• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

What's your favorite thread in gaming?
No seriously what's going on.

Just ignore it. It'll be gone in a day.

P.S. Finished Bayonetta 2. AMAZING! Going back through to get all the collectibles and get platinum. Then I am going to earn Platinum on all the chapters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*looks at Gaming to see what's happening*

........some days, man......

nichizzzzz1.jpg

Edit: Holy crap Shokugeki no Soma is finally getting an anime. Now to see which studio is producing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Anime fans! Stay tuned to Nerdist.com tomorrow for a special announcement from our friends at @FUNimation! "

Hmmm. I can't imagine it'd be a simple "hey we got the rights to this" announcement. Sounds like they might have something physical to show off....like a LE?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Because Funi is letting them reair it for free and it'll probably still do 1 million plus every week which is free money for them to air more stuff in 2015
They're not letting them air it for free. The contract is just not up yet and it would be silly to not air it considering how popular and expensive it was. Broadcast deals are usually done based on X number of years, not an episode by episode basis

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Didn't the first Sword Art Online novel actually come out a year or more before any .hack related things?

It's a joke. They actually came out more or less at exactly the same time, but .hack was likely first due to the lead time in getting a gigantic multimedia crossover event in place. Probably started in 2000.

They're not letting them air it for free. The contract is just not up yet and it would be silly to not air it considering how popular and expensive it was. Broadcast deals are usually done based on X number of years, not an episode by episode basis

DeMarco himself said it in that ama the other day that it wouldn't cost them anything to reair it which is why they are doing so

Seda

DeMarco himself said it in that ama the other day that it wouldn't cost them anything to reair it which is why they are doing so

I think you guys mean the same thing. They already paid to broadcast it for some amount of time (like a year), so it doesn't cost them anything in addition to air it again now.

But that doesn't mean the reair is truly free.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was inevitable that once Sony made PS+ mandatory for online that the retail games would diminish most months. Combine that with having a new system in PS4 with not that many publishers ready to give up potential sales just yet and with Vita already offering most of its good retail games on the service at one point or another...yeah.

That being said if I was still using Plus (I refuse to because I refuse to pay money for online) I'd rather have Steamworld Dig, a game I own on two other platforms, than Knack.

The Smash thread is what it is. The game is gorgeous looking but not because of effects, it's mainly how well the art meshes.

"Anime fans! Stay tuned to Nerdist.com tomorrow for a special announcement from our friends at @FUNimation! "

Hmmm. I can't imagine it'd be a simple "hey we got the rights to this" announcement. Sounds like they might have something physical to show off....like a LE?

Smells like a HxH dub announcement.
I wish

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When is the Nerdist announcement happening?
Today, but no idea on time. I'm passing the time by trying to think up of a third "room" I can do for my Halloween project in multimedia design. For some reason, my mind keeps going back to "use Danganronpa & a murder or execution scene".

Wouldn't have minded using Hellsing Ultimate, but not sure what scene I could use.....& no, I already stated it would be for the best if "that" part from V wasn't used.

Jarate

Banned
Well guys, I caught a flu, which means I get to stay home and stare into my computer all day because im too lazy to accomplish anything

fuck getting sick.

daveo42

Banned
Hopefully the news we get from Funi is something actually good and not SAO related.

Well guys, I caught a flu, which means I get to stay home and stare into my computer all day because im too lazy to accomplish anything

fuck getting sick.

Days off sick I tend to just sleep the entire day and miss most of everything. Occasionally I actually do some gaming or watch some anime, but staying in bed all day feeling miserable sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funimation "rescues" SAO, gives it a new dub & cut, to call it "SAO: The Good Edition".

Hey, quick off-topic question. Anyone know of a good video editing program? Windows Movie Maker isn't wanting to work right with me.

Jarate

Banned
Funimation "rescues" SAO, gives it a new dub & cut, to call it "SAO: The Good Edition".

Hey, quick off-topic question. Anyone know of a good video editing program? Windows Movie Maker isn't wanting to work right with me.

There aint no fixing SAO unless you reimagine the entire plot

daveo42

Banned
I must be a terrible person because I haven't really paid attention to who licenses what half the time and assume that the majority of stuff is just licensed by Funimation anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I must be a terrible person because I haven't really paid attention to who licenses what half the time and assume that the majority of stuff is just licensed by Funimation.
To be fair, the only other well-known companies are Aniplex & Sentai, & even then, those guys tend to license more obscure stuff, save for the occasional popular item like Aniplex & SAO, Gurren Lagann, & Kill La Kill. Funimation just has the most funds to get the more known animes.

Hell, I barely know what's been localized & by whoever when it comes to manga.

I must be a terrible person because I haven't really paid attention to who licenses what half the time and assume that the majority of stuff is just licensed by Funimation anyway.
Well they do own like 50% of the anime market in America so I can see why you'd think that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I usually assume the same thing, they practically are the US anime market at this point.

This, no amount of redubbing can fix sao's issues.

It would take a complete re-write, from the ground up, to make it any good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How It Should Have Ended: Sword Art Online

"You're all trapped in here"
"Oh noes!"
"Reach the 100th floor to get out"
"Shit... well I guess we'll start new lives here"
"Wait! I have an idea"
*3 days later*
"Time to check in... where is everybody?"
*doors burst open and every player that's still alive rushes in*
"OH CRAAAAAAP!"

daveo42

Banned
Just wait for the day Namco decides to make a SAO & .hack crossover game.

I was completely bored with the offline mmo concept around the 2nd or 3rd game. The story itself was pretty good, but it wasn't enough to keep me coming back. Plus, I had moved on to an actual MMO around that time.

Only ever saw the Twilight series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I semi-remember Twilight. I recall that was the more cartoony, sillier one.....

......also weren't Kite & Black Rose siblings?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I semi-remember Twilight. I recall that was the more cartoony, sillier one.....

......also weren't Kite & Black Rose siblings?

That was Shugo and Rena, twin siblings that won Kite & Blackrose's skins for the game.
Probably because the two original players stopped logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom