• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Going to start to pack it up for the night.

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 25 - Wall: Assault on Stohess, Part 3 - END
12:00 - Bleach - 366 - Changing History, Unchanging Heart - END
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 43 - Sakura's Tears
1:00 - One Piece - 277 - The Tragedy of Ohara! The Terror of the Buster Call!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 11 - Simon, Hands Off
1:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 7 - Hellsing VII
2:00 - Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
3:00 - Space Dandy - 4 - Sometimes You Can't Live With Dying, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 13 - Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 35 - The Shape of This Country
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 5 - INDUCTANCE
5:00 - Big O - 18 - The Greatest Villain
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 38 - The Birth of Evil: Part 2

Later.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This episode is good but it's also the least easy to fit into the plot of the rest of the series. You gotta make a lot of assumptions.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSlZNsk1l3LbiQ

zlCfzSlaf5QXJmW9l8
zlCfzSlbCYcWAQuPe6

zlCfzSlbYDkRf8IF0D
zlCfzSlb2I8sRhs3UH

zlCfzSlcRFw8idwRJ2
zlCfzSlcqs0uU1tZ-M

zlCfzSldDf8ik7xWg5
zlCfzSldYVkTcTtgIg

zlCfzSldjtc0pgWTd-
zlCfzSldxhk_J0WI96

zlCfzSld6_ws6jYbR-
zlCfzSleCJUbAr62Rn

Early?
LATER.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Had to throw in at least 1 Bayo Ref tonight, heh heh. Glad my quick and Dirty Dig Dug was Decipherable! Thanks Schadenfreude!

Thanks to you too, Success Jaken!

daveo42

Banned
Great sketch dump SAB CA. I cannot get over the Starfire voice for Nia. Love the AoT and One Piece ones as well.

Someone more clever than me come up with a name for the November thread.

Toonami |Nov14| Hellsing's Final Attack on Bleach Kai
Toonami |Nov14| Kai - Now with better pacing!
Toonami |Nov14| Premature Endings

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wonderful work SAB.
Though I'm pretty sure the scene of Robin running past her mother and not noticing isn't meant to be funny.

Toonami |Nov14| If you want to see some action, go read the manga

Attack on Titan
As Bass mentioned last night, this was mostly filler. After the flashback, they split up and Eren shifts into Titan form (I double checked the chapter). Odd how the anime makes Eren look weaker here.
Also, the voice direction is just really off. I really wonder how much of it has to do with the source material since the actors and Funi can and have done better. Maybe it's Wit Studio forcing their hand? I know Toei has a lot of say in what Funi does with One Piece (I.E. Funi wanted Luffy to be played by a man, Toei said "no, women only")

Bleach
Yeah, this reveal is just as stupid here as it was in the manga. How dare the Soul Society keep tabs on their employees! It's like Kubo never had a real job outside of making manga...

Shippuden
Well at least some stuff happened. 4-tails Naruto decimating Orochimaru. Then Kabuto bogged it down with crap...

One Piece
You think the World Government are dicks now? Oh ho ho ho ho.
And yeah, you now know that Aokiji is merely a title, and that his real name is Kuzan. It's the same with the other two admirals (who were mentioned by name so it's not a spoiler). Akainu (Red Dog) and Kizaru (Yellow Monkey).

Gurren Lagann
I have to wonder if they purposely cast Hynden Welch as Nia based on that "interrogation" scene.
Poor Viral... never going to get his rematch.

Hellsing Ultimate
GUNS GUNS GUNS GUUUUNS. Plus a speech about prostitutes who are more than likely dead now.
About the comedy... I think it's meant to be conveyed through manga panels more than animation. Especially since the shifting art makes it so jarring.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To restate one of my earlier suggestions:

|OT| Hellsing's Final Act Will Not Be Televised

& crap, forgot next week is the zombie episode on Space Dandy. Is it worth having to wait for Cooler's Revenge to play again to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom