• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Omph, they're talking bout the new Fate series over in anime-gaf.

Now as someone who has tried and failed to get into that series, most of that series is bad right? I'm not crazy?
Not...really, if I recall?

I mean, Fate/Zero is rather good once you get past the exposition heavy first episode that's double the length of a regular episode. The main series is fine, but I lost interest not long after watching the original series, I can't remember if I watched all of the newer one.

I have no idea of Fate/Grand Order or the other new ones.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't think of a series that started off as an eroge but dropped said erotic parts that's become so popular than F/SN. Hell, probably one of the only series where I forgot "oh god, that's right, the first game was an 18+ visual novel."

Though honestly, despite some stellar animation from Fate/Zero & the newer Stay Night, it's a series that I figured I might like, but could never get into.

Edit: Got the pre-flight up to test Chromecast, looks like it doesn't load the Adult Swim app, but I can still full-screen the stream & it looks pretty good. I'll keep it up for the first Kai episode (though I ain't paying attention) & Shelter to ensure it stays streaming.

Just saw the commercial where they show the new line-up, though they don't mention anything after 1 a.m., just Super, Kai, & Unicorn.

So what would be the best service to sign up for if I want to log into Adult Swim (& maybe FXX as well)? PS Vue seems like the best value being only $30/mo.

cntr

Banned
I can't think of a series that started off as an eroge but dropped said erotic parts that's become so popular than F/SN. Hell, probably one of the only series where I forgot "oh god, that's right, the first game was an 18+ visual novel."
From what I know, it was basically something forced on the author by the publisher, since he thought the story wouldn't sell without extra smut.

I know that F/SN originally had a female protagonist and the actual male King Arthur as Saber, but that was swapped around for the same reason by the publisher.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I know, it was basically something forced on the author by the publisher, since he thought the story wouldn't sell without extra smut.

I know that F/SN originally had a female protagonist and the actual male King Arthur as Saber, but that was swapped around for the same reason by the publisher.
Makes sense. Aside from one scene which they kept in the original series (no idea if it was kept in the newer one) where the main dude has to "restore" Saber's "mana", you really wouldn't get the sense it was an eroge in the first place.

So Unicorn, like the preview shows, has a lot more action than IBO.

If you're looking for just raw mecha action, it's pretty good.
This is pleasing & makes me hopeful I'll enjoy it more than IBO. I also hope they give me a reason to care about the characters & their motivations.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys have fun with the marathon. I'm feeling under the weather so probably an early night for me.

Have a happy new year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll be watchin a few tonight to celebrate the new year.

The marathons should have been swapped though.
Or at the very least, swapped Shelter & Scavenger. I'm only putting the DBZ marathon to see Shelter & maybe also catch the new promos they'll have, plus double check how well the stream will work via chromecast.

Jojo would've made for a more fun way to start the new year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Given tonight being what it is, I'm going to post next week's schedule now, as well as later on toward the end of Toonami.

Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 99 - Seven Years Later! Starting Today, Gohan Is a High School Student
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 11 - The Game Master
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 1 - Departure 0096
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 33 - An × Empty × Threat
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 140 - Fate
2:30 - One Piece - 374 - Our Bodies Vanish! The Morning Sun Shines on the Nightmarish Island!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice

Ogodei

The marathon tonight seems like it will cover the end of the Cell Games, which i recall being the most overplayed thing back in the day of the non-Kai anime.

Curious to see how Super translates, though "Battle of Gods" was dull compared to Return of F, so it'll be a few months before that picks up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Four of those series will probably have their OP played. I would not bet on seeing any music videos or reviews next week.

Oh god, they're still letting Shyamalan make movies!?

WHY!?

I think The Visit is actually pretty good, and if I remember correctly his new one has gotten a decently positive reception as well.

I cannot actually tell you what changed about his approach, though, other than maybe he went on some kind of vision quest and returned with decent movie concepts after he started struggling to come up with stuff like three films in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, they're still letting Shyamalan make movies!?

WHY!?
oh, that "Split" movie?

My guess is he was faking all those personalities or the one he let "loose" was his "real self".

Also my first thought when I saw the poster & read the premise was "oh so it's gonna be a lamer Killer 7"

I'll see you guys on the other side in around 2 hours from now. Likely won't be here for most of tonight since I'm celebrating with family but I might join in the last little bit once things wrap up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun New Years Story:

2000, probably the biggest new years of my life unless I live to be 116. Got some good friends together, good food, good games. Not going to miss a thing...except we're playing Mario Party, one of the GOAT time wasters of all time. By the time the match is over its 12:09am. Best part is we didn't even give a shit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*shrugs* Guess it's the only time I can post it while having it apply to my current situation:

C1DDBWQXcAIcBxj.jpg

*slurps Cherry Pepsi*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, Chromecast slightly zooms in the stream if I click on the tab that's playing it, but otherwise, looks like it'll be fine.

oh god, we start 2017 without a bang....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh freakin' hell, stream dropped in quality, had some quick freezing, & now it's not playing.

Guess I'm sticking with cable for the time being....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom