• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
"Why are these white people Asian..." Maybe if we're lucky at some point somebody tries to do a live action HxH only for them to dumb down Nen cause fuck wasting 90 minutes trying to explain the basics of that system.

Not too mention Gon and Killua would be played by super good looking guys in their 20's and they would turn Kurapika into a chick to appeal to a broader demographic.

Not too mention Gon and Killua would be played by super good looking guys in their 20's and they would turn Kurapika into a chick to appeal to a broader demographic.
I actually wouldn't mind Kurapika being a woman, compared to him being voiced by one. Would actually turn the gender dynamics on their ear a bit. Older Gon and Killua would be great as well cause we already know they'd be hot dudes in their 20's. Would bring us closer to them making a Berserk movie where they cast a super attractive female as Griffith. Cause where you going to find a man as beautiful as Griffith in real life?

BBboy20

Sara: "Tom, why does the Major look so.....different?"
Tom: "That's because it's the new live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, in theaters March 31st, & here's a sneak peek"
*insert trailer here*
Sara: "Wow, she may look different, but she still kicks ass"
Tom: "yeah, MAJOR ass"
*laugh track*
1126_zpsf9229eba.gif

Agreed. Cell shading holds up way better than photo realistic graphics do. There might be games that people say are better looking right now, but in 10 years it'd Wind Waker HD that's still going to look good as fuck.

Cell shading in HD is the future.
Why do we obsess with photo realism?

Rogue One. I think it smashes the hype but somehow, despite being a lot more inferior, I felt more personal investment in Episode 7. Rogue One, overall, makes so many right moves and yet...it never made me care beyond being highly entertained and giving me a lot of thoughts about it. Is nostalgia getting the better of me?

Regiruler

...executing tierra/qliphoth.exe...
The numbers for the rest of the class:

12AM: DBZ Kai: 1,405 (0.7)
12:30AM: JJBA: 1,095 (0.6)
1AM: JJBA: 937 (0.5)
1:30AM: HxH: 824 (0.4)
2AM: Shippuden: 761 (0.4)
2:30AM: One Piece: 700 (0.4)

Someone remind me: is jojo 2 better or worse than IBO did last week?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know, but being tied to JoJo has elevated it to meme status.

True true.
Reaching all the people that don't listen to the classic rock station.
Hopefully giving people appreciation of long songs and progressive rock. Leading into the Dream Theater gateway. 42 Minutes?!

Hmm, now I'm imagining a Jojo Stand called Dream Theater.

True true.
Reaching all the people that don't listen to the classic rock station.
Hopefully giving people appreciation of long songs and progressive rock. Leading into the Dream Theater gateway. 42 Minutes?!

Hmm, now I'm imagining a Jojo Stand called Dream Theater.
How does one watch Jojo without knowing anything about classic rock?

as someone who has generally understood shipping to be mostly bullshit, i am always confused about shipper meltdowns. like, most of this stuff is pretty much made up from thin air in the first place, so why does something being canon or not upset people? explicitly ignoring the way things are written already happens all the damn time

zulux21

as someone who has generally understood shipping to be mostly bullshit, i am always confused about shipper meltdowns. like, most of this stuff is pretty much made up from thin air in the first place, so why does something being canon or not upset people? explicitly ignoring the way things are written already happens all the damn time

gah... people need to stop talking about shipping..
stupid anime I watched today did... now you are...
and each time I have to watch this amv

anyways... the answer is simple... people are passionate about their beliefs.

it's really no different than battlefield vs COD
or green bay packers vs bears.

lots of people pick a side... and then argue about it with the other side :p
and when one side is sure they are going to win... and then they lose... they have a melt down :p

there are worse things for people to be passionate about :p

Speaking of ships, if you guys want to increase your sodium intake you should check out the Hibike Euphonium fandom. Next week is going to be a pretty hilarious meltdown to watch.

In random videogame thoughts, boy is Headlander not as inventive or clever as it could be.

Granted I'm only 3 hours in, and maybe it's a bit too harsh, but the game feels phoned in if you set aside the body jacking mechanic.

zulux21

USPS wins by default since they are the only ones who will (/can?) enter my apartment building

well they are also the cheapest option.

shipping a 2 pound package was like $8 through them in 3 days. UPS was going to be $9 for 3 days. and fedex was going to be like $11 :/

they also show up at around the same time every day.

UPS where I used to live was horrible and could show up between 8am and 6pm... but where I am at now they are pretty steady.

fedex... just kind of shows up whenever... @_@

Regiruler

So there's a band out there called cry venom, and coincidentally they take very direct inspiration from both our HxH ED artists (quite literally: the founder lists both FaL and Galneryus as influences in an interview, among a few others). The guitarist for Galneryus even has a guest appearance.

Not sure where to go from there, I just found it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom