...but never noticed the swarm that came from behind. Shino hit him on the headband and planted a parasitic beetle there. Female on the forehead, just like how he tracked sauce. Shino is too poisoned to help Sasuke though...who needs all the help he can get.

BONUS:

uW4iFGt.gif

Man, Call of Duty 2 really didn't age gently.

For starters, it's longer for no real reason. Playing through the first one, I was impressed at the pace it went. Rarely did the first Call of Duty get bogged down in one area for too long. Call of Duty 2 feels like a campaign that was built off levels completed for multiplayer first. You have more objectives to complete, and sometimes a choice in the order to do them, but it's mostly just clearing houses. After you clear all the houses, you'll probably have to hold off a counterattack. In COD 1 the counterattack was its own well paced level. Pacing aside, this reliance on predictable objectives another problem. The Russian, British, and American campaigns all feel the same now. Where as each campaign had a different feel in the first game, COD 2 just kind of blends together regardless of whether you're on the Russian front or African front.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
When are they gonna make Lupin the IV?

Whenever Arsène Lupin III and Fujiko Mine actually manage to make a baby. Which you'd think coulda happened... in the Manga version, at least, by now.

But hey, the anime has him getting married to Rebecca Rossellini at the beginning of Part IV, so...

Mizerman

NARUTO - EPISODE SEVENTY-FOUR: Astonishing Truth! Gaara's Identity Emerges!

d'oh!

Sasuke is back on the move! Naruto and crew are going to avoid the Shino fight. Naruto and Sakura argue for awhile but Pakkun sides with Sakura. Avoiding fights is faster no matter what. Shino and Kankuro have a stare down. Puppets versus bugs. Poison versus poison. Shino doesn't mock any puny opponent...because he fights with bugs. Get it? Temari is exhausted from her repeated fights. Gaara is AWAKE. Bleeding. But awake. Temari is going to bandage his wounds...but Gaara has other ideas.

That could have gone better.

Oh well, Sauce is here and ready for the fight. But first more puppet and bug fight. Everything Kankuro has is dripping with poison. EVERYTHING. Temari is legit shook...she guesses the Sauce had reinforcements. Sauce wants to see inside of Gaara. Temari really does not want to see that again. Remember the mission! Gaara is just like Uchiha! No friends, only a mission. Destruction is existence. Gaara learned all this during his trip to Sasuke's training camp with Kakashi. He learned it from seeing Sauce's eyes. Full of hate, lust for power, we're the same. Gaara goes nuts and his face starts cracking.

Wood gets wood.

Yes even puppets can have substitution jutsu. But Shino, that dude has BUG CLONES. Shino is behind him. He's got it all Bleach figured out. Kankuro is a mid/long range fighter who needs to pay too much attention controlling those puppets. Kankuro answers this with a poison smoke bomb, getting Shino pretty good. Iruka is leading the kids to the shelter. Lord Hokage's face...is beginning to crack...talk about a death flag. The death endurance race of student and master continues. The third is cursing his old ass body. Orochimaru thinks the Hokage could have won if he was ten years younger. Enma tells him to kill the boy! He just doesn't have enough go left to do it.

2pks3Rd.gif

Gaara...yep, that's a demon alright. Temari and even Sauce are losing it. The same eye as before. Giant sand arm, knocks down trees like they were matches. Sauce WISHES Shino was here. Shino has his own problems being poisoned and all!

Donso.

...wait its another bug clone. More than that, his former bug clone is stopping the crow puppet from moving...and eating Kankuro's chakra strings. He tries cutting them all because he can just make new connections, and does so with the head flying around. Enough poison on the head dart to kill an elephant. Shino can't move, he's done for...and the head drops out of the sky. Shenanigans! Nope, Kankuro is crawling with Shino's chakra eating bugs. Kankuro got the ones from the front...but never noticed the swarm that came from behind. Shino hit him on the headband and planted a parasitic beetle there. Female on the forehead, just like how he tracked sauce. Shino is too poisoned to help Sasuke though...who needs all the help he can get.

BONUS:

uW4iFGt.gif

Part 1 Gaara was that beast!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weekday toonami seems a bit sluggish lately.

Possibly playing all the new games, or preparing to go into hibernation.
A bit of both. Fall weather makes me feel lazy/just want to play more games, & I've got a decent backlog, which wasn't helped by the Nov. PS+ titles and getting Psychonauts on sale. Not to mention, work is going to start getting busy again with the releases of stuff like Dr. Strange & Trolls.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll be back for more Naruto tonight. And probably every night for the rest of the year. I might do all of the Tea Garden race arc in one day though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been extra bad though, I ended up double posting after finding this thread on page three. It almost never ends up that deep.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NARUTO - EPISODE SEVENTY-FIVE: Sasuke's Decision, Pushed To The Edge!

It's log! Log! It's big! It's heavy! It's wood!

Sasuke is LEGIT SHOOK. Gaara even comments on it. Sauce is dea...substitution jutsu. Sand>Kunai. Gaara shoots them back. He's also a clone. Sasuke is running scared. Gaara flips out again...all the way into his tragic backstory!

Oh, creepy kid on a swing, nothing bad will happen.

So these kids are playing soccer near Gaara and kick their ball over a cliff. He uses his sand magic to get the ball and tries to hand it back to them they all flip out and run away. Poor kid/monster. He asks them not to run away...and his sand tries to help him by tripping them all. He just doesn't want to be alone anymore and nearly kills a young girl before his buddy Yashamaru steps in to talk Gaara down. I guess he really wasn't alone after all. Back to the real world and Gaara's sand arm demolishes some more trees and he laughs and stuff. Sasuke is afraid, lives in fear every day Gaara is alive. Why is Gaara fixated on the sauce? Back to the plateau of exposition. The eyes of loneliness. True loneliness. They have the same eyes. Metal Gear Solid dialogue. Eyes that seek revenge against those that made you so lonely, eyes that burn to see them all dead. Kakashi has had enough of this crap. They won't fight to advance, they'll fight for survival. Kakashi calls it crazy. Sauce has been legit shook for a good two minutes straight here. I guess he never thought of it this way before.

So dark and brooding.

Gaara is calling him out! Why did Itachi leave him alive? He chose Sauce as the one to get revenge for the clan, to kill him! More exciting soul pulling, old man stabbing action. Third wants a double fatality. He's gonna get that soul bro. Chidori versus demon arm.

Pokemon was wrong.

It looks like Chidori won! Temari can't believe it, her brother is down! But he's breathing. No wait, that's maniacal laughter. Oh, he's never felt physical pain before and this is making him feel truly alive. Temari is scared shitless. Oh, Gaara had a sand tail now. Without the Sharingan Sauce would be dead by now. No shit. He tries a fireball, nope, sand shield. He can only harm him with the Chidori, and he's already used a bunch of them today. Back to the plateau of exposition. During training Kakashi says he can only use it twice. Sharingan+Chidori uses a ton of chakra in a short amount of time. He thinks two is very impressive for his training, Kakashi can only use four. If he has to force a jutsu, it won't work, but it can also kill you or burn you out forever. We all know where this is going. Weak hatred. Too soft. Not enough hate to give you the strength to kill. His hate is far weaker than mine. Better republican platform than Trump.

Itachi hat.

Oh shit, Sasuke is AN AVENGER. Did it work? It looks like it failed...but Gaara's sand arm falls off.

Oh, Sauce's curse mark activated.

Sauce is now out of juice and in incredible pain because of the curse seal. He can't move. Gaara just sands up his other arm and goes in for the kill. I guess his hate was stronger.

c78I312.gif

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! Oh and Sakura and Pakkun are there too.

bigkrev

Dr Strange was alright.

I think putting that movie in VR would legit kill some people.

Was also amused by all the Pro-trump stuff I heard with people sitting nearby. Same guy who was listing off reasons why Trump was the best candidate ("we need a leader with balls!") got dunked on by his friend with "your wardrobe consists of Comic Book T-Shirts, 1 Button-up, 1 pair a Jeans, and 10 pairs of Basketball Shorts" when the guy made a comment while a Jeans commercial played before the movie.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I was originally a bit bummed that Patrick Seitz didn't get to be All Might for My Hero Academia.

........after watching some scenes, I take back my disappoint & can say that Chris Sabit NAILS it, especially when it comes to attack names.

plz bring mha to toonami in 2017

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It would work great as a "break" show between Jojo Part 2 & 3 considering it's only 13 episodes.

Kind of a bummer it wasn't mentioned when DeMarco brought up the top requested shows. Maybe it's lost among 4th & 5th place since he said there was so many other requests aside from Mob Psycho 100, OPM S2, & Tokyo Ghoul.

cntr

Banned
My guess is that Toonami's waiting to see how Season 2's received, especially since Season 1 was too short and didn't cover enough.

Moaradin

So I was originally a bit bummed that Patrick Seitz didn't get to be All Might for My Hero Academia.

........after watching some scenes, I take back my disappoint & can say that Chris Sabit NAILS it, especially when it comes to attack names.

plz bring mha to toonami in 2017

Yeah, Chris Sabat knocked it out of the park. Especially in the last episode. So good.

The dub in general was really great. Only a couple smaller roles seemed a little off to me but there wasn't enough scenes of them to get a good feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom