• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Reposting for a new page.

tumblr_mkaj7opWH01rbxwjuo1_500.gif

Episode 35 "Ninja Megazords"
In this episode, Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Moaradin discuss DB Super coming to the block, Shenron's powers, anvil attacks, IBO's season one finale, Nen battles, exposition done wrong, and Nightmare Luffy.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:19 News
0:07:56 DBZ
0:19:00 Jojo
0:26:22 IBO
0:34:43 HxH
0:37:54 Shippuden
0:46:01 One Piece
0:48:55 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Anyone listened?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh damn

.........too bad it's being shown on the damn DBZ Kai marathon

But I will gladly watch that music video again just for the fresh reactions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of the awards, I decided to look back & see how the year started, to see what can qualify this year:

12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 51 - Goku's Furious Roar! A Last-Minute Resurrection Wish!
12:30 - Akame ga Kill! - 17 - Kill the Curse
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 10 - What Mad Universe
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 1 - Tempestuous Temperaments
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 93 - Connecting Hearts
2:30 - One Piece - 327 - Sunny in a Pinch! Roar, Secret Superspeed Mecha!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 10 - I Want to Know More About You (rerun)

From Jan. 3rd. I had completely forgot Parasyte & AgK were both this year as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Black Lagoon manga is gonna resume in Spring.

The future looks slightly less awful.
I know I've said this a few times on here, but one of these days, I'll get volumes 1, 2, & 10 so I can finally get around to reading the manga since I have 3 through 9 due to being so cheap at a local hobby shop the next town over.

also guys, i don't think shelter should be on toonami, it features an american dude helping making it even though it's a japanese animation studio, so it's not anime & doesn't belong

Reposting for a new page.

Episode 35 "Ninja Megazords"
In this episode, Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Moaradin discuss DB Super coming to the block, Shenron's powers, anvil attacks, IBO's season one finale, Nen battles, exposition done wrong, and Nightmare Luffy.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp3
Video:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode035.mp4

Timecodes:
0:00:19 News
0:07:56 DBZ
0:19:00 Jojo
0:26:22 IBO
0:34:43 HxH
0:37:54 Shippuden
0:46:01 One Piece
0:48:55 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Anyone listened?
New page. lol Get on my level, sub 100 PPP pleb.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
greeeeexxxxxxxxxxxx

let me be on the next podcast, we need to fanboy over jojo part 4 and how it needs to hurry up and be dubbed and put on toonami

.....also i guess i could talk about part 1 as a whole, part 2 hype & how its gives a better first impression, voice my dbz opinions, & stuff...

but if you've already got someone else/other plans, that's alright.

Something I just threw together. Those are some legit stuff I've heard used to criticize the music video in the past though lol.
There needs to be a /r/anime version, especially at the mods' hypocrisy.

Regiruler

I really want to be on the next episode because I've never had a chance to be on for part 1. I just want to gush over it so much, there's so much to say. Easily the show of the year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really want to be on the next episode because I've never had a chance to be on for part 1. I just want to gush over it so much, there's so much to say. Easily the show of the year.
I can't wait to hear overall Part 1 opinions alongside Part 2 impressions from everyone, especially on the podcast & those who were first time viewers

This week is one of the rare times where I just felt I could actually feel as though I'd have enough to contribute to the conversations, especially with the two episodes of Jojo that go great together in terms of discussing the differences between the two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just finished reading Part 2 of the manga last weekend. It's actually pretty cool how quickly Araki improved with the pacing and combat.
Yup, it's partly why most fans say to check out Part 2 if Part 1 isn't doing anything for you. But I'll wait until the intro episode of Part 2 to go into more detail, especially since I believe seeing the episode yourself will do most of the explaining.

So I'm about to finish of Zeta Gundam soon. This Rosamina stuff got heavy. Like damn.

It's also almost fitting the literally second that Kamille matures into a more responsible person, Katz decides to become the most unlikable prick.

Chase17

I really liked the first episode of part 1 but it hasn't really been doing much for me since. I do understand why this is viewed favorably by many though, has great style/energy.

Am excited to get into part 2 though due to reccomandations to stick with it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Cartoon Network getting that hour is only a Summer thing.
Wanna say it's when school is out & kids have more free time, meaning they'll watch TV later in the night.

So I REALLY doubt this, but what if the DB Super at 8 p.m. is the Bang Zoom dub, making it more appropriate for kids, but then the 11:30 version is the Funimation dub uncut & such? I don't think that's the case considering Kai was the exact same, but just a random thought.

Wanna say it's when school is out & kids have more free time, meaning they'll watch TV later in the night.

So I REALLY doubt this, but what if the DB Super at 8 p.m. is the Bang Zoom dub, making it more appropriate for kids, but then the 11:30 version is the Funimation dub uncut & such? I don't think that's the case considering Kai was the exact same, but just a random thought.

From what I've heard, Bang Zoom dub is only for English-speaking countries outside of North America.

So I'm about to finish of Zeta Gundam soon. This Rosamina stuff got heavy. Like damn.

It's also almost fitting the literally second that Kamille matures into a more responsible person, Katz decides to become the most unlikable prick.
Have fun with the last I think ten eps. Rosamia is bae, she's just got a great character design for a throw away character. You see Fa in her red cowgirl outfit yet?
Wow, Katz crashed into an asteroid.

Way to go out like a chump.
Lol yup. Fucking chump indeed. Blue ballsing over Sara in both life and death now.

I guess that would make sense since Funimation licenses for the US only.

............have fun with bang zoom, Canada.

I hope it goes to Canada, people are stressing over how they are going to preserve the dub and Canada would be perfect, allot of encoders would be able to get it easily.

Have fun with the last I think ten eps. Rosamia is bae, she's just got a great character design for a throw away character. You see Fa in her red cowgirl outfit yet?

Yep. The Staff made some really cute designs for all the female characters lol.

I just finished up on Zeta. If I give the OG Mobile Suit Gundam a 6, Zeta is definitely more of an 8. Much as I made fun of him as I watched it, I liked the character progression made with Kamille. The pacing for Zeta was way better than the first series and unlike it, I felt like there was more room given for how events and character deaths affected Kamille.

The ending
with Kamille getting his brain fried
was a fucking gut punch.

Some final thoughts:
  • Kamille totally does sound like a girls name.
  • Kamille's "Violence is no answer" was the most unintentional funny moment in the show.
  • Katz
    getting blindsided by that asteroid
    was way too cathartic.
  • Bright
    firing the colony laser
    was the hypest shit.
  • Emma was indeed the best girl. She can slap me anytime.

Yep. The Staff made some really cute designs for all the female characters lol.

I just finished up on Zeta. If I give the OG Mobile Suit Gundam a 6, Zeta is definitely more of an 8. Much as I made fun of him as I watched it, I liked the character progression made with Kamille. The pacing for Zeta was way better than the first series and unlike it, I felt like there was more room given for how events and character deaths affected Kamille.

The ending
with Kamille getting his brain fried
was a fucking gut punch.

Some final thoughts:
  • Kamille totally does sound like a girls name.
  • Kamille's "Violence is no answer" was the most unintentional funny moment in the show.
  • Katz
    getting blindsided by that asteroid
    was way too cathartic.
  • Bright
    firing the colony laser
    was the hypest shit.
  • Emma was indeed the best girl. She can slap me anytime.
Emma is a far greater woman than god damn Reccoa. Emma's great though, Kamille's big sis, that slapped the taste out of his mouth when he fucked up. Dude legit had it
when she died.
What'd you think of Pimptimus?

Emma is a far greater woman than god damn Reccoa. Emma's great though, Kamille's big sis, that slapped the taste out of his mouth when he fucked up. Dude legit had it
when she died.
What'd you think of Pimptimus?

Pretty much
save for Fa, every female that got close to Kamille got killed off. I felt bad for the kid, especially since those last couple of episodes pretty much speed rushed killing off Four, Rosamia, Reccoa, and Emma in such quick succession.

Moaradin

I hope Blood Blockade Battlefront Season 2 is good. I loved the first season but so much of it was the directing, and the director isn't returning for S2.

Pretty much
save for Fa, every female that got close to Kamille got killed off. I felt bad for the kid, especially since those last couple of episodes pretty much speed rushed killing off Four, Rosamia, Reccoa, and Emma in such quick succession.
Yeah that whole last rush of episodes is rough. It pretty much hurts the viewer as much as it hurts Kamille.

I hope Blood Blockade Battlefront Season 2 is good. I loved the first season but so much of it was the directing, and the director isn't returning for S2.

I mean the first season also basically took the manga framework and did its own original story for the most part so perhaps s2 will stick to the manga story?

Moaradin

Isn't the manga for BBB insanely episodic? The anime only additions in season 1 gave it more of a narrative through line. I thought it was great considering most of it was anime only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom