• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Hey but seriously how did Moria teleport to Oars? He was literally in the castle one second yelling at the dude, and the next second he was inside Oars. It made no sense.

I think it was spoiled in the thread that this will be addressed later.

Mizerman

They made a real inexplicable effort to make this drink nutrition label as legible as possible in IBO.
UrR3XeH.jpg

Human Debris Zero by Coca Cola

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wow, Dio ate so many breads and that's terrible.
Self-numbering food would be the ultimate diet-awareness item. Image how many would be shamed while eating bite-sized stuffs at parties and get-togethers!

Whoa. Killua looks a bit under the weather.
It's all the training! It gets to a boy.

orga and mika look different
.... I'm not seeing it! ;)

They made a real inexplicable effort to make this drink nutrition label as legible as possible in IBO.
UrR3XeH.jpg

Yeah, that was quite overly-defined. And so straight English. I'd expect it to look like a bottle of Ramune or something, or the kind that has Japanese information primarily, with an English sticker as a smaller addition.

Raxus

Sometimes I wonder if it was an error not setting up in an earthlike reality. It breaks immersion a little when you factor lots of little things like that, why edmonton is so important in this universe, why does everyone speak the same language, etc. when you add that caveat.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I mean, they're in South East Asia and then Canada, not Japan

Surely, but the production team is Japanese. Normally that leads the the product inspirations being a bit more domestically inspired. The show does a good, maybe even excellent job at localizing most of the time.

DORT was owned / supported by Africa, I'd have loved to see something showing said culture there... African culture is one of those things that seems to have very, very little appearance in almost any entertainment media, outside of things like Egyptian references.

cntr

Banned
For all their nonsensical plots, Gundam shows have been relatively good at being international.

I've always liked how they specified that Amuro (from the original Gundam) was born and grew up in Prince Rupert, Canada, 'cause that's a pretty obscure town in the scale of things

Moaradin

Been trying to finish up my Wii U backlog before FFXV comes out, and I must say, Wonderful 101 is fucking awesome. More people need to play this game.

cntr

Banned
Also as far as I know, most modern/future anime assume the world will speak English globally, like most fiction does. That doesn't really work with IBO's time scale, but how many shows try to keep track of language evolution anyway? Gargantia is the anime I know that doesn't (but Gargantia was bloody amazing at handling language).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wonderful 101 is in the same club as Bayonetta 1&2. Got the demo. Liked the demo. Bought the game (twice in the case of 101) and never booted it up. It's in my rainy day collection.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gaf seems to be working on mobile, but not on my desktop, even when using a different browser.

Edit: There we go, desktop seems to finally be working again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wut

why

I don't see the connection

that's like combining 3 months of ps+ & a subscription to better homes & gardening magazine

Jarate

Banned
wut

why

that's like combining 3 months of ps+ & a subscription to better homes & gardening magazine

Let's look at the average members fanbases

Anime - Manchildren who enjoy things made for children
Wrestling - Manchildren who enjoy things made for children

Anime and Wrestling have a lot of overlapping fans actually, which is n ot surprising, given that anime is fairly popular among 13-18 year old males, which i'd imagine is also a demographic for Wrassling.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"anime"

"made for children"

*remembers Hellsing Ultimate & Black Lagoon*

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All seriousness, it just seems like a weird connection to me when I see wrestling as American (though I do recall it exists in Japan) & anime being Japanese. But I guess there do exist wrestling anime (Ultimate Muscle for example) & manga. I just don't associate the two together. Maybe it was just because they used Naruto & not an...ya know....wrestling anime....but then again, the only other that comes to mind is Wanna Be the Strongest in the World....which obviously wouldn't work well for marketing due to its content & lack of popularity)

For some reason, I'm more easily accepting that wrestling & video game fans can overlap considering all the wrestling games that've been released over the years.

& obviously, cartoons are made for different age groups. Hell, DBZ was originally aimed at kids, despite some changes to tone the violence down for the US demographic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Playing Drakengard 3's DLC before the final branch, working my way through World of Final Fantasy, preparing for FF15, finishing up Valkyrie Drive, doing trophy clean up in Mighty No. 9, waiting to play GE2 after beating Resurreciton, seeing if I can borrow Digimon Cyber Sleuth from my friend, getting ready for Ratchet & Clank on Black Friday, & buying FFX/X2 HD possibly Thanksgiving night, then seeing what PSN & the eShop have on sale.

.....but as soon as ALL THAT is done, then I'll go back to God Eater Resurrection.

Edit: Actually, if we can make a group for GER, I wouldn't mind working on clearing more story missions & some of the optional ones to get more material. I think my main issue with MH-style games is that they feel lacking in the single player department, but at least GE & to some extend Freedom Wars gives you your own crew in comparison to MH where it feels like it's just you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pro Wrestling is pretty big in Japan. Not as huge as it used to be but big.
Actually, holy crap, I just remembered, the Fire Pro Wrestling series was by Japanese studios & lasted quite a while. Not sure why I didn't think of those when I mentioned "wrestling & video games".

While it's still on my mind, did 4Kids ever complete their dub of Ultimate Muscle & did it ever get picked up by someone else, perhaps got a redub or uncut version? I don't recall watching much of it (I think a few of the first episodes, but then grew tired of it & its humor), aside from it was on Fox Box or 4Kids TV or whatever Fox was calling their Saturday morning block.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wut

why

Wrestling is basically live action shonen anime filmed in front of an audience.

Colorful characters fighting each other all the time to see who is the strongest, they even have their own musical themes and named finishing moves.

I mean, this is basically every DBZ arc, when you get down to it:
https://youtu.be/DhKisE5000I

like we literally just watched this happen an episode or two ago

BBboy20

Edit: Actually, if we can make a group for GER, I wouldn't mind working on clearing more story missions & some of the optional ones to get more material. I think my main issue with MH-style games is that they feel lacking in the single player department, but at least GE & to some extend Freedom Wars gives you your own crew in comparison to MH where it feels like it's just you.
Just another way of saying of planning a schedule or there an actual group system in this game?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just another way of saying of planning a schedule or there an actual group system in this game?
Planning some kind of schedule. Maybe Saturday afternoon before Toonami starts or Sunday evening.

Though when I have the most free time is at night since when I don't have work, I just use my laptop or play games through the night until I go to bed at 7 a.m. & then wake up around 3 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom