• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see folks. Track down DeMarco and threaten him Never give up, and you'll succeed!

tumblr_ncys7jBArP1r9l4bco1_500.gif
[Inset Manly Tears Here]

Raxus

Good week. I finally get to get my fresh viewing of Final Act, Bayonetta 2 is released, got Level 30 in Destiny (I can finally stop playing it so much) and I got a week off from class.

B.K.

Man, coming up on a point where the only show I want to watch on Toonami is Gurren

Pretty much. After Attack on Titan ends, it's going to be the only thing I care about watching. I don't care about DBZ or more crappy Inuyasha episodes. I wish they would get more than just horrible shounen shows.

this seems relevant:

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/119503419113

Not to be rude or anything, but you need to keep tab on what's going on with your shows. That said, here's to hoping Toonami gets the rights to air the last two Hellsings once they're available.

It's not a matter of us "keeping tabs," anon. We are only six people, working for free on Toonami, doing the best we can. We can't control other departments and we are not privy to every detail of the various deals made. And those deals are not written in stone, they can change. There's nothing we can do about that. TV isn't always neat and tidy and you shouldn't automatically assume when something happens you don't like, it's due to negligence.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh yea, well, turns out everybody was wrong, I was wrong about Attack on Titan not airing at 11:30 PM but I was right about there being another show other than Kai.

Actually, we are probably getting that movie, but just the first 45 minutes.

1-8 of hellsing ultimate have been out for years, 9-10 come out this month I can understand why funi wants a few month buffer before letting them air on tv. Maybe toonami will do a "movie night" and air the final 2 ovas back to back sometime in 2015

Oh yea, well, turns out everybody was wrong, I was wrong about Attack on Titan not airing at 11:30 PM but I was right about there being another show other than Kai.

I still think we'll see something else at 12:30 in January, they'll just throw flcl or something in that 2:30 spot to kill time though december and then slide aot down. I really can't see aot staying at 12:30 for an entire rerun.

Also we still don't know whats going at 2:30 yet ya?

well, if you wanna get technical it looks like if they stuck to the original plan of airing Hellsing Ultimate in its entirety, The Final Act wouldn't have aired until 2015.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
1-8 of hellsing ultimate have been out for years, 9-10 come out this month I can understand why funi wants a few month buffer before letting them air on tv. Maybe toonami will do a "movie night" and air the final 2 ovas back to back sometime in 2015

Indeed, and whatever the circumstances, here is where Demarco and and Toonami fucked up, we were never told about this situation until today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5SGyMUbdE

Remember this promo promising the "10-Episode OVA series" and not "The first eight episodes?" Yea, people are well within their rights to be pissed off about this and they really can't just write this off, they look kind of stupid now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
well, if you wanna get technical it looks like if they stuck to the original plan of airing Hellsing Ultimate in its entirety, The Final Act wouldn't have aired until 2015.

At this point I am believing they are operating on like the fourth contingency plan of any given situation.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I just realized that one of these nights we're now going to have One Piece recap, Gurren Lagann recap and Inuyasha Final Act all in a row. That's like Dragonball Kai abridged levels of pacing that night, especially with Shippuden contrasting it right beforehand.

Ponn

Banned
Pretty much. After Attack on Titan ends, it's going to be the only thing I care about watching. I don't care about DBZ or more crappy Inuyasha episodes. I wish they would get more than just horrible shounen shows.

maybe Attack on Titan and Dandy blew their budget. It's a shame, as much as i like Dandy maybe they could have spread the money around and got shows like Psycho Pass or Tokyo Ghoul or High School of the Dead. I'm not sure who owns the rights now but heck go back and give Hajime no Ippo a fighting chance in America. That could be a long running show for them.

Gorillaz

Wondering if psycho pass is beyond their budget. Shame because even wirh its imperfections I think it would be perfect at the 1130 slot

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
maybe Attack on Titan and Dandy blew their budget. It's a shame, as much as i like Dandy maybe they could have spread the money around and got shows like Psycho Pass or Tokyo Ghoul or High School of the Dead. I'm not sure who owns the rights now but heck go back and give Hajime no Ippo a fighting chance in America. That could be a long running show for them.

I would genuinely rather have the endless battle shows then any of those titles.

Raxus

holy shit i diidn't even realize that was you, Raxus

To celebrate Bayonetta 2's release I changed my avatar. I am going to keep this for around a week to a month max. Game is great so far ;)

PS why is Asoka holding a turd with eyeballs?

Ponn

Banned
I would genuinely rather have the endless battle shows then any of those titles.

Not sure I would be happy about losing Dandy but if Attack on Titan blew their budget and we could get a couple different shows instead id be for that. Honestly I can't picture a Toonami lineup that would ever please everyone.

Raxus

Not sure I would be happy about losing Dandy but if Attack on Titan blew their budget and we could get a couple different shows instead id be for that. Honestly I can't picture a Toonami lineup that would ever please everyone.

All JoJo. All the time.

Embrace the posing.

Is this the part where we make fantasy Toonami lineups?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kill La Kill
Hunter X Hunter
Gurren Lagann
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Code Geass
Death Note
G Gundam

Arrange those in any order from the start of the block and that's 4 straight hours of watchable TV content, more than I've seen together in one place in years.

Got Bayo 2 as well

Honestly I think blowing their budget on Dandy and Titan was better use of their money then getting a bunch of b tier anime that would have cost less and brought way less attention to the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom