• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVIL PRESENCE DETECTED! MUST DEFEND!

4zB8BQI.png

In some ways I wish Selim wasn't Pride, while I hated the whole "hey dad I brought you that important thing" that got 03 Pride killed, but with this set up I think it would have been a nice pay off when Selim found out his dad was a monster. At the same time though it is a great WHOAMYGOD when you realize who Pride really is

In some ways I wish Selim wasn't Pride, while I hated the whole "hey dad I brought you that important thing" that got 03 Pride killed, but with this set up I think it would have been a nice pay off when Selim found out his dad was a monster. At the same time though it is a great WHOAMYGOD when you realize who Pride really is

I like it a lot better this way, especially because Pride is a way bigger asshole than his "dad." Having him be a normal kid in the first adaptation made the twist more surprising in Brotherhood.

I like it a lot better this way, especially because Pride is a way bigger asshole than his "dad." Having him be a normal kid in the first adaptation made the twist more surprising in Brotherhood.

As someone who read the manga first and already knew about the changed homonculi in the 03 version it was one of the few things I liked how 03 handled differently. At the same time I agree that the Pride twist in the end is really powerful for the reasons you give

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom