• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Wait, is this Pirate Leader the source of the shadow possessing Lola the Warthog-Zombie?

Also, more shonen-time shenanigans afoot. Dude probably used 10 minutes just stuffing the shadows inside of him :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Real talk, the more I thought about Rey and talk about her with my friends, the more "meh" she came off. Like "Mary Sue" isn't especially a term I'd use but I can kind of emphasize with that sentiment. A lot of it has to do with the fact that we know very little about her to be honest.

We didn't know all that much about Luke either.

I don't understand why she gets so much grief for doing standard Star Wars shit.

ckohler

Loved the expressions this episode.

XFqGUw1.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
uugghhhhh, these emergency alarm systems are so annoying. Makes me miss the bump & the first few minutes of the 3 a.m. slot.

Edit: least it ended just before the OP was playing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"lol look at that dude & his buff body"

WHACK A MOLE

considering what we've seen, that punching machine should've been sent flying outside the building

Crocodile

I don't understand why she gets so much grief for doing standard Star Wars shit.

I wouldn't call Luke a paragon of sci-fi protagonists either :p

My memory is that he struggled to do more things at the start but if I ever get around to re-watching the first trilogy I wouldn't have trouble knocking him down some notches if he's worse (as a character) than I remember. Anyway I wouldn't call her bad at all, just very undercooked as I said. Finn felt like the best written character in that movie (and better written than what I remember of Luke). I think she comes off look extra good because the bad guy was dogshit in the movie?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's because there's two generations of viewers now who have never had the experience of watching Star Wars films without having all the answers known and readily available already. The original trilogy ended 33 years ago, and then the next three movies were all just covering details of stuff we basically knew the ultimate answers to already, so questions like "how does this character fit into the grand scheme of things?" hasn't really been a thing in more than a third of a century. For the first time in decades, there are no answers to the big mysteries, but people are so used to those answers being there in Star Wars (and society has become so instant gratification obsessed in general) that it "must" be a mistake or poor characterization to not have them all already.

Also, she's a girl.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ya know

could someone possibly at least trap saitama if they used extra-sticky gum or glue, based on the fact he had trouble getting the gum off his face?

Seda

DBZ is DBZ, I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying Jojo in here because I remember these episodes not really grabbing me the first time I saw it, I feel Gundam is improving as it wraps up the season but It's clear that plot issues are holding it back and it's too late for those to be addressed well by the show - guess I gotta start just watching for the set pieces and not the narrative, Hunter X Hunter Nen stuff is really boring me but at least we seem to be getting into some battle stuff now - so I'm interested in seeing Gon or Killua get some techniques or something, some of the Uchicha stuff works for me but a large part of it doesn't - kinda a microcosm of the potential of the show really, One Piece is ramping up but I'm not sure if I like the 'stuff shadows into Luffy bit'

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so....shouldn't be automatically move up considering he was able to beat someone that was a higher grade than him? but then again, I guess Snek didn't want to admit his defeat

also looollll great moment to make into a bump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so....shouldn't be automatically move up considering he was able to beat someone that was a higher grade than him? but then again, I guess Snek didn't want to admit his defeat

also looollll great moment to make into a bump.

That's not really how it works.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Every time I watch this, I just appreciate all the details put into the animation, like all the tech stuff that pops out of Genos' arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom