• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RLqc1Oq.gif

Keijo's Buttzarre Assventure

Maybe it's just me, but I actually didn't really want a sequel to The Last of Us. At least not one that followed Ellie and Joel.

Not saying it's gonna be bad, but I felt the first game ended perfectly and wrapped their story up.

BBboy20

Maybe it's just me, but I actually didn't really want a sequel to The Last of Us. At least not one that followed Ellie and Joel.

Not saying it's gonna be bad, but I felt the first game ended perfectly and wrapped their story up.
p6319_p_v8_ae.jpg

That subtitle alone signifies how ambitious they're gonna' try to be.

The Last of Us Part 2 is exciting and all, but DAT WINDJAMMERS THO!

Right?

Right????

Naught Dog are gods. I want to see more of Joel and Ellie so I'm happy they're returning.

Crocodile

WTF is Windjammers and why are people losing their shit over it?

Also I had forgotten how crazy Marvel hype was until these past few days. MvC Infinite has me cautiously optimistic. I'm glad it exists but there seems like 100 ways they could fuck it up.

KeiJoJo's Bizarre Assventure Episode 8

Finally, the battle between Fat Bottomed Girls & Baby Got Back we've all been waiting for.

Also, from what I'm hearing, Cell is FINALLY going to be defeated this week or the next? Despite probably going to hate the method they finally defeat him, I'm just going to be glad it'll finally be over.

Fat Bottom Girl sounds a but too on the nose but Baby got Back sounds like an awesome Stand Name :p

BBboy20

Apparently Capcom USA as a developer might or is a thing...

I mean, if they actually got Alison Brie and Robert Downey Jr in it, maybe not having villains and Wolverine may have been worth it but so far, it does seem to be a super safe DIsney direction considering that photorealistic look isn't looking so hot so far...I'll admit, having infinity gems seem very dicy considering how it was implemented before but if you can use the Infinity Gauntlet in an fighter...

Guess, for now, UMVC3 on PS4 seems to be the most exciting prospect.

Also that Aquaman movie is apparently gonna happen.

download.png

...Why didn't they just make him like the Brave and the Bold Aquaman? That's the only Aquaman that matters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
guys, someone contact Giant Bomb about Windjammers, also I can finally see what all the hype is about & then be disappointed after hearing how great it is to find out it's only alright.

UUGGGGHHHHHHH, MEGA MAN X?! I WANTED THE ORIGINAL, LET'S FACE IT, CAPCOM IS RUINED.....nah, all seriousness, I'm rather glad they chose X because I always hated MM's moveset in previous MvC games.

Dat Nier Automata LE....but $190 is way too expensive & bleh at S-E exclusive. Too used to 20% off via Amazon.

I'm....okay with the Crash HD. Plus it seems to only be $40, which is nice. Will be interesting to see what my friend thinks. If anything, I just hope the first game's physics will be fixed, that & the saving mechanic are what put me off from playing the original.

Parappa HD looks...okay as well?? Will be interesting to see how much it costs.

Fat Bottom Girl sounds a but too on the nose but Baby got Back sounds like an awesome Stand Name :p
Basically, everyone at Giant Bomb loves the game, especially Jeff.

Also, I just realized Baby Got Back could've worked instead of Cheap Trick, but as you said, might've been too on the nose.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should have gotten an PS4 instead of a Xbox One.
Every time I think of getting an X1 on sale, I think to myself what exactly would I get that I can't get on PS4, either first or 3rd party. The only two that come to mind are Rare Replay & Sunset Overdrive. Maybe Dead Rising 3 or 4, but I'm not a big enough fan of the series to warrant buying a new console.

At least with 360, they made an effort to have Japanese developers make games for it & XBLA had some great exclusives, but with more games being multiplatform this gen & the exclusives I care about being on PS4, I just can't see a reason to give in & nab a X1 aside from "well maybe I could transfer all my 360 content to the X1"

Also damn it, is it time to pre-order another Danganronpa LE already? & I have to decide between Vita & PS4 this time?

bigkrev

PSX conference was awesome, even if the Wipeout game is an HD Remaster, it's at least a remaster of 3 games including the Vita version that had some issues.

Also, mother fucking LOCOROCO is getting a remaster. Watch/Listen to this without instantly wanting to throw money at it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5Tp3xiJgU

Anyone thinking of getting Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS4 right now?

Thinking? The only reason I didn't buy it instantly was that it wasn't actually up till 10 minutes ago!

I actually traded my PS3 copy in on Amazon for $22 yesterday because I had a feeling this was going to happen- and then I spent an hour last night playing the Vita version of the game lol.

Jeff Gerstmann, who now that he doesn't write Gamespot reviews freely admits he hates 99% of games that come out, loves the game to death and Giant Bomb has done tons of videos on it.

Also a massive fan: WWE Superstar/ Anime fan Xavier Woods/Austin Creed https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkPgLYFile/

Every time I think of getting an X1 on sale, I think to myself what exactly would I get that I can't get on PS4, either first or 3rd party. The only two that come to mind are Rare Replay & Sunset Overdrive. Maybe Dead Rising 3 or 4, but I'm not a big enough fan of the series to warrant buying a new console.

At least with 360, they made an effort to have Japanese developers make games for it & XBLA had some great exclusives, but with more games being multiplatform this gen & the exclusives I care about being on PS4, I just can't see a reason to give in & nab a X1 aside from "well maybe I could transfer all my 360 content to the X1"

Also damn it, is it time to pre-order another Danganronpa LE already? & I have to decide between Vita & PS4 this time?

As someone who is primarily a PC/Handheld player, I own a PS4 because I like playing Madden and EA hates PC gamers even though they have their own client, Origin, they want everyone to install.
I've been thinking a LOT about getting a cheap XB1- you can get used launch systems for like $150- because I really want to play Quantum Break, which I own on Windows, but is still barely playable even after upgrading my PC. I'm also a little interested in the BC stuff, because I bought a 360 at Launch and from then to 2009, when I basically switched fully over to PS3, I bought something like 100 XBLA games and lots of them are BC. It's really hard to justify buying one though just for that reason- I don't play consoles that much to begin with anymore (I checked- I've played a total of 12 hours of WiiU games this entire year), and buying another one makes so little sense for me. And I'm so invested in PSN games, that just ditching that console seems bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm debating UMvC3 since I like the game but I already have it on 360 (originally physically, then got it super cheap digitally) & I have a physical Vita version that's signed by the producer.

also how come supergirl is in the MvC Infinite trailer, i thought she was dc not marvel

bigkrev

I'm debating UMvC3 since I like the game but I already have it on 360 (originally physically, then got it super cheap digitally) & I have a physical Vita version that's signed by the producer.

also how come supergirl is in the MvC Infinite trailer, i thought she was dc not marvel

That's actually Captian Marvel. The trailer was actually funny, because she and Iron Man are the 2 central figures of the current Civil War 2 comic series

250px-Civil_War_II.jpg

NOTE Captain Marvel is not to be confused with Captain Marvel, the DC comics characer, and fighter in Injustice
2855232-marvel.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, wut.

I thought Shazam was the wizard who gave Billy Batson the power to transform into Captain Marvel because each letter stood for a different god to which his abilities were based on.

...& the word to which he had to say in order to transform into Captain Marvel

BBboy20

Dat Nier Automata LE....but $190 is way too expensive & bleh at S-E exclusive. Too used to 20% off via Amazon.
I bought it because of Plat...I do hope that's the last uber expensive CE from Square I'll...they're gonna' make one for Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7R, aren't they?

I should have gotten an PS4 instead of a Xbox One.

As I've stated on another thread someone complaining about 999 going to Playstation only: NEVER bet on Japan and Xbox.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As I've stated on another thread about 999 going to Playstation: NEVER bet on Japan and Xbox.
That's the reason why I went with PS4 (& honestly, stuck with the duo of Nintendo & Sony), because after waiting to see what games came out/were coming to each system, I realized that once again, Sony was getting the 3rd parties that I cared about, & a good amount were Japanese developers. I think I went with 360 because it was the "it's what everyone else is getting & my friends have it" system at the time, & while I'm still glad I had it, once I picked up a PS3, I pretty much stopped playing my 360.

Could also be why I never cared for the original Xbox, save for the Sega games that were exclusive like Jet Set Radio Future.

Wait, wut.

I thought Shazam was the wizard who gave Billy Batson the power to transform into Captain Marvel because each letter stood for a different god to which his abilities were based on.

...& the word to which he had to say in order to transform into Captain Marvel

Yes that's all true, but his hero name is Shazam instead of Captain Marvel, at least in the New 52

http://www.newsarama.com/8995-exclusive-geoff-johns-hopes-lightning-strikes-shazam.html

Nrama: Are you calling him Shazam now? Have you gotten rid of "Captain Marvel?"

Johns: Yeah, we're going to call him Shazam.

Nrama: Why the change?

Johns: Well, there are a lot of reasons for the change. One is that everybody thinks he's called Shazam already, outside of comics. It's also, for all sorts of reasons, calling him Shazam just made sense for us. And, you know, every comic book he's in right now has Shazam on the cover. So I think just by embracing that and calling him Shazam.

And you'll see it actually make sense in story, why he's called Shazam rather than Captain Marvel. That's just what he's going to be called for us from now on.

BBboy20

I bought UMVC3.

For the record, I never did play too much of MVC3 despite getting the collector's edition. Got on the MVC high that everyone was churning up during it's hype and release...yet when I tried training Super Skrull on the highest difficutly in an attempt to master counters...I really couldn't do it...he was too fast and..I'd guess I gave up and moved on. I tried MP a few times but laggyness and expert players made me just not try any further and...oddly enough, not too many people on 360 played despite getting it on that version because I expected the stardom to gain a bit more of a gathering (and branch out my Capcom games of then then having them be stuck on PS3).

Really didn't help that Ultimate came not long after and was like..."ok, whatever, bye."

Yet here I am, on that MVC high again...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I bet on Nintendo, handhelds, and PC in that order. The only non Nintendo console I ever felt delivered exactly what I wanted was the PSX.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, I thought that was Miss Marvel.

And why the hell do they have the same name?
I think Ms. Marvel & Captain Marvel are the same character now???

I don't know, comic books are weird, I'm sticking with manga where things make more sense.
/joke

I bet on Nintendo, handhelds, and PC in that order. The only non Nintendo console I ever felt delivered exactly what I wanted was the PSX.
Wait, I thought PSX was the event that just happened.

....no, wasn't PSX that weird digital video recorder that had a built-in PS2....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom