• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Ray Down

Banned
I doubt a final season of Bleach will ever happen, maybe the series being cancelled both in anime and in manga form and the last arc being even more terrible and laughable then the fullbringers clouds my judgement but it would be interesting to see this thread reactions and how the animators animate certain moments like:

- Yami bankai
- Gremmy fight in general
- "So Ichigo how do you like Orihime dress?"
- Pepe
- Mask
- Control of everything black
- Chick Flamingo dark angel
- Deus Ex Machina sword
- Ichigo Face Plant
- Juha Bach power in general
- Plot convient power light and silver stillborn arrow head
- Histuguy true bankai

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe if they animate the rest of Bleach we'll finally understand what the fuck Unohana's bankai was supposed to be.

tumblr_oaiu2m7IPG1qehrvso1_500.gif

Oh yeah, for my anime binge watching, I just finished Tokyo Ghoul and Root A last night. I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but that was a terrible adaptation. I haven't read the manga, so I was going in with fresh eyes, but man those two seasons were underwhelming.

It's FMA day. I guess I'll watch the first anime again on Funimat---oh wait.

It's on Crunchyroll now.

I feel like you have that backwards

For AS/Toonami the ratings if any length of bleach anime would make the investment worth it regardless of length. Afterall if AS ordered 13/26/52 episodes the increasing cost by the increasing length would continue to cover the cost.

I meant more along the lines of the cost of "sakuga-level" animation.
Unless they can work with Shueisha and Pierrot and form a production committee, I can't see Adult Swim alone having enough money to make a Bleach anime happen while also continuing their original programming and acquiring new anime.

If you need any evidence as to how well a Bleach continuation anime would do on Toonami, think about how many times we've jokes or seen "why did you cancel Bleach" asked by people on DeMarco's reddit ama, askfm, and at conventions.

Keep in mind, that could just be a vocal minority who keeps asking about that, not the larger AS viewer base.

But like I mentioned earlier, AS can't fund anything Bleach anime related without the blessings of the main license holders (Shueisha and Studio Pierrot). So Jason would have to fly to Japan, sit down with their reps, and discuss pursuing another anime to conclude the Bleach story.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A look at Sayo Yamamoto, director of "Yuri!! on Ice"

I'm happy she did these styles for Space Dandy for those two episodes.

Interesting read! That's way more credit than I usually want to think of a "Director", honestly. I want to think of so many of those aspects as part of the animators, character artist, or chief animators style, but you can surely see her personal vision and style coming through in all of the mentioned works.

I always love when OP and EDs can be traced to particular directors and artist. It really makes them feel like intimate AMVs. There's many a show that stick with me because of the strong impressions from these little focused experiences.

oPFLfcb.gif

They're really a part of the experience, and the animation work in them can often outshine the episodes themselves, which helps make up for bad ones. Even as a kid, you could get me to watch the weirdest stuff by giving me an awesome looking set of moments in an intro.

6bionicostumblr_m9e2gvNVUP1ry6hqso1_250.gif
Thundercats-MadeforLeticia.gif

That's definitely something Bleach brought to Toonami that's been practically missing since. I really wish DBZ Kai's OP was consistently much better sounding.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The transitions of them getting more and more desperate had me cracking up.
Haha, that as well. I wasn't expecting that when I saw that gif in the original trailer for the show.

Wonder how long it'll take to get a season 2, especially considering OPM is actually getting one.

Jarate

Banned
No one is going to let that go, will they?

I think it's pretty indicative of the fall of IBO

IBO started off as smart characters doing smart things in a super gritty universe, fighting against all odds

Now, it's maladjusted kids who dont comprehend basic things go around being ignorant while everyone creams their pants over this girl who's this revolutionary figure who also happens to be one of the most incompetent characters in the show

The universe went from a somewhat realistic semi future into this really weird universe where space harems exist even though the Harem leader lacks any charisma at all, everything is needlessly japanese, and space costco revolts.

But like I mentioned earlier, AS can't fund anything Bleach anime related without the blessings of the main license holders (Shueisha and Studio Pierrot). So Jason would have to fly to Japan, sit down with their reps, and discuss pursuing another anime to conclude the Bleach story.

And DeMarco has gone to Japan for business trips multiple times since Toonami has come back. Heck for all we know early talks for such a thing may have happened on his last trip.

Jarate

Banned
They clearly go to Japan to gain the trust of the Yakuza

You ever see Demarco without a shirt on, pretty sure he's a Yakuza now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why else is Toonami the only place that anime gets shown on TV anymore?

DeMarco is hiring the anime yakuza to take down the competitors. It would explain why Jetix on Disney isn't around anymore.

Jarate

Banned
Why else is Toonami the only place that anime gets shown on TV anymore?

DeMarco is hiring the anime yakuza to take down the competitors. It would explain why Jetix on Disney isn't around anymore.

Don't forget about Chiller

RIP Chiller, It had the best Anime like Devil May Cry on it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, I completely forgot about Chiller. Doesn't help it was on a weekday night & on a channel that not a lot of people got (usually have to get the bundle that includes every single channel from what I've seen), plus it was a really weird selection.

Seda

And DeMarco has gone to Japan for business trips multiple times since Toonami has come back. Heck for all we know early talks for such a thing may have happened on his last trip.

FLCL is certainly one product of those Japan trips. Gundam might be too (pretty sure he visited Sunrise there).

FLCL is certainly one product of those Japan trips. Gundam might be too (pretty sure he visited Sunrise there).

Oh for sure, but toonami is continuing to dream bigger and bigger as ratings continue to do well. Heck a year ago if I asked this thread what would toonami help fund another season of Bleach or FLCL 99% of people would probably guess Bleach.

Even though I think the word is overplayed, Luke Cage is too damn woke.
'Despite still suffering from the dragged out nature of being 13 episodes, it was enjoyable and had a much stronger finale than Jessica Jones or DD season 2.

Yes, but I don't want everyone to get their expectations up about Bleach Final Act happening just yet.
Let's see how the live-action film does first.

Moaradin

Oh for sure, but toonami is continuing to dream bigger and bigger as ratings continue to do well. Heck a year ago if I asked this thread what would toonami help fund another season of Bleach or FLCL 99% of people would probably guess Bleach.

That was also before WSJ abruptly ended it.

'Despite still suffering from the dragged out nature of being 13 episodes, it was enjoyable and had a much stronger finale than Jessica Jones or DD season 2.

I've only seen the first 2 episodes but I'm loving it so far. I'm fully expecting the pacing issues but I just watched Jessica Jones a week ago and that show suffers from the same problem according to most people. It doesn't really bother me as much since I'm binging it anyways.

Yes, but I don't want everyone to get their expectations up about Bleach Final Act happening just yet.
Let's see how the live-action film does first.

That was also before WSJ abruptly ended it.

I mean its abrupt because of how kubo paced it but were not entierly sure if jump ended it because Kubo is a hack who was milking them for money, because they told him to wrap it up by x volume and he's that shitty of a writer, or if the writing was on the wall and kubo is just that inept to not notice. The context for why it's ending was abrupt is something we don't fully know, and if Toonami and Viz are willing to cover the brunt of the money (bleach has/does make bank for both). I know yall hate Bleach and never want to see it back and rightfully so, but I think more Bleach is always on the cards even if it doesn't happen right away.

BBboy20

The small details in regards of the action and climax scenes later on seem weird, disjointed, and sloppy. Also, in DD2,
Pun not using the minigun on those ninjas on the roof top is the worst wasted opportunity ever.

Maybe they should try making more episodic episodes if they're stuck with 13 episodes. Luke could have easily delved much deeper into life in Harlem in a comic book universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom