• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
also Speedwagon does show up in the Phantom Blood movie...but he's a generic villain that Jonathan beats up at Ogre Street and who never appears again.

Jotaro will always wear blue and pink to me.

jotarokujo-jailcell.gif

Yeah, no one really knows how the overall PB movie went, but if it's like the Part 3 OVAs, just imagine this - remove all the funny/not-serious parts of the 8 eps that have been on Toonami, make everything completely serious, but have everything be animated better.

Yeah, not worth it.

Ok, so Amuro bonds with this Lalah chick for like one episode
she gets wasted and now Amuro is angsting over her like she was his life mate.

OG series is a mixed back man. Just a few more episodes until I move onto Zeta.

Seda

Ok, so Amuro bonds with this Lalah chick for like one episode
she gets wasted and now Amuro is angsting over her like she was his life mate.

OG series is a mixed bag man. Just a few more episodes until I move onto Zeta.

I'm far behind you, but
this drama between Amuro and his mother is so bad.

I'm far behind you, but
this drama between Amuro and his mother is so bad.

I think that's one of the prime examples of my issue lol. The story will introduce spur of the moment stuff like this and then never follow up on it again. I know the writers had there backs in corners due to having less episodes than they planned for, but it keeps happening throughout the season. :p

There's a manga remake called Gundam: The Origin with better writing and less plot holes, fwiw.

I'm going to have to eventually check it out. I've been trying to get myself caught up since I'm hearing Unicorn is very continuity heavy. I''m moving onto Zeta next though.

Ratings.

DBZ Kai-1,364 0.6
Jojo-897 0.4
Gundam IBO-859 0.4
HxH- 805 0.4
Naruto-727 0.3

Only one show over a million, but it seems like the block did a good job of holding onto viewers over night.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ratings are probably not that big of a concern since Neo Toonami is going to have its biggest premiere night ever in a few weeks.

Ratings don't really seem to matter anymore seeing as Toonami is stable enough to hold its own and DB is making a comeback on the airwaves, both as Super and Buu Kai.

Speaking of DBZ, heres a fun little factoid:
http://vgmdb.net/album/23665

While looking up to see what Shunsuke Kikuchi has been doing now a days turns out he composed for Casshern Sins!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ratings don't really seem to matter anymore seeing as Toonami is stable enough to hold its own and DB is making a comeback on the airwaves, both as Super and Buu Kai.

Speaking of DBZ, heres a fun little factoid:
http://vgmdb.net/album/23665

While looking up to see what Shunsuke Kikuchi has been doing now a days turns out he composed for Casshern Sins!

Yeah, Kikuchi is fairly prolific.
He also composed several Gamera movies, and the majority of Showa-era Kamen Rider.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The dub for One Piece is so good. I didn't really like the two final big arcs of One Piece before the time skip when I first watched it but I have been keeping up with the dub as it comes out and it's fantastic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I choose to place all the blame on Kai.

& as punishment, instead of a Jojo marathon for Xmas, we're just getting a double feature of Love Hina Christmas Special & Itsudatte My Santa on repeat the whole night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The reason I haven't been posting a ton on weekdays is that I've made a concerted effort since November started to beat more video games in my backlog, including staying up pretty late the last few nights in order to polish off Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Fantastic game where all the budget went to the amazing arranged soundtrack, easily the best one outside of the two Titty Rhythm games. The rest of it went to making Chocobo and Mog look cute. The voice acting was recorded in a telephone booth under water, though some of the acting wasn't bad. The script isn't great. The art is bad, even for Wii standards, though they clearly put a ton of effort into Chocobo, Mog, and Sherma. The story is so-so, a ton of lost memories ala Big O or even Crystal Chronicles/a bunch of other FF spinoff games. But that shit doesn't matter as the story is mainly about Chocobo helping people out by being adorable.

This is a rogue like game. The friendliest rogue like game I can think of and I've played nearly 50 of the things. You keep your level, your job level, and your EQUIPPED items on death. You can quick save every floor and save your progress for real every ten. Most enemies die in 2 hits to most classes. Weapon upgrades in the form of pluses and even abilities can be brought over wholesale to better base weapons for an extremely reasonable price. Hell it's cheaper to go back and farm shitty weapons with no abilities than it is to buy the pluses outright at higher levels. You can max out three job classes without grinding whatsoever in the main game. Dark Knight, the last story mode job you get access to, can kill most bosses in two hits with a bit of planning.

Friendly. Cute (easily one of the cutest games I have ever played) with an amazing soundtrack of series hits only eclipsed by dedicated music games and Smash Brothers. Pretty cheap on Amazon.

If I was being generous, I'd say Star Wars Rebels is really trying to build up to climatic finish this season.

To be less generous and more honest, the show needs to get the fuck on with it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so he was proud of the moment that rukia crossed her arms & laughed like that one dude on tv early on in the series?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
also, shouldn't be "proud OF every moment", not "proud AT"? I don't think I've heard someone say "I'm proud at you"

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam watch starts now. Three minutes in and the protagonist kamille has already gotten backhanded. C'mon bro, Amuro made it like 15 episodes before he started getting slapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom