• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd argue Akame ga Kill has been more entertaining in how bad it is in comparison to the first half of SAO2. SAO2 either came closer to having good ideas but failed or was just boorriinnngggg (THE DAMN CAVE)

The first half of SAO2 had a sword made of ARMOR PLATING from a SPACE BATTLESHIP.

Line_HTX

The first half of SAO2 had a sword made of ARMOR PLATING from a SPACE BATTLESHIP.

I forget, what in the hell was that all about? I think it was a random enemy or something?

All I knew that I was laughing for a good 10 minutes.

I know that The Cave was 3 eps long and that's stupid, but it showed us Sinon turning tsundere and many other things, lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I forget, what in the hell was that all about? I think it was a random enemy or something?

All I knew that I was laughing for a good 10 minutes.

I know that The Cave was 3 eps long and that's stupid, but it showed us Sinon turning tsundere and many other things, lol

I'm pretty sure it was Death Gun's, wasn't it?

Because Death Gun's death gun called Death Gun wasn't enough.

The description for Gun Gale Online's setting:

The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Earth, which had become a wasteland after a huge war long ago, that people had returned to on space ships. The capital city of the game, called SBC Glocken, with SBC meaning Space Battle Cruiser, was originally the spaceship that was used to return to this planet. A huge city of ruins from the war, which has an unlimited number of automated fighting machines and mutant creatures that await adventurers, sleeps beneath the capital city.

Of course, basic world building is hard apparently so the line comes off as a hilarious non-sequitur (and still might even with context).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweeeeeeeet, found out my theater will be showing Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie. Anyone else thinking of seeing that next month?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...I have no words. Or gifs.

WzQzuC5.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've heard of Black Bullet.

..........um............it's in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, so it's owned by the same company that owns SAO.

So I went to the Adult Swim drive in make up date today. We got to see advance episodes of Black Jesus, Robot Chicken, Mike Tyson Mysteries(Which was really good), and finally an episode of Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories. Holy shit, what a show. Even if you don't like Tim and Eric, This show from the episode we saw is gonna be amazing. It's amazingly fucked up and has terrific production values.
And We also got to see this pilot called Dream Labs LLC. It was alright. Not the greatest pilot but whatever.
Pretty cool showing and I liked going. I hope they do this again next year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eeehhh, Part 1 is a bit slow (though it does pick up) & honestly, probably one of my least favorites of the series. Not that I'm saying it's bad, but compared to the other parts, it's not as interesting.

Now Part 2 & the greatness of Joseph, yeah, I would love to see that on Toonami & everyone's reactions. Plus it lives up to the "bizarre". I just hope people would be willing to wait 9 episodes/over 2 months until we reached episode 10, the start of Part 2.

Eeehhh, Part 1 is a bit slow (though it does pick up) & honestly, probably one of my least favorites of the series. Not that I'm saying it's bad, but compared to the other parts, it's not as interesting.

Now Part 2 & the greatness of Joseph, yeah, I would love to see that on Toonami & everyone's reactions. Plus it lives up to the "bizarre". I just hope people would be willing to wait 9 episodes/over 2 months until we reached episode 10, the start of Part 2.

I think the first episode of Part 1 is easily one of the best Jojo episodes through both seasons. It really sets the tone perfectly of what you're getting into with the franchise. It does slow down a bit, though like you said, it picks up and finishes strong.

I agree its not as good as Part 2 and 3, but still significantly better than pretty much everything on Toonami atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom