• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
8OjssEL.gif

So following up on all the Melodrama from Zeta Gundam, ZZ is now filled to the brim with a bunch of wacky teenage hijinks.

Like, i know Bright was short on men, but recruiting a bunch of random kids from a colony was a dumb dumb idea.

To be fair, it seems like the Boruto anime, like Super, is the planned main version of Boruto with the manga being advertisement/novelty.

That doesn't make any sense, if they wanted to go the Super route why not the anime before the manga then? I thought that the manga was going to be the main source until this happened to show up.

I wonder then if the Boruto manga is going to suffer the same fate as the Super manga and have large chunks taken out of its arcs because it can't keep up with the anime?

That doesn't make any sense, if they wanted to go the Super route why not the anime before the manga then? I thought that the manga was going to be the main source until this happened to show up.

I wonder then if the Boruto manga is going to suffer the same fate as the Super manga and have large chunks taken out of its arcs because it can't keep up with the anime?

I imagine the only reason it's taken so long for this Boruto anime to happen is studio pierrot and their milking of the shippuden series where as the manga was ready to go much sooner.

Moaradin

I expected Shippuden go to on much longer to be honest. They just adapted the ending a couple months ago, and now we're getting (pretty good) post series filler. I was expecting to get filler for another year at least lol.

I mean who knows the behind the scenes of how this played out

Did Pierrot get pressured into starting boruto?
Did Pierror want to jump into boruto sooner but got told to wait?
Was kishimoto the reason this took so long to get going with indecisiveness over the plot?

Its hard to guess why this took so long to happen

Raxus

So I was looking for some images of the last YGO protagonist, and man, some of yall need to find Jesus or something

Tangent off of this. While never directly quoted. JoJo may have had an influence on Yugioh.

The creator, Kazuki Takahashi, even went on record about his favorite manga in Jump which included Akira, Dragon Ball, Hellboy and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Happy 30 year anniversary JoJo!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speakin' of Jojo, it's now sold 100 million copies. One of only 14 manga to reach that number & only one of 7 from Shonen Jump.

Let that sink in, only 5 other Jump franchises have reached 100 million. Obviously, it's stuff like Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, etc.

Edit: SJ manga that've sold more than 100 million: One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo (that police comedy manga), Slam Dunk, Fist of the North Star, & now Jojo.

Chase17

Guess I will have to cut Toonami short today, hoping to make it through Jojo. On my bus ride home from college someone took my bag on the first stop leaving me with their at the last. And of course they are all the way down in Connecticut. So I'll have to get up early to make the drive there :(

I think it's time I invest in a more eccentric bag over the standard black duffle bag I use now. Or at least a name tag or something.

Guess I will have to cut Toonami short today, hoping to make it through Jojo. On my bus ride home from college someone took my bag on the first stop leaving me with their at the last. And of course they are all the way down in Connecticut. So I'll have to get up early to make the drive there :(

I think it's time I invest in a more eccentric bag over the standard black duffle bag I use now. Or at least a name tag or something.

CT is a small state thankfull where are you driving from?

Chase17

CT is a small state thankfull where are you driving from?

New Hampshire. They offered to meet halfway but they wouldn't have been able to do that until later next week so I'm just going to make the full trip myself. Will be about four hours each way.
unfortunate since the bus only had a couple of stops in Mass. So while I went north they went south.

That sucks man.

Hope the trip is pleasant at least. Maybe get some good food on the way.

Mizerman

Speakin' of Jojo, it's now sold 100 million copies. One of only 14 manga to reach that number & only one of 7 from Shonen Jump.

Let that sink in, only 5 other Jump franchises have reached 100 million. Obviously, it's stuff like Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, etc.

Edit: SJ manga that've sold more than 100 million: One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo (that police comedy manga), Slam Dunk, Fist of the North Star, & now Jojo.

Hitting the big times.

Regiruler

One of these things is not like the others...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tonight, right after the Part 1 finale. Instead of IBO, we get another Jojo.

*looks at tomorrow's weather* High of 2 degrees.

Well, I don't have anywhere to go.
Tomorrow is a low of -3*. It's not fun having to spend over an hour shoveling when it's in the single digits. Also need to get around to buying a curtain rod & getting a heavy blanket or blackout curtain since it seems my apartment doesn't stay warm due to the draft coming from downstairs where the door is.

I feel like Part 2 for Jojo should have started in 2017 and instead just have an hour of HxH. Makes more sense to end Jojo with the end of part 1 imo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was so cold last night, I had to scrape the INSIDE part of my windows because the frost had gotten inside the car. At the very least, traveling to work isn't so bad now that I live on the outskirts of town compared to in the country.

Also, you guys ready to hear Death Gun from SAO S2 return for Jojo?!
& one of those numbah kids from that cn show

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It was so cold last night, I had to scrape the INSIDE part of my windows because the frost had gotten inside the car. At the very least, traveling to work isn't so bad now that I live on the outskirts of town compared to in the country.

I thought we've been watching Death Gun in Jojo?
Oh the other guy that nobody remembers.

Mizerman

I'm ready!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, get ready to hear Ben Disken, aka Takarada from KlK, Sai from Shippuden, & the one most people will compare it to once they hear it, Numbuhs 1 & 2 from Codename Kids Next Door later tonight.

.....& Sylvester from Kindergarten Cop, how random.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So yeah, get ready to hear Ben Disken, aka Takarada from KlK, Sai from Shippuden, & the one most people will compare it to once they hear it, Numbuhs 1 & 2 from Codename Kids Next Door later tonight.

He's also Young Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts
Venom in Spectacular Spider-Man
Eugene in Hey Arnold
Oh neat, he's Char Aznable in MSG: The Origin

Basically, Diskin has a very wide range and long varied career

So following up on all the Melodrama from Zeta Gundam, ZZ is now filled to the brim with a bunch of wacky teenage hijinks.

Like, i know Bright was short on men, but recruiting a bunch of random kids from a colony was a dumb dumb idea.
Bright gives zero fucks during ZZ, dude just wants to eat cheeseburgers and chill. I hate half the ZZ crew though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's also Young Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts
Venom in Spectacular Spider-Man
Eugene in Hey Arnold
Oh neat, he's Char Aznable in MSG: The Origin

Basically, Diskin has a very wide range and long varied career
& in Bleach, he was........."Szayel Aporro Granz"

Hahahahaahaha what the hell, that looks like Tito Kube just smashed his hand on the keyboard & whatever appeared on the screen was the name.

But yeah, dude has some serious range & has been quite a bit of stuff. I bring it up because I think most of the worry of the Jojo dub not turning out good was more for Part 2 compared to Part 1, though considering I think Part 1 turned out rather well & plays up to the haminess to the series, I'm not as worried now. & I feel as though his voice will match the character better in comparison to JYB, who wasn't bad by any means, but just someone I wouldn't associate with Jonathan's body structure.

& in Bleach, he was........."Szayel Aporro Granz"

Hahahahaahaha what the hell, that looks like Tito Kube just smashed his hand on the keyboard & whatever appeared on the screen was the name.

But yeah, dude has some serious range & has been quite a bit of stuff. I bring it up because I think most of the worry of the Jojo dub not turning out good was more for Part 2 compared to Part 1, though considering I think Part 1 turned out rather well & plays up to the haminess to the series, I'm not as worried now. & I feel as though his voice will match the character better in comparison to JYB, who wasn't bad by any means, but just someone I wouldn't associate with Jonathan's body structure.
Just warning you now the dub really shit the bed with one of the part 2 characters though. He really loses his charm because he isn't as over acted to reach peak hamminess compared to the Japanese version.

Judau didn't get his ass beat by Mr. Wong like Kamille did. Point in his favor.

Bright gives zero fucks during ZZ, dude just wants to eat cheeseburgers and chill. I hate half the ZZ crew though.

Beecher and Mondo's "lawl, let's backstab everyone over to Zeon" got old really fast. The fact that there was no payoff to it all and they get slaps on the wrists for their buffoonery only makes it worse.

Mizerman

Okay, I never knew that.

Judau never learns though, I thought there were several moments where the dude needed to be smacked but I think the only one that does it was Fa if I'm not mistaken. I don't hate Judau, but I honestly thought Kamille cared about people more.
Fucking obligatory:
Gundam ZZ: Judau punches Wong Lee (Animax english dub)

I'm about half-way into ZZ now and I think the lack of personal stakes is really to the shows detriment. I know apparently it's suppose to get more serious as it goes along, but so far the series has nowhere near the weight that Zeta or even the Original Series did.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just warning you now the dub really shit the bed with one of the part 2 characters though. He really loses his charm because he isn't as over acted to reach peak hamminess compared to the Japanese version.
If it's who I'm thinking of, yeah, I saw a clip & was not very pleased, easily the worst VA in the series so far. But we've got a while before we'll see said character.

I'm about half-way into ZZ now and I think the lack of personal stakes is really to the shows detriment. I know apparently it's suppose to get more serious as it goes along, but so far the series has nowhere near the weight that Zeta or even the Original Series did.
It gets more serious towards the middle period. If you can get to and survive the bullshit Moon Moon thing you'll be fine. Later on it gets way more personal for Judau, I just think Kamille took everything way more serious than Judau and that the lives of others meant more to him.
Which character are we talking about?
Bit of a spoiler to answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom