• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

The only reason those exist is because this is still making a lot of money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Trading_Card_Game

Going to second this. The card game has a fairly big hand in the direction of the anime, even more so when Arc-V decided to include more neglected archetypes and game mechanics.

However, there have been seperate Mangas for each series IIRC. I don't know much on the matter as I don't read them, but apparently it's nearing the end for 5Ds (the quasar clone was just revealed) and still going for ZeXal.

jzbVe8w.png

Previously:
part one
part two

TgAnlbe.png
Foo3gnc.png

The babysitting continues in Clone Wars: The Movie. Dooku’s droids attack the monastery, led by Ventress. Even though they appear to be roughly the same in number as they were when they were defeated by people climbing a mountain, they manage to push the Republic forces back into the monastery. Anakin’s ship is destroyed in the process. R2 plugs into the wall to try to find a way out, while Anakin calls Ahsoka out on being so fucking whiny for this entire movie. He asks what she’s trying to prove, and she says that she wants to prove that she’s not too young to be a Padawan. He tells her to have some patience, and that should be the end of that, right? On a map of the monastery, R2 finds a backdoor landing platform to serve as an escape.

0bg83Ah.png
V4Bv8tB.png

The clones aren’t invited, though. They’re too busy serving as meatshields against Ventress’s forces until Obi-Wan arrives with back-up. Most of them are killed, but Rex is one of the survivors, and after he tries and fails to gun down Ventress she uses a Jedi Mind Trick to get him to call Anakin, which amounts to…nothing, really. Under the influence of the Mind Trick, Rex refers to him as simply “Anakin” instead of “General Skywalker”, which tips them off so the whole thing fails.

4NzS5rz.png
k9ngtot.png
3uYCINf.png
oP1zACC.png

Anakin, Ahsoka, R2, and Jabba Jr. (I refuse to refer to him as “Stinky”) head to the platform just as Obi-Wan arrives in a ship, though they can’t contact him since communications are being jammed. Anakin then calls Rex (is selective communication jamming a thing?) even though he was with Ventress not moments ago. But Rex is not has inexplicably survived his encounter with Ventress, he’s away from her and in a group of captured clones. The activation of his radio gives him the distraction he needs to begin attacking the droids, which pushes the other clones to follow suit. He answers Anakin and asks for backup, but Ahsoka advises Anakin against this as they need to complete their mission. Fortunately, the choice is made by Ventress, who shows up at the platform accompanied by two of the rolling droids. Anakin shuts the door, and she begins cutting through as some of those big, round droids with nose guns climb the mountain and begin firing at the platform from below. Suddenly, Jabba Jr. notices another landing platform on a distant mountain! And there’s a ship on it! And then there’s bug hives below the platform and the droids shooting disturbs them! And then a giant wasp/dragonfly/whatever alien flies out and Anakin jumps on it! And then Ventress breaks through and attacks Ahsoka, but Anakin hits her with his new pet dragonfly and then they fly off to the landing platform in the distance! This is fucking fanfiction, Jesus Christ.

DncnGAf.png
BMlltGo.png

Oh, and that one evil protocol droid is somehow on the other platform and they destroy him. Yeah. Anyway, Obi-Wan finally arrives on the ground at the monastery to provide backup and quickly confronts Ventress with a half-assed Jojo pose. Anakin manages to start up the piece-of-junk ship and informs Rex that they won’t be able to help him as they fly off to get Jabba Jr. some medical attention. Obi-Wan continues to battle Ventress in a decent fight that isn’t much to write home about outside of one amusing quip: he says “you’ll have to do better than that, my dear” after Ventress throws her dress/robe/skirt/thing at him to distract him.

JwwTo2O.png
AiKpSql.png

In the chaos, Anakin attempts to land the ship on a Republic cruiser. The clones inside lower the deflector shields for him, which allow the droids to literally destroy the entire ship. His reaction to this can be summed up as, “Oops.” Forced to head to Tatooine, he tells Ahsoka to check in the back for medical supplies as they make the jump to hyperspace. She finds the supplies and renders the entire subplot pointless. Ventress senses that Jabba Jr. is now beyond her reach and runs away when Obi-Wan starts to pose some more.

Apart from the laughably stupid dragonfly part and the fact that Rex is alive only because he's an important character, there's nothing hugely wrong with this section. It's just...dull. We've already had several battle sequences at this point, and this one is decidedly less interesting than the climbing one. It all feels so standard and boring; this is about the point where I decided I wanted the movie to be over and done with, but it just kept on going. None of this really feels hugely relevant, it's kind of obligatory, like "the droids are attacking, now we have to show all these fights."

Next time, it's politics with Padme! Also, I got bored so I made this:

2MoKcKS.png

Bleach Final Act will happen, it still sells well enough in manga form to warrant a 26-52 episode final arc anime, heck it could happen the same way Big O s2 or DBZ Kai Bui Saga happened due to very good western sales and ratings.

Guess I'll start marathoning InuYasha... Again, I watched over 100 episdoes to catch up to Toonami GAF... And I guess I'll watch 40 episodes in 3 weeks to be ready for final act

Moaradin

Ah, those were good times. I had most of the Alabasta saga and Skypiea to get through before Toonami. Of course, now I'm all caught up with all 666 episodes :X

by the way, up to where I've actually watched of the series, you new InuYasha viewers should skip (spoiler tags don't ruin anything, they're only there if you want to go in blind since you somehow managed to avoid anything related to this series):

008: The Toad Who Would Be Prince
012: The Soul Piper and the Mischievous Little Soul
017: Cursed Ink of the Hell-Painter
(Miroku joins the crew here, but you can pretty much infer that information)
027: Lake of the Evil Water God
(Pretty much the same as above, but with Sango)
031: Jinenji, Kind Yet Sad
046: Juromaru and Kageromaru
055: The Stone Flower and Shippo's First Love
057: Fateful Night in Togenkyo, Part I
058: Fateful Night in Togenkyo, Part II (i'd actually maybe recommend watching these two just because the second one is completely nuts)
060-064: Tsubaki arc (62 and 63 are good, but you have to watch 60 and 61 first; 63 might work standalone, though)
065: Farewell, Days of My Youth
072: Totosai's Rigid Training
075-077: Panther Devas arc
083-087: Filler Hell
091-101: Filler Hell Continues

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lies and Slander. Skip the main story, watch Inuyasha Non-Canon™ material.

The only episode bad enough that I suggest anyone to skip is 100.

On 153 and...I guess ill tag it for those behind me but

Horse fruit? What.

Did you miss the part when Chopper ate the Human Human fruit?

MikeMyers

83-84 and 87 aren't filler. Although the former did have a new character that wasn't in the manga, but said character appears in Final Act anyway.

you forgot Jinenji. fuck Jinenji. i don't generally recommend people skip stuff and don't do so myself but in longer shows i bend that, especially when people are working to get to the end. that list shaves off like 12 hours.

83-84 and 87 aren't filler. Although the former did have a new character that wasn't in the manga, but said character appears in Final Act anyway.

true, but those ones suck and it looks neater this way :(

Soulflarz

Banned

Did you miss the part when Chopper ate the Human Human fruit?

still dumb >.>

Also literally begging for the tag quote

Jinenji is a true bro.

Also Panther Devas is legitimately one of Inuyasha's better arcs.

JINENJI DESERVED WHAT HE GOT. And I thought the panther stuff was boring.

Skipping 87 makes you lose context to the
all according to keikaku
scene in 124.

Isn't there enough of a flashback for you to infer what's going on? And even then it's not a huge deal, really;
Kikyo randomly shows up all the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm serious about Inuyasha. It has more plot and character progression in its filler episodes than the main story most of the time because of how the main story kinda meanders here and there until it eventually hits a conflict and then everyone starts wandering again. The filler meanwhile often actually does quite a bit to expand on the characters relationships and is usually more focused on moving their stories ahead. Shit matters in Inuyasha filler.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm serious about Inuyasha. It has more plot and character progression in its filler episodes than the main story most of the time because of how the main story kinda meanders here and there until it eventually hits a conflict and then everyone starts wandering again. The filler meanwhile often actually does quite a bit to expand on the characters relationships and is usually more focused on moving their stories ahead. Shit matters in Inuyasha filler.

Yep. It's not like Naruto or Bleach or the old One Piece filler, they actually make the characters do work and expand on what's there. It is filler done right.

i did leave in a great deal of it. there's just that one stretch where most of it sucks kind of a lot.

guys, the final segment of the Clone Wars movie features Ziro the Hutt, Padme, Ahsoka being Ahsoka, Anakin Angst, and a battle that partially consists of using the Force to throw sand.

i need some moral support or i might die in the process of writing about it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
guys, the final segment of the Clone Wars movie features Ziro the Hutt, Padme, Ahsoka being Ahsoka, Anakin Angst, and a battle that partially consists of using the Force to throw sand.

i need some moral support or i might die in the process of writing about it.

take a few minutes and watch one of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars shorts

make you feel much better

DeMarco just said on his ask

When you guys find out why Hellsing Ultimate is being pulled 2 episodes early will you let us know or is this one of those things you can't share? Love all the work you do for Toonami and sorry to see this happens to you.‎ Sldy93

We most likely won't be able to share, also we are going to try to get those two as soon as we can and run em! 1 minute ago

He also mentioned last night when I tweeted and asked if they would be able to do a movie night with 9/10 back to back its something he hopes they can do.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait 6 months before watching 9 and 10 to see if Funi will be a bro and let them air the finale sooner or later

LOLDSFAN

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait 6 months before watching 9 and 10 to see if Funi will be a bro and let them air the finale sooner or later

I'll probably watch them within 2 weeks since 6 months would probably ruin my enjoyment since I'd forget a lot of the series.

So like are we going back to the moon or something? According to Wikipedia it's like Apollo 4 which lead to Apollo 11.

Raxus

Tonight's One Piece is going to be AWESOME

Naruto is going to be even better.

Tonight's Naruto is going to be filled with fights and non-stop action from start to finish as the main character uses his special attacks to devour enemies.

That is because during today's Naruto I am going to be playing Bayonetta 2 for 30 minutes.

Naruto is going to be even better.

Tonight's Naruto is going to be filled with fights and non-stop action from start to finish as the main character uses his special attacks to devour enemies.

That is because during today's Naruto I am going to be playing Bayonetta 2 for 30 minutes.

tumblr_inline_n8zgn3vUnz1r1hq9p.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
*friend tries to hang out with me today and I havent seen him in a few months*
"You free tonight?"
"E-er, I have plans..."

I think I have a toonami problem lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So for the time being, CN has been replaced by....Nick Toons....which shows Dragonball GT at 7 AM weekdays.....

Also, I'm finally gonna try & get some exercise again, considering I don't have any homework & for once, I have the house to myself for the day.

So for the time being, CN has been replaced by....Nick Toons....which shows Dragonball GT at 7 AM weekdays.....

Also, I'm finally gonna try & get some exercise again, considering I don't have any homework & for once, I have the house to myself for the day.

Toonami Party at Zonic's house!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hard to have a Toonami party when my Dish can't get Toonami for the time being.

Now if we were to have a 8-player SSB party....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom