• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

Decided to start watching inyuasha, the dub. I'll tell y'all what I think. Finished a paper on the British empire's spread of religion so I'm ready to relax lol.

Moaradin

One piece is about luffy searching for one treasure.

yeah remember that time when luffy found the one piece in the first episode but it got split into 100 pieces and the rest of the show was them collecting the rest of the pieces? Sometimes they'd get close but then they would lose them again!

mhs004

yeah remember that time when luffy found the one piece in the first episode but it got split into 100 pieces and the rest of the show was them collecting the rest of the pieces? Sometimes they'd get close but then they would lose them again!

Well you got me there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've never watched Inuyasha

What's it about?
A girl who does nothing but tease & can't admit her feelings, a half-demon who has one attack involving scarring the wind or something, a pervy monk who has a black hole on his hand, a boomerang woman who likes said monk cuz why not, her marketable mascot pal, & marketable mascot #2 who barely does anything.

Also, lots of sitting. Because sitting is funny.

& then there's this evil dude whose name sounds very similar to pervy monk, so they go to a village, there be an evil demon, they fight it, they win, "Is there a jewel shard?", they move on.

A girl who does nothing but tease & can't admit her feelings, a half-demon who has one attack involving scarring the wind or something, a pervy monk who has a black hole on his hand, a boomerang woman who likes said monk cuz why not, her marketable mascot pal, & marketable mascot #2 who barely does anything.

Also, lots of sitting. Because sitting is funny.

& then there's this evil dude whose name sounds very similar to pervy monk, so they go to a village, there be an evil demon, they fight it, they win, "Is there a jewel shard?", they move on.

there's also a zombie woman that the half-demon wants to get freaky with but is torn because he also wants to get freaky with the first girl because she always wears a miniskirt. but the first girl is a reincarnation of the zombie woman, only not zombified and they look nothing alike.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine when the Bleach manga ends (or gets close to ending), we're going to see a "Bleach: The Final Act" series similar to InuYasha.

Watch as they manage to stuff an entire volume of Bleach into 22 minutes.

I imagine when the Bleach manga ends (or gets close to ending), we're going to see a "Bleach: The Final Act" series similar to InuYasha.

Watch as they manage to stuff an entire volume of Bleach into 22 minutes.

That's already natural pacing for Bleach.

The problem with Final Act was that way too much stuff happened too quickly, and didn't have enough room to breathe. Particularly certain emotional beats which don't last long enough.

I'm glad that the ending got animated (and now that it will air on Toonami so more people can see it), but it needed to be 52 episodes. I'm still upset with that Final Act pacing 5 years later. Still, the series has a great ending, so it's all worth it in the end.

MikeMyers

The problem with Final Act was that way too much stuff happened too quickly, and didn't have enough room to breathe. Particularly certain emotional beats which don't last long enough.

FINAL ACT SPOILERS

Well personally I thought
Kagura's death
could have been done better but I thought
Kikyo's death
was really well, as well as the epilogue.

Given how unpopular the Bleach anime was in Japan, I wouldn't really expect an adaptation of the final arc unless Viz or Toonami were putting up some of the money. There's a reason it got taken off the air.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Given how unpopular the Bleach anime was in Japan, I wouldn't really expect an adaptation of the final arc unless Viz or Toonami were putting up some of the money. There's a reason it got taken off the air.

Wasn't the excessive filler a big reason?
Granted, Bleach's popularity tanked after Aizen's defeat. Volume sales went down and the Jump rankings fell hard.

It's actually debatable if a new anime will be made.

on this installment of Obi-Wan Makes Some Weird Faces:

qkTPct6.png

Wasn't the excessive filler a big reason?
Granted, Bleach's popularity tanked after Aizen's defeat. Volume sales went down and the Jump rankings fell hard.

It's actually debatable if a new anime will be made.

The ratings had been in the tank for a long time, even before Aizen's defeat, although they got even worse afterwards. It was getting sub 2.0 ratings despite airing during a great time slot. The ratings started sliding during 2008, and really fell off in 2010. From that point on, the show was really just limping along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom