• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
and this

X2sqZEu.gif
Inferno Cop is awesome, not to mention hilarious with how cheap it is with its budget.

Raxus

I know, right? The blood even sort of looked like a fucking heart.

Naruto spoiler joke!
DTL intensifies. Kubo isn't the only manga artist that enjoys mutilating arms anymore!

Also, spoilers nooooo gif. I know I know.

Inferno Cop is awesome, not to mention hilarious with how cheap it is with its budget.
A small part of me wishes they would air this instead during DST. Have one person dub all the voices like Inferno Cop and you're set.

Raxus

I can't believe I played Destiny for so long. Playing Bayonetta 2 made me realize what fun is.

I will try and catch up on GitS and post my impressions on this week's shows tomorrow. Whenever I hit weeks I have to work I tend to really fall behind.

Soulflarz

Banned
Let me just say now that we should not get into extended discussion here about the Naruto manga ending.
Thanks! (Saying this in case some major death gets spoiled for me or something, I wouldnt know)

A bit over 100 episodes till im caught up on OP! Welll at 165

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I spent the morning feeling like crap. Woke up at 5 AM, 2 hours before my normal time, with my eyes hurting like hell, then couldn't get back to sleep after 6 AM, then started to get a headache & barely made it through my multimedia design class without falling asleep.

Granted, I probably had it due to allergies (1/2 our class was gone, which might've been a sickness, but I think most people just wanted to skip since exams were the Tuesday before), but at least it was mostly gone by the time I had to go back to college for another exam (so glad it was made open note).

Grexeno

Granted, I probably had it due to allergies (1/2 our class was gone, which might've been a sickness, but I think most people just wanted to skip since exams were the Tuesday before), but at least it was mostly gone by the time I had to go back to college for another exam (so glad it was made open note).
Half the class didn't show up to Physical Chemistry this morning because the exam was last night.

Seda

Inuyasha is one of those shows that's fine to put up with week to week or to leave it on as background noise, but marathoning it is such a slog.

It's not terribly engaging or compelling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I marathoned Inuyasha in January of this year to catch up and I found it perfect for it. You don't really mind if you fall asleep watching it or miss something or whatever.

Grexeno

And it's an extra long one this week. Love it.

So regarding goodies/bumps/promos:

I guess we're going to get a full-length DBZ promo this weekend, and either an Inuyasha promo or a lineup promo the following week. Although I don't know if we'll get a lineup promo or a new bump set until after the month of movies. If you don't do a new bumpset the stuff at the back will be around for quite a long time, but the new stuff for the shows at the front will only be around for like 3 weeks.

And regarding Intruder 2, what combination of these things do you guys think we'll get:

New TOM
New Absolution
New design for Toonami
New SARA
More Clydes

Grexeno

I think new TOM and new design. New Absolution and new SARA in 2016, along with another new design.

Honestly it feels like we'll get a new Toonami design every year because it costs jack shit to do.

I marathoned Inuyasha in January of this year to catch up and I found it perfect for it. You don't really mind if you fall asleep watching it or miss something or whatever.

The part you marathoned was mostly canon where a lot happens, the later half of the show seems to largely be filler or canon story episodes that drag over 2-3 episodes

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a lot of Non-Canon™ everywhere in Inuyasha. Also Inuyasha has good Non-Canon™ episodes, especially in the back half. Hell the filler in the back half is better than the story episodes.

There's a lot of Non-Canon™ everywhere in Inuyasha. Also Inuyasha has good Non-Canon™ episodes, especially in the back half. Hell the filler in the back half is better than the story episodes.

Yes InuYasha does have a lot of good filler, but the ones I've seen in this second half of the series are more miss then hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom