• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Gaming side is merely a news aggregator at this point in Its life. I don't think its really been a relevant talking point for video games for years now.

I would suggest not reading it tbh. It reminds me of /v/ circa post project chanology, and that's not something I really think is worth worrying about

It's sad that there will never be a huge site with a good gaming community, but at this stage of the internet, it's gonna be hard to find.

Seda

I guess people are assuming reviewers must have been bribed for FFXV reviews to be fairly good? There's no way they /actually/ think the game is good, right.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People just have bad opinions on popular hyped games that suck. There is still a mass delusion that MGS4 is any good. GTA IV reviews make it seem like it's one of the best games ever and don't get me started on Assassins Creed.

*At interview*

"So why should we hire you?" "What can you bring to the company?"
*strangely taken back by question* "Uhhh...I'm clean man."
*blank stares*

Got the job tho.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gaming side is merely a news aggregator at this point in Its life. I don't think its really been a relevant talking point for video games for years now.

I would suggest not reading it tbh. It reminds me of /v/ circa post project chanology, and that's not something I really think is worth worrying about

It's sad that there will never be a huge site with a good gaming community, but at this stage of the internet, it's gonna be hard to find.

You know, I will take that over the depressed and stressed Trump hole the OT has become because that place I don't think is healthy for the mind right now.

Mobile Suit Gunam Unicorn is comin' to Toonami y'all

15178100_1679238549033652_845972949213862385_n.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, this originally started airing in Japan in April 2016. & this'll be 22 episodes long, so about half the year.

Edit: That's a typo, it says it's beginning the 2nd, but Toonami Facebook says the 7th (though granted, we kind of figured since the 1st would be a New Years marathon)

Also, assuming there's no marathons, I think it'll end on June 3rd, but I'm guessing the 10th since there'll probably be a marathon on Easter weekend.

Moaradin

Uh, ok. More Gundam I guess. It's part of the UC as well which means I'm probably gonna be really confused since I never watched any of the main Gundam stuff.

If we were gonna get all this Gundam, then I wish they got G Gundam and/or Build Fighters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know, it's not MP100....

Personally, eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Considering how lackluster IBO has been, I just can't muster up excitement for more Gundam, especially when it's airing right after another Gundam.

Granted, maybe this one will be better, but part of me wishes they had a shorter show to let Gundam have a "break"....but hey, maybe this means Jojo won't go on a break & Part 3 will air after Part 2 finishes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
More Gundam? That's cool.
Apparently this is a 22 episode retelling of a 7 episode OVA.
Takes place three years after the events of Char's Counterattack.

Seda

So Gundam Unicorn was a seven episode OVA series that started in 2010, but now this is a sort of 22 episode (regular length) repackaged anime series that started in Japan last April.

Moaradin

I know, it's not MP100....

Personally, eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Considering how lackluster IBO has been, I just can't muster up excitement for more Gundam, especially when it's airing right after another Gundam.

Granted, maybe this one will be better, but part of me wishes they had a shorter show to let Gundam have a "break"....but hey, maybe this means Jojo won't go on a break & Part 3 will air after Part 2 finishes.

I kinda hope JoJo goes on break so we can fit in some smaller shows in between. If we get back to back Gundam, back to back JoJo, and back to back DBZ, we won't see many new shows for a while.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, actual UC Gundam! Can't say I was expecting that.

This series has a main character named Full Frontal, by the way. Just thought you ought to know. Gundam gonna Gundam.

Okay, Gundam Unicorn takes place after Char's Counterattack. That basically means that Zeon as a military force has been defeated, but there are still remnants that operate as terrorist organizations. There's a lot of references to previous Gundam series, but I think it's manageable. People who haven't watched previous Gundam series should be mostly okay.

Darn bL∞dy f8 -eUC-" is performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer cut version will be painful.

I think this is just a weird choice, the dub and sub are both on CR/Daisuki. Couldnt they have gotten another Gundam instead.

Seda

I wonder if they'll keep the voice actors from the OVA.

Yeah this was confusing me for a bit. Is this anime like a total redo of the OVA, or just the OVA cut up into regular length episodes.

As for the OVA: English cast includes Steve Staley, Stephanie Sheh, Keith Silverstein for the main trio. Other parts include Troy Baker, Matt Mercer, Tara Platt, Liam O Brien, Yuri Lowenthal, MIchelle Ruff, Kirk Thornton, Patrick Seitz, Richard Epcar (Unless this anime repackage is totally redubbed)

[that awkward moment when you edit someone's post instead of quoting it /mod problems]

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kinda hope JoJo goes on break so we can fit in some smaller shows in between. If we get back to back Gundam, back to back JoJo, and back to back DBZ, we won't see many new shows for a while.
I would be perfectly fine with that. I feel like it helps to have a "break" show to help the block have some variety. At the very least, I just hope UC98 is overall better than IBO, which has just been very "meh" all things considered.

This series has a main character named Full Frontal, by the way. Just thought you ought to know. Gundam gonna Gundam.
....well....let's get the obvious jokes out of the way.

So when he attacks, is that a full frontal assault?

If there's a bathing scene, will there be full frontal nudity?

will this show have full frontal with samantha bee?

If his brain gets worked on, does that count as a full frontal lobotomy?

Yeah this was confusing me for a bit. Is this anime like a total redo of the OVA, or just the OVA cut up into regular length episodes.

As for the OVA: English cast includes Steve Staley, Stephanie Sheh, Keith Silverstein for the main trio. Other parts include Troy Baker, Matt Mercer, Tara Platt, Liam O Brien, Yuri Lowenthal, MIchelle Ruff, Kirk Thornton, Patrick Seitz, Richard Epcar (Unless this anime repackage is totally redubbed)

Its just the ovas in episode length form with even weird abrupt cuts to end an episode.

Also the dub is on CR.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

[that awkward moment when you edit someone's post instead of quoting it /mod problems]
It's the OVA re-cut into standardized episode form, with a couple instances of added or altered animation and obviously the addition of things like next episode previews and the like.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's the OVA re-cut into standardized episode form, with a couple instances of added or altered animation and obviously the addition of things like next episode previews and the like.

Gotcha.
Which means we're likely going to have Steve Staley as the protagonist. Ouch.

At least being an OVA means great animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom