• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hollow Realization, just based on the trailer, looks alright. It's just I probably couldn't get past the whole SAO skin they put on it. Though that UI looks rather clustered.

Also, my best friend wants to own the LE for that game. He likes the series, but understands the shortcomings & why I dislike it, but more in a "laugh at the stupidity instead of hating it" way.

Raxus

Today is the day.

JoJo sound effect openings have me like

ba095dd3141694343750843192_700wa_0.gif

Moaradin

Ride never ends. Naruto ummm, sequel anime just announced at Jump Festa. You thought you were free.

The Boruto movie was great so I'm fine with this. I surprisingly like all the new characters. I'm sure it's gonna be riddled with filler and the story will get dumb later on, but fuck it. I'm in.

The manga so far is just doing a worse adaption of the movie and it's monthly, so I wonder if this will be another Dragon Ball Super situation where the manga is pretty much just an advertisement for the anime.

cntr

Banned
I need to watch BBB. I have the soundtrack, and it's amazing

and I really like the title "Blood Blockade Battlefront"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So excited for Boruto to come to Toonami in 2022 and keep another slot locked up forever.

Shippuden won't end on Toonami until 2024 likely at the earliest. There's at least 350+ episodes to cover as of right now, plus another dozen or so to get it to Boruto's April debut, so that's about 360 episodes. 47 episodes will have aired on Toonami in 2016 after tonight, so that's about 7.65 years, beginning from January 2017.

This is, of course, assuming no major changes to the block and the show runs to completion.

NOTE: Reaching 2024 would mean that new Adult Swim Toonami will have lasted longer than the original Cartoon Network Toonami did. 2012-2024 (12 years) vs. 1997-2008 (11 years).

Moaradin

I wouldn't be surprised if Shippuden just gets replaced by Boruto in a few years. Toonami don't give a fuck. Boruto will be the current popular thing and Viz might want to air it regardless if we finish Shippuden or not.

If Toonami would ever get over the "there's no such thing as filler, even though we didn't air Clone Wars filler" thing, they could speed up Shippuden significantly by cutting filler arcs.

Regiruler

Ride never ends. Naruto ummm, sequel anime just announced at Jump Festa. You thought you were free.
$5 says they'll still hang on to shippuden somehow.

Speaking of jump festa and unnecessary sequels, this is the promo image they have for the new yugioh

The psychedelic style here reminds me of something. I want to say mob psycho but that's probably not entirely accurate.

Trailer for that Boruto thing.

Good lord I wasn't thinking they wouldn't do this for another year or so.

Whats funny is no footage was shown, its all the previous 2 series's and the Boruto movie.

Whats more funny is that the manga (which is monthly not weekly like Naruto was) is STILL adapting the movie and hasn't gone to original material yet.

So tell me, what the hell kind of material is this Boruto anime gonna have in 4 months when the manga isn't even done adapting the movie?!

Guess were gonna be doing a DB Super and adapting the movie in anime series format.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of jump festa and unnecessary sequels, this is the promo image they have for the new yugioh

The psychedelic style here reminds me of something. I want to say mob psycho but that's probably not entirely accurate.

latest

Fucking WHAT?! what in the god damned hell is this, card games on fucking hoverboards now?!?!

I really hate what Yugioh has turned into now and here I was thinking it can't get worse then Zexal.

Regiruler

Whats funny is no footage was shown, its all the previous 2 series's and the Boruto movie.

Whats more funny is that the manga (which is monthly not weekly like Naruto was) is STILL adapting the movie and hasn't gone to original material yet.

So tell me, what the hell kind of material is this Boruto anime gonna have in 4 months when the manga isn't even done adapting the movie?!

Guess were gonna be doing a DB Super and adapting the movie in anime series format.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

latest

Fucking WHAT?! what in the god damned hell is this, card games on fucking hoverboards now?!?!

I really hate what Yugioh has turned into now and here I was thinking it can't get worse then Zexal.

I think it looks good; changing art style for the duels from the very standard anime flavor they use would help keep it fresh.

And it's not like going from "solid mass" and motorcycles to hoverboards is really all that big of a leap.

Mizerman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

latest

Let's be fair, Yuigoh escalated after the first series and never turned back.

cntr

Banned
the series started with Yugi being the reincarnation of an amoral pharaoh who regularly possessed him in order to play games

I think it looks good; changing art style for the duels from the very standard anime flavor they use would help keep it fresh.

And it's not like going from "solid mass" and motorcycles to hoverboards is really all that big of a leap.

Sorry man but nothing you say is going to rationalize this for me, this is insane out and out.

I havent watched since Zexal and I barely tuned into that. I heard Arc-5 was mostly timey wimey multiverse stuff with some returns of 5Ds and GX characters and no real gimmicks so I might look into that. might...

also from the NeoGAF thread, the main character:
news_header_yugioh.jpg

His hair looks like an AR-wing. thats how you can tell its a yugioh protagonist.

Regiruler

You kids and your damn card games skateboards Back in my day we had starchips.
I like how I can get away with this joke because I turned 23 today

Because that makes you old or because that makes you out of touch?

And it would have to be funny for you to have gotten away with it in the first place.

Except for maybe seda.

Ouch, poor Seda.

You kids and your damn card games skateboards Back in my day we had starchips.
I like how I can get away with this joke because I turned 23 today

I'm 28 and I have been watching this franchise since it was appearing on KidsWB way back when, get on my level scrub.

Look I get that this series has been deep rooted in the insane from its inception but god help me Yugioh! though 5Ds made somewhat sense. everything after just took leaps and bounds with its insane, to the point where it became mocked badly for its insanity.

Maybe I'm saying just tone it the fuck back to normal insane levels instead of going full bonkers with its concepts. I miss the no gimmicks flair Yugioh and GX had, and at least I have that anniversary movie to look forward to.

Btw, how many years after Arc-5 is this? I know every new series since GX has taken at least 100 year timeskip.

bigkrev

I am really not a fan of the new YGO character design, and I am maybe the worlds biggest fan of Yuya Sakaki from Arc-V from both a looks (I love the christmas hair, the Digimon-style goggles, the cape, ect) and from a personallity perspective (he's like if Dolph Ziggler didn't suck and was also a magician?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom