• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God's next temporary avatar
I hope

krWZpIt.png
Winner.

Everyone is so damn aggressive in Zeta lol.

"KAMILLE IS NOT A GIRL'S NAME!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUyqenD7kU
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam watch starts now. Three minutes in and the protagonist kamille has already gotten backhanded. C'mon bro, Amuro made it like 15 episodes before he started getting slapped.
You haven't even seen him get truly smacked the fuck up yet. I think every lead character in that fucking show eats a knuckle sandwich at some point.

Jesus Christ, Kamille whines a lot. Like, I could at least empathize with Amuro because he got roped into a war and he had no real alternatives. Pretty much every hardship Kamille is experiencing so far he's been the cause of.

Spoilers for the next Dragonball Super Arc:
http://www.db-z.com/nouvel-arc-dragon-ball-super-fevrier-2017/

ANDROID 17 IS BACK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also Gohan but who cares about him ANDROID 17 EEEEEEEEEEEE

You left out the most important part; Tien da gawd!

Kamille's actually a good character though. There's actually some good stuff with him and I actually think Kamille's a product of his upbringing, which would make sense if you've seen his family yet.

Haha I just got the next Nielsen package and they legit sent me 5 bucks in the mail. This company is so weird.

Are you getting a Nielsen thing for TV or radio?

The radio ratings company that Nielsen bought, Arbitron, would do that do - put a few bucks in the diary envelope to get you to fill out the survey. I got a diary once, but because I work in radio, I immediately threw it away and pocketed the cash, as I couldn't fill it out.

So yes, the company is literally greasing your palm to fill out the survey.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only question I can think of at this point is "Are you sticking to your desire of "always having Gundam on the block" once Unicorn Re:0096 finishes & 1 a.m. becomes the Gundam slot?"

Otherwise, it's only stuff like "is there any updates on FLCL S2 coming soon" & "will Samurai Jack lead the block when it makes its premiere" or other stuff that's probably too obvious/generic.

& I guess "where did the idea of SARA's new form come from?"

Are you getting a Nielsen thing for TV or radio?

The radio ratings company that Nielsen bought, Arbitron, would do that do - put a few bucks in the diary envelope to get you to fill out the survey. I got a diary once, but because I work in radio, I immediately threw it away and pocketed the cash, as I couldn't fill it out.

So yes, the company is literally greasing your palm to fill out the survey.
Tv but i think im only getting the journal. Maybe. I read online that if you do get the journal they shell out 30 bones. Pretty cool imo. That's 30 bucks I didnt have before.

I've actually never seen Outlaw Star unedited.

The only time I've seen it is on Toonami.
I saw it on Toonami and after getting my first job I bought the DVD's. I need to do a rewatch but I know they cut out the hot springs episode where Gene picked up several caster shells that he used for the final battle. I don't remember how much editing they did...oh yeah Gene's black market friend is gay. I'm not sure if they edited his dialogue differently but yeah there's that. That's why Toonami most likely put Yu Yu Hakusho on late as fuck during the Chapter Black saga.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It got the "digital swimsuit" treatment with Melfina, profanity was removed, scenes involving violence were toned down, the homosexual character was toned down as well, and COMPLETELY REMOVING AN EPISODE THAT HAD A CRUCIAL PLOT POINT ABOUT GENE GETTING A WEAPON USED DURING THE FINAL BATTLE

Crocodile

1. I've never seen Outlaw Star.

2. Is RWBY bad? Are the action scenes at least good?

1) You should fix that, its a good, classic anime.

2) I like RWBY and it has some good action scenes. It's pretty much a girl-power shonen anime set in a school (mostly, it becomes less school focused as time goes on). It's not going to blow you away but I think its easy enough to find something to enjoy in it. I will say it gets "good" in the third season but there is stuff to like in seasons 1 & 2 as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funimation is releasing it next year I believe. Along with Scrapped Princess and Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. In other words, a fucking awesome year if you're me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall only seeing about two or three episodes of RWBY & it was fine, though the 3D animation was kind of off-putting at times when it was trying to be all anime with the facial expressions & such.

Funimation is releasing it next year I believe. Along with Scrapped Princess and Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. In other words, a fucking awesome year if you're me.
Aaah, okay. I just saw they put Nichijou up for pre-order finally. Hoping it'll be on Amazon for a cheaper price, because $52 is a little too much for me, especially if there's no dub. Though I'm sure it's because it's a Blu-Ray & DVD combo pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom