• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~!!

sSLK4Eq.gif
Wow, Kuroko's Basketball is nothing like how Shonen Jump was promoting it.

Also, fantastic, stuck with a broken copy of Paper Mario: Color Splash unless I drive over an hour to a Best Buy to exchange it because "oh sorry can't mail it back".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look at all these gifs. What a beautiful world.

DBZ KAI tomorrow is probably the best fight episode of the series.

Moaradin

*sees Naruto is apparently going back to filler*

The ride never ends.

If they adapt the last chapter in the next episode and do filler afterwards then who cares.

The main thing everyone is worried about is they might delay the last chapter to who knows when and put a ton of filler in front of it. It's almost hard to believe they would be that dumb, especially since the last few episodes have been some of the best in the series and it could really end on a high note, but I can't put it past studio pierrot.

If they adapt the last chapter in the next episode and do filler afterwards then who cares.

The main thing everyone is worried about is they might delay the last chapter to who knows when and put a ton of filler in front of it. It's almost hard to believe they would be that dumb, especially since the last few episodes have been some of the best in the series and it could really end on a high note, but I can't put it past studio pierrot.

Shit tons of filler of Naruto's adventures to help recover the land of fire after the war, this stalls for time so the Boruto manga can get a few arcs in.

Finally end Shippuden with the final chapter, start Boruto anime

That's likely the plan

Moaradin

They shouldn't delay the final chapter with post war stuff. Finish the manga then go back to that. All the upcoming filler isn't even that though. It's random part 1 stuff from what we can tell.

They shouldn't delay the final chapter with post war stuff. Finish the manga then go back to that. All the upcoming filler isn't even that though. It's random part 1 stuff from what we can tell.

You act like delaying the final chapter is so egregious or unexpected when they've interrupted the final battle/s multiple times with irrelevant filler. This is the same shit they've done for years and people keep watching.

Moaradin

Which is why I'm not the least bit surprised. Though it's especially dumb now considering how much good they've been doing during the final stretch. Why fuck it up at the finish line?

I've seen a studio cling more to a Jump IP than Pierrot does to Naruto.
Most likely they'll just adapt the novels and add filler for another year or two until the Boruto manga has enough material to adapt.

will it eventually spiral into complete nonsense that reveals he had no fucking idea what he was doing in the first place?

I hope not, but there's probably a very good chance it might happen.

CuN_M6tXEAANIAl.jpg:large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRUJaF1zKXM

WELL it's finally finished. This is how our final show ranking turned out. The video component of this whole thing ended up taking longer than I thought it would since I've had a lot of stuff to do lately, but I managed to get it out there in what is more or less a complete form.

I can't say this is what my personal ranking would've looked like, but I think it is uniquely odd and uniquely ours in a way that turned out pretty well considering it had the ridiculous task of representing five very different viewpoints.

We may add to this in the future, but we've only got the endings of Gundam, One Punch Man, and DBZ in sight for the foreseeable future, with whatever the heck is going on with FLCL and Samurai Jack's continuation sometime beyond that, so it might be a while. Also not sure whether we should divide JoJo by its seasons or not, but those are thoughts for another time I guess.

Seda

Generally speaking, that ranking makes sense to me. As for largest discrepancies from my personal thoughts, I'd probably put M&H up, TTGL down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me is glad to see Dimension W so low, but on the other hand, I might switch it with Akame ga Kill because that was so amusingly bad at times & justice girl was hilarious while DW had less redeeming qualities aside from being shorter.

I've only seen all or most of 4 shows on the list. Watched very little of Toonami past around 2003 until early last year. Usually if I don't enjoy a show I give up on it right away. Two shows on that list I stuck around longer than I normally do but didn't finish were Michiko and Hatchin and Dimension W. Michiko and Hatchin I stuck around with for about 16 episodes. Got tired of them acting like there was character growth at the end of an episode but then they reverted back to their usual selves at the start of the next one. Dimension W I quit around 8 episodes in but I can't remember why, which says a lot about it.

is inyuasha that good or is everything else awful

I think a lot of the reason InuYasha is up there is because everything below it has PROBLEMS that are significant enough to make InuYasha's laid-back, low-investment vibe preferable. Like, the only one I'd put above InuYasha is Eureka Seven, and that's more out of recognizing that it's outright a "better" show rather than me enjoying watching it more. Clone Wars maybe but it has a lot of bad episodes rather than a more even quality.

The only really big changes I'd make are to move Casshern up, get Soul Eater into the top 10, and bump Gurren Lagann down a few spots. Maybe put GITS over Black Lagoon.

bigkrev

I'm seriously considering watching Keijo. It looks so dumb. But the good kind.

I enjoyed the 10 chapters or so of the manga I read (fun fact: the translation was done by Gaffers!). As someone who had to stop reading Prison School because the sexual stuff was too much, this was just dumb and fun.

Jarate

Banned
Parasyte over Kill la Kill, M&H, Star Wars the Cline Wars and Hellsing Ultimate is a crime worthy of punishment. Parasyte is way too high

The Big O is also way too high

Akame Ga Kill and Dimension W are way too low. Dimension W wasn't the best, but at least had a coherent universe and some decent story. This puts it above so many shows that have aired. And I'd take Akame Ga Kill over the SAO series any day of the week

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Attack on Titan is better than Parasyte.

It might be better than Kill la Kill, honestly.

I've seen a studio cling more to a Jump IP than Pierrot does to Naruto.
Most likely they'll just adapt the novels and add filler for another year or two until the Boruto manga has enough material to adapt.

With how Bleach anime ended up tanking in the end, I can't say I'm surprise that Studio Pierrot would resort to milking Naruto until it's dry.

Soulflarz

Banned
I am curious where One Punch Man and JoJo will fall in the rankings.

tbh, I like jojo a lot, but I understand that for the most part it's largely overrated- part 1 is fine but is nothing of GOAT material, part 2 is indeed amazing, but part 3 is stupidly long for what you get. Haven't finished part 4 yet, obviously.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I enjoyed the 10 chapters or so of the manga I read (fun fact: the translation was done by Gaffers!). As someone who had to stop reading Prison School because the sexual stuff was too much, this was just dumb and fun.
As someone who's kept up with the chapters (STOP JUDGING ME), I think part of it that makes it fun is because it's silly, but also very straight faced with how it delivers its silly moments. Like I said, there's a damn attack called "vacuum ass cannon", but it's treated with complete seriousness to the point the mentor is all "what the hell, you need to be careful, you could possibly ruin your hip doing that" giving it some kind of weird weight to it. It's just so amusing seeing everyone in this manga, what is basically "butt battles from DoA Xtreme 2/3: the series", be so serious most of the time, almost like a shonen sports manga. Hell, I can't recall a single perv in the series who was watching the "battles" for enjoyment, all the guys see it as a betting sport & consider multiple factors before betting on which girl they think they win.

It's the best way I can explain it, & I can completely understand why it wouldn't appeal to something, but at the same time, this could've been soooo much worse/smutty than it could've been.

Akame Ga Kill and Dimension W are way too low. Dimension W wasn't the best, but at least had a coherent universe and some decent story. This puts it above so many shows that have aired. And I'd take Akame Ga Kill over the SAO series any day of the week
AgK might possibly be higher just because it has some "so bad it's hilarious" moments (like with SAO), & justice girl stole just about every scene she was in, especially her battles. DW, that just became a downhill wreck as soon as we started that weird lake stuff & furthermore with Easter Island to the point it became so frustrating seeing where the series went after the goodwill it was setting up with the first three episodes. It was actually frustrating watching those final episodes because I WANTED to at least think the series was alright, because it had some interesting ideas as a dude who likes sci-fi stuff, but just ruins all of it with having 2/3rds of the series be bad.

DW is one of those series where each time I think about it (when I actually remember it exists), I remember something new that just makes me even more frustrated it didn't turn out good, because I wanted to like its premise & world.

Edit: Let me put it this way: AkG & SAO, we knew going in it wasn't going to be good, & we were correct. We (or at least, I) had expectations for DW, especially after the first three episodes, but they were completely destroyed in the wrong way, leading to a stronger dislike for the series, but I know that's just me.

Wait why is SAO2 higher than SAO-

Oh right, the 6 or so episodes of Mother's Rosario made up for the other 17.

Everything else seems fine I guess? I haven't seen most of these shows. And apparently I've been confusing GXP with IGPX this whole time.

Like I assumed the "worst anime on the block" was IGPX and I had no idea GXP was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom