• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

As shitty as they are stuff like exclusive pre order only characters, costumes, or content is a far better incenstive for me to pre order then shit like 200 potions or 10 free boxes of ammo even if such a thing is crazy expensive in game.
The real best pre order bonus is an early digital copy of another, smaller game. Kid Icarus Uprising did it by giving you the 3D Classics version of the original game (which is by far the best version of the game, the background art is great) at least a month before it became standalone.
Edit: Not sure if it was mentioned, but Demarco said on his ask.fm that CWCLV "did well for us, we are all happy".
Playing devil's advocate, when was the last time he was displeased with something that wasn't a dud visible a mile away?

cntr

Banned
Children Who Chase Lost Voices wasn't super horrible, and he said it was cheap, right? It probably made enough money to be a success.

What was wrong with Tenchi Muyo GXP? Honest question, I don't know anything about it.

GXP is without a doubt the worst anime I've ever seen. It's a Wacky Harem Anime only it's not funny and have terrible animation and it ends with
the main character literally getting gang raped by his harem.

I think Demarco marks any show that completes its run, does decently ratings wise, and makes at least some people happy a success.

Based on those parameters, as disliked as SAO is, it's a success as far as Toonami is concerned.

Pretty much. Like, no lie, whenever SAO3 is inevitably made you can bet they will air it on Toonami because its a series with a built in audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Having listened to the podcast, you guys perfectly summed up the appeal of Jojo & why it's one of my favorite series, especially later on.

I think the whole "characters explaining what's happening" works in this series is because they're saying such insane stuff (i.e. stuff we don't consider normal by any means) or their delivery just hits that sweet spot of not being annoying or feeling tedious ("I CAN LIFT UP THIS GIANT ROCK!").

I'd also say it's able to handle making such silly things more tense, but that probably won't show up until later in the series when Stands are introduced.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hail Hydra.

tumblr_ofcpjw3pW91rvb8cmo1_500.jpg

Arbys is that you?

Also, did anyone get an email from SEGA about a press release of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone? if so, can you do me a favor and screencap that email? I want to confirm something thats in the email and not in the press releases floating around the net.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't get emails from Sega, but I would've gladly had done it.

I'm guessing you don't want the press release from Gamasutra?

bigkrev

EVERYONE in this thread better buy Future Tone. I don't care if you think Miku is weird, or don't like rhythm game, or don't own a PS4. Its the best console game I've played this year and the fact that is only going to cost 53.99 is absurd value

EVERYONE in this thread better buy Future Tone. I don't care if you think Miku is weird, or don't like rhythm game, or don't own a PS4. Its the best console game I've played this year and the fact that is only going to cost 53.99 is absurd value

I plan to get it but $$$ it might be a bit later in the year

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me makes me wonder if I should wait for a sale, considering that's how I got the F games on Vita.

Still, $54 for 224 songs is amazing, even if your mileage may vary on the quality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now that is a heel turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom