• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voltron improves as it goes along, which is always nice. The first couple episodes are honestly rough. (Got that terrible humor from the writer of Korra.) Overall I would say I enjoyed it, but I could understand why people dislike it.

Season 2 needs to improve. The characters need to be more fleshed out, and I hope the animation is better.

The only Voltron I've seen is the Nicktoons version. I thought it was ok my first time watching it but then watching it a 2nd time I started to notice how terrible it was.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
>western animation
>Voltron

......uuuhhhhhh.......that was an anime....called Beast King GoLion, & the 2nd season used a series called Armored Fleet Dairugger XV & would edit footage from that to make it become Voltron. Sort of like what they did to make Robotech.

Crocodile

IGPX isn't even "bad", it was just really.............okay. It certainly didn't help late at night, that was a show that would help you drift to sleep, even during the races. I don't recall it ever invoking anger, it was just very middle of the road with low energy outside of the races.

The cardinal sin of IGPX wasn't that it was offensive or poorly produced or anything. It was that it was a show about hyper-speed racing featuring giant robots that was BORING for significant portions of its run. That should not have been possible given the subject matter but they found a way. The show too so long to even try to get within the realm of engrossing that it lost viewership and underpreformed.

I have internet in my new apartment! Hooray!

Oh you were able to pull yourself from the TV/internet long enough to actually move :p

I was only planning on tuning back in once they had actual western animation back on but I'll try it out tonight.

Why does the source of the animation matter more than the quality?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
>western animation
>Voltron

......uuuhhhhhh.......that was an anime....called Beast King GoLion, & the 2nd season used a series called Armored Fleet Dairugger XV & would edit footage from that to make it become Voltron. Sort of like what they did to make Robotech.

The reboot is Western Animation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The cardinal sin of IGPX wasn't that it was offensive or poorly produced or anything. It was that it was a show about hyper-speed racing featuring giant robots that was BORING for significant portions of its run. That should not have been possible given the subject matter but they found a way. The show too so long to even try to get within the realm of engrossing that it lost viewership and underpreformed.
I absolutely agree. The only thing that really stood out to me after all these years was that weird shift in adding swears in the 2nd season, especially that one episode where they just throw stuff like bitch at random. At least Blue Exorcist, which I also felt was kind of boring, had its moments, like the comedy being actually funny & the bonkers ending. I remember being so excited when I was a kid because it sounded like a cool concept, but it felt so lackluster, & it certainly hasn't aged well.

so...we still in 30
or
toonami schedule pls
Midnight, so 30 minutes.

Power just went out. Amazing.

The two episodes of One Punch Man I wanted to see the most on Toonami are the only ones I get shit luck on. I was in Canada for the Mumen Rider episode and now this shit for the finale. Fuck life.

Have to type this shit on my phone now.

So I got Splatoon with the Eshop birthday discount and I gotta say, It's pretty damn fun. Anyone at ToonamiGAF want to play sometime this week?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Not actual game footage"

So like, have movies ever used footage that's not from the film & have to be all "not actual movie footage"?

Mizerman

Ice Tea and Lemonade are pretty good together.

icet_geico.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also this week, I don't need to fear the neighbor knocking again since I figured out they live diagonally below me, meaning I only got assumed I was making the noise since I had a light on. Not to mention she knocked about 10 minutes after Toonami ended instead of....ya know, during when my TV was actually on & wouldn't be loud enough to be heard by her.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Including tonight, there's only 10 episodes of DBZ Kai remaining.
Unless they begin airing Buu Saga

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Including tonight, there's only 10 episodes of DBZ Kai remaining.
Unless they begin airing Buu Saga
Are you kidding me? It's gonna take about 10 episodes to finish this fight against Cell?!?!

Man, I cannot WAIT for DBZ to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom