• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it makes sense that Toonami won't go straight from jojo part 1/2 to part 3 since that's the only slot that isn't completely tied down for the foreseeable future.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks up Steve Staley*

...oohhh, the computer nerd from the Elite Four from Kill la Kill.

......also McGillis from IBO & Moondoggie from Eureka 7.

........& Chlotz from Conception 2 and how do i know that...

Any case, he seems like a fine actor. He'll most likely be fine in UC0096 as long as the character he's playing isn't annoying.

I remember the dub of Unicorn being fine. Didn't watch all of it dubbed tho. Just checked out two episodes.

I do remember one odd moment where the voice and lips didn't match at all.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
somebody remind me what happened in the original gundam so I can go watch Zeta or whatever the next one is

I watched the three movies but don't remember much but a couple of individual moments like that dude jumping into a gundam hand and blowing himself up

Apharmd

Unicorn is much better than Iron Blooded Orphans.

That said, it's still meandering a bit, simplifies politics it has no right to be talking about and can be mind-bogglingly naive.

It's still heads and shoulders above IBO, one of the worst mainline entries in Gundam.

Dub work is fantastic too, and I'm a giant weeab.

Seda

Most Gundam fans have no taste and wouldn't know good writing if it bit them on the butt. But feel free to watch it yourself and make your opinion.

The first season of IBO is nearing completion right now on Toonami (2 episodes left) and opinions here are pretty mixed. I don't think anybody believes IBO is great - the most positive responses seems to be that IBO has a few good elements that may or may not redeem some poorly executed narrative stuff, depending on what things an individual is looking for in a show.

We should all sit down and watch the terrible Star Trek TNG movies. We can debate which one has Picard most out of character.

It'll make the Gundam franchise look better in comparison.

Seda

Ljl3VCU.png

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/803755266743422980

Chase17

I'm going to roll the dice with alternate choice (which I'm sure is just code for Ping Pong)

Not that I can even vote being someone without a twitter account. Hopefully Mob makes is sooner or later

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That being said, MP100 is winning by a large margin but Lupin Part 4 is coming in second place, so maybe after MP 100?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Note from the Toonami vote thread, seems they tried getting Space Battle Yamato 2199 two years ago and got shut out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom