• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dirigible isn't actually a stealth aircraft.

The ships is literally called the Dues Ex Machina, and besides the point is that the Nazi's are in England, not that their ship is super fast or super stealthy. Besides they've shown that their weakest general vampire could shoot a crazy bullet that could blow up multiple aircraft from a distance in a single shot, she was also the expendable bait to lure Alucard away. Even if they saw them coming the other general vampires could easily protect the ship.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't disagree :p

It might be consistent but it doesn't FEEL consistent as of right now. Like I feel if you try to think about it for even a bit, it starts to not make sense even within the context of this crazy universe. I'm not entirely sure of the power set of Stoker's Dracula but I'm pretty sure flight (via mist or bats) should be part of his power set so seeing it not be so here feels off.
Dracula can't cross moving water without soil from his home country (usually in a coffin). So in this case, Alucard can't fly over water, even if he can normally fly over land. That's why Sir Integra questioned how they were going to get Alucard to the boat in the first place: because he couldnt just fly to it.

Crocodile

Again the boat he's on is in the middle of the Atlantic, even if he realized right away that the Nazi's were in England right now, it's gonna take time for him to fly back or mist back. Heck the only real problem with that is it's not gary stu enough for Alucard :p Heck even if he could get back to England in an hour imagine how much damage 1000 trained and armed Nazi vampires can do, you saw how 2 and some ghouls decimated the Hellsing organization and they were TRAINED for that.

"He can't get back in time to help the fight in England" is a different argument than "he's stuck" which some had argued. Hellsing foundation should have really thought this through. To be honest, except for Alucard, Walter and Intregra it seems to be made up of mono-scrubs. I guess this will be the point where Seras steps up to the plate and starts kicking ass (this in rhetorical don't spoil it for me)?

Crocodile

Dracula can't cross moving water without soil from his home country (usually in a coffin). So in this case, Alucard can't fly over water, even if he can normally fly over land. That's why Sir Integra questioned how they were going to get Alucard to the boat in the first place: because he couldnt just fly to it.

Was this explicitly stated and I missed it? Or is that something you would have to infer but could only do so if you are familiar with Stoker's material?

"He can't get back in time to help the fight in England" is a different argument than "he's stuck" which some had argued. Hellsing foundation should have really thought this through. To be honest, except for Alucard, Walter and Intregra it seems to be made up of mono-scrubs. I guess this will be the point where Seras steps up to the plate and starts kicking ass (this in rhetorical don't spoil it for me)?

In a sense he IS stuck for reasons Grandjedi6 says alone. Heck that point of the soil was introduced in THIS same episode we just watched. The soil was on the jet plane, and is now on the boat, Alucard can't leave the boat unless someone flies in and he takes the dirt/they bring more dirt with him, or he waits for the ship to run aground.

The later. Hellsing Ultimate just assumes you're aware of Dracula as Alucard's backstory.

It is briefly mentioned in this episode when he mentions the importance of his dirt and why they have to take a boat back with the coffin or a bigger plane

MikeMyers

lust.gif

Crocodile

Well I (and obviously a bunch of others) missed the bit about Alucard and the soil if they indeed did mention it in the show. I retract my earlier complaints then. Hellsing foundation is still mostly staffed by scrubs though :p

Well I (and obviously a bunch of others) missed the bit about Alucard and the soil if they indeed did mention it in the show. I retract my earlier complaints then. Hellsing foundation is still mostly staffed by scrubs though :p

There are about 5 competent people in the world of Hellsing and a sea of mooks and scrubs that are vampire fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom