• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I knew it had multiple endings but wow I didn't know that, damn

Oh yea, they totally fucked with people. If you get the DVD, the current one, they actually have a setting that allows you to get a random ending each viewing. There's also the version with the three endings that always airs on TV.

Clue is just a really fun movie and you can tell it was fun making it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The first Mortal Kombat is better than many movies.
& then Annihilation happened.

Speaking of which, did you know the producer of MK Annihilation, Lawrence Kasanoff, went on to direct Mortal Kombat: The Live Tour & the beloved animated film Foodfight?

Crocodile

A happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone!

Also my condolences to anyone who had to work during Black Friday >_<

I'm going bar hopping tonight so I doubt I'll be around (but we are also starting super early so who knows I guess)

OH JESUS, IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING!??!
CyGKu5VUsAAb6Xa.jpg:small

I want to believe but Gainax, king of the trolls so.......

Regiruler

So I was able to watch Lost Voices in its entirety, and overall it wasn't bad. Not as much action against larger forces as I was hoping, and the trailer made the battles look much more large scale than they actually were. The final was decent for what it was going for.

Honestly, when the teacher said only 1 of them needed to make it back alive I thought he was going down to kill himself to unite himself with his dead wife and all the mentions of revival from the dead were red herrings.

I think the best element of the film was the ark as it was the only thing in the film that had a proper amount of buildup and payoff, as it was the arbiter of the deal and had a very striking visual design when it displayed its final form: however it was shown in the trailer and I wish we saw a bit more like it.

Line_HTX

I finished watching Phantom Blood 05 and finally after looking at the credits I KNEW that Tony Oliver was using his Bang Shishigami voice for Blueford. That was unmistakeble, WHOO!!

I really really LOVE this change in the ED to have it play near the end of the song. It sounds more like what an ED should be instead of what it was originally.

Dadadada daaaa Daaaa DA!

Dadadada daaaa Daaaa DA!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, TOM and SARA have to figure out a way off this rock in the finale (wait, really?) of Intruder III, Cell decides to ragequit and take the whole planet with him, JoJo stands his ground against Blueford and Tarukus as the zombies prove to be formidable opponents, Carta's forces attempt to halt Tekkadan's progress toward Edmonton but Mikazuki is ready to unload some rage, Gon and Killua race to master the basics of Ten in order to pass Hisoka's barrier in time to register for the 200th Floor of the Heavens Arena, Itachi reveals the history of the Uchiha and the Mangekyo Sharingan to Sasuke, Moriah helps to unlock Oars' true potential while Luffy stumbles across some more of the Warlord's victims out in the woods, and Saitama and Genos join up with the Hero Association.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 95 - A Hero's Sacrifice! Last Chance to Save the World!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 6 - Tomorrow's Courage
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 23 - The Final Lie
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 29 - Awakening × And × Potential
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 136 - The Light & Dark of the Mangekyo Sharingan
2:30 - One Piece - 370 - The Secret Plan to Turn the Tables! Nightmare Luffy Makes His Appearance
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 5 - The Ultimate Master

Raxus

I am not surprised it was so short in retrospect. We just came off Intruder II and considering the budget and time I think they couldn't produce anything longer. Love to see what new Toonami looks like after this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure it was confirmed quite some time ago it was only going to be 4 episodes.

Edit: Yup, this was confirmed back in mid-October. Personally, I'm fine with the shorter format, Intruder 2 kind of felt like it could've been trimmed down a bit since one or two episodes felt like not much happened.

Line_HTX

I remember they said it would last the entire month, and this is the final Saturday of November.

Don't know where this flop thing even came from.

Strimei

Tonight on Toonami, TOM and SARA have to figure out a way off this rock in the finale (wait, really?) of Intruder III, Cell decides to ragequit and take the whole planet with him, JoJo stands his ground against Blueford and Tarukus as the zombies prove to be formidable opponents, Carta's forces attempt to halt Tekkadan's progress toward Edmonton but Mikazuki is ready to unload some rage, Gon and Killua race to master the basics of Ten in order to pass Hisoka's barrier in time to register for the 200th Floor of the Heavens Arena, Itachi reveals the history of the Uchiha and the Mangekyo Sharingan to Sasuke, Moriah helps to unlock Oars' true potential while Luffy stumbles across some more of the Warlord's victims out in the woods, and Saitama and Genos join up with the Hero Association.

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 95 - A Hero's Sacrifice! Last Chance to Save the World!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 6 - Tomorrow's Courage
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - 23 - The Final Lie
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 29 - Awakening × And × Potential
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 136 - The Light & Dark of the Mangekyo Sharingan
2:30 - One Piece - 370 - The Secret Plan to Turn the Tables! Nightmare Luffy Makes His Appearance
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 5 - The Ultimate Master

So I came into this thread because I got curious if there was any announcement of what replaces Gundam, when I saw this.

I'm pretty sure you are, but did you use to go by Metatronda on the ASMB? Because I mean, Metatron in your name and you type a lot like him, so...pretty sure.

Blast from the past, if so, heh.

I'm kinda surprised that we haven't gotten a OP marathon.

One Piece got a marathon last December. So far, Naruto is the only show on the block that has yet to get a marathon. I'm assuming for the last two weeks of December we'll get a JoJo Phantom Blood Marathon and a marathon of the Cell Games episodes.

I remember they said it would last the entire month, and this is the final Saturday of November.

Don't know where this flop thing even came from.

I wouldn't call it a flop, but I do feel like there was diminishing returns with this one, especially since it, so far, seems to have very little to do with the first two Intruder parts. They probably should have given this event a different name.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aw yeah, time to get some popcorn ready for Toonami!

*realizes the fact I accidentally bought the box that has the mini bags instead of the usual bunch*

........*sigh*....

One Piece got a marathon last December. So far, Naruto is the only show on the block that has yet to get a marathon. I'm assuming for the last two weeks of December we'll get a JoJo Phantom Blood Marathon and a marathon of the Cell Games episodes.
My understanding is that they can only get the rights for a few episodes at a time, meaning a marathon will most likely not happen.....but then I looked on adult swim's site & it seems they actually have the last 9 episodes, so maybe that isn't the case anymore?

My understanding is that they can only get the rights for a few episodes at a time, meaning a marathon will most likely not happen.....but then I looked on adult swim's site & it seems they actually have the last 9 episodes, so maybe that isn't the case anymore?

That might be it. I'd prefer if there was a Shippuden Marathon, it'd be for the Climax of the Pain fight.

Mizerman

...Oh yeah, I forgot about last year.

Lucentto

Banned
I always try to put Metatron in my final parties of SMT games, even if he is just God's lackey.

m5jFmG2.png

Fuck.

I keep telling myself I need to play Nocturne already, but other games keep demanding my time. I will just have to force myself to play it after I finish FFXV.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Let's see what the pre-Toonami Family Guy is
Seahorse Seashell Party
... *changes over to Simpsons marathon*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom