• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I kind of wish I was here for the original run of this show. I got really busy at work but the second half has so many ridiculous moments after this episode.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 98 - Peace For the Future! The Spirit of Goku is Forever! - END
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 9 - The Final Ripple! - PART 1 END
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 10 - New York's JoJo - PART 2 START
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 32 - A × Surprising × Win
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 139 - The Mystery of Tobi
2:30 - One Piece - 373 - The End of the Battle Is Nigh! Pound in the Finishing Move
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 8 - The Deep Sea King

Later.

Raxus

Later.

1367273631305.png

Letting us down SAB!

good luck on the finals man

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Oh, don't misunderstand, I just meant final arc / season episodes :) I wanna draw Moriah's face at some point too, ha. Just... not... now. *shrug*
Oyasumi!

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 98 - Peace For the Future! The Spirit of Goku is Forever! - END
2:30 - One Piece - 373 - The End of the Battle Is Nigh! Pound in the Finishing Move

Later.

This line-up...

giphy.gif

BBboy20

Fire & Ice*: Jonathan & Dio is the final arc of Phantom Blood and we are at Part 3 now. The next episode's title pretty much abandons any reference of titling in the manga.

*AND SURPRISE if you wondered what that meant.

You know, I realized a problem with Naruto tonight. (Yes, a problem with Naruto, stop the presses.)

When Naruto first began, jutsu seemed important, but it seemed like many if not most fights were decided with fists and weapons. This gave the fights in early Naruto a good sense of weight and physicality. (Like the majority of Rock Lee's fights. Naruto as a franchise might have crashed and burned at the end, but Rock Lee's fight with Gaara is still amazing.) Fast forward to Shippuden, and many fights are just straight up jutsu battles with the occasional punch thrown. And it makes for some really long drawn out silly fights.

Moaradin

You know, I realized a problem with Naruto tonight. (Yes, a problem with Naruto, stop the presses.)

When Naruto first began, jutsu seemed important, but it seemed like many if not most fights were decided with fists and weapons. This gave the fights in early Naruto a good sense of weight and physicality. (Like the majority of Rock Lee's fights. Naruto as a franchise might have crashed and burned at the end, but Rock Lee's fight with Gaara is still amazing.) Fast forward to Shippuden, and many fights are just straight up jutsu battles with the occasional punch thrown. And it makes for some really long drawn out silly fights.

For as much shit everyone gives Naruto these days, I appreciate that the final fight ended
with the most grounded and brutal fist fight in the series.

BBboy20

Tomorrow's Courage (あしたの勇気 Ashita no Yūki)
Blood Battle! JoJo & Dio (血戦!JoJo&Dio Kessen! JoJo & Dio)
The Final Ripple! (最後の波紋! Saigo no Hamon!)

I WAS WRONG!

Though Sorrowful is the only thing new here.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
HOLY SHIT, WORKING DESIGNS LIVED IN MY CITY!

For as much shit everyone gives Naruto these days, I appreciate that the final fight ended
with the most grounded and brutal fist fight in the series.

It's also what I enjoyed about the end of the Pain fight.
It felt very "Back to basics" with Naruto using the terrain to his advantage like he did during the Chuunin Exams.

Mizerman

Next week on Toonami:

Later.

Welcome, Part 2 JoJo.

We're going to learn why Tobi is a good boy next week.

Tobi was such a good boy.

Never.

cntr

Banned
You know next week we'll get both the full Phantom Blood opening (with bonus sound effects!) and the 10th opening of One Piece (which is pretty decent)!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know next week we'll get both the full Phantom Blood opening (with bonus sound effects!) and the 10th opening of One Piece (which is pretty decent)!

Well don't forget Battle Tendency's opening.
But I think that's too many full openings for the night.
I don't think we get full One Piece openings on the first play either.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well don't forget Battle Tendency's opening.
But I think that's too many full openings for the night.
I don't think we get full One Piece openings on the first play either.

Yea, we will never get the fully bloated 2 minute One Piece openings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DB era Yamcha isn't so bad. Yeah you're missing that tooth and yeah, you lose just as much as usual but hey, steady girlfriend, one of the ten most powerful people on the planet, and you beat a little kid once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& then watch as there'll be a chapter where one of the kids' friends dies & then becomes Tien, & the two team up to actually be competent once again. For some reason, this "what if" scenario is actually kind of neat since it could lead to a rather different timeline of events.

DB era Yamcha isn't so bad. Yeah you're missing that tooth and yeah, you lose just as much as usual but hey, steady girlfriend, one of the ten most powerful people on the planet, and you beat a little kid once.
Same goes for Tien, who fought kid Goku & even had a move that let him gain two extra arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom