• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

Well my work here is done. Be well, Sailor Toonami-gaf.

source.gif

But you didn't do anything

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know I should expect it, but it would be kind of disappointing if IBO S2 was the replacement for UC0096. I understand DeMarco wants Gundam to stay a Toonami staple, but it'd still be nice to at least have a break with a show that's only 12 episodes for a little variety.

Some form of Gundam eating up another slot for multiple years along with DBZ/OP/Naruto bums me out a bit.

HxH has plenty to go, and I really hope JoJo goes continuously from part to part on Toonami given the head start Japan has with the delay in airing it, but there seems to be so little room on the block, especially when there's the inevitable inclusion of Samurai Jack and FLCL which I don't care about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know gundam isn't everyone's thing, but if at least it's not another shonen eating up a spot.
Plot twist: It'll be a Gundam that's also a shonen.

Despite the fact we still have a rather good line-up, I think I'm starting to understand the people who're saying that Toonami at the moment is lacking "variety". A bunch of Shonen Jump shows & now the possibility of some form of Gundam staying on the block. Hell, despite being more than okay with MHA hitting the block, I'll acknowledge it still falls under shonen with some of its tropes.

Maybe that's why MB100 is being requested, it'd probably stand out more among the other shows, despite taking its time to get "going".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much every Gundam I'd categorize broadly as Shonen.

Young male protagonists, check.
Power Fantasies of impossibly young men being too good at their jobs, CHECK.
Honor Duels, check.
Villains joining the good guys, check.
Power of friendship, check.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In a year of great games I think I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say.

Pokémon Sun/Moon might be the best game(s) released this year.

Now I'm a long time fan of the series. Played some games over 2000 hours. Played them all at least once. Even watch all the anime with a buddy of mine through the lean years and the great years. I'd never thought I'd say that any Pokémon game was the best game released that year. Red/Blue came close but that was an incredibly strong year for gaming. Again later on with Fire Red/Leaf Green. Same thing with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

But Sun and Moon actually might have reached that lofty goal. It's certainly the best the game has ever been mechanically. It's easily the best the game has ever looked. It's also far and away the best story they've ever had. They've been trying (and failing hard) since the fourth generation to make the story something more than cock fighting. But the writing has always been somewhere between poor and actively cringe worthy. This time though, they've got something that resonated with me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a simple tale for all ages, with nothing too profound in it. But it works! I truly felt like I was going through something unique here, even a bit thought provoking at times. This was something they nearly got right with Black and White and then completely backed off on in the last moment.

Fantastic game. Good amount of end game content compared with X/Y. Great setting that feels organic. Z Moves are a fun addition. Alolan forms have spiced up some old favorites even better than Mega forms did last generation.

man, I really want a 3ds now.

maybe I should save up for a 2ds or something

You can get a 2ds for like $80 new probably even less used. If you just want pokemon sun/moon wait for the switch and pokemon stars. 3ds has a god tier library but don't buy one just for pokemon.

cntr

Banned
Oh no, I'm not interested only for Pokemon, there's a bunch of stuff I want to play. It's just that Pokemon is making it even more appealing now

I just beat the Elite 4 in Sun & Moon tonight. Outside of the distribution of Pokemon throughout the islands I have to say this is probably my favorite Pokemon game ever.

Honestly, if the Backstreet Boys told me their careers were basically just FFXV I'd believe them.

Also, 2016 was a pretty good year for games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Keijo Episode 9

What the fuck did I just watch?!

JoJo Part 4 Episode 36

What the fuck did I just watch?!
KeiJoJo's Bizarre Assventure Episode 8

Finally, the battle between Fat Bottomed Girls & Baby Got Back we've all been waiting for.

Also, from what I'm hearing, Cell is FINALLY going to be defeated this week or the next? Despite probably going to hate the method they finally defeat him, I'm just going to be glad it'll finally be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom