• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
QNIWlxz.gif

Line_HTX

Has better VA too.

Guilty Crown would make a great Toonami show to fill the slot of fun garbage.

I've never seen Guilty Crown, but I'm sure it could work on Toonami.

What I'm hoping is some terrible mecha like Aldnoah/Zero and Cross Ange.

The first half of A/Z is finished dubbing. Damn, Aniplex is fast.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder how this works since Toonami is also part of TimeWarner?
The same way it works for everything else? They get added benefits/connections but still have to pay the liscensing fees to the corresponding child company. Though considering Toonami can't even touch anything related to Hanna Barbera or DC comics, I imagine the connection will help even less than usual.

The biggest benefit is that it'll probably help in keeping the songs intact.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The same way it works for everything else? They get added benefits/connections but still have to pay the liscensing fees to the corresponding child company. Though considering Toonami can't even touch anything related to Hanna Barbera or DC comics, I imagine the connection will help even less than usual.

The biggest benefit is that it'll probably help in keeping the songs intact.

For further proof, look how TOONAMI and CN treat the various DC properties. It's easier to get the ball rolling and "free" to rerun but if the show gets written off it goes poof.

I posted it recently in the anime thread, but I feel the beautiful horror of the Hurricane Gundam should be appreciated here too.

They later mass produce it to help fight the Devil Gundam. In Space.

I'm guessing it can camouflage in its windmill form easy in space.

So clearly, the Big Zam doesn't have shit on the Hurricane Gundam.

I posted it recently in the anime thread, but I feel the beautiful horror of the Hurricane Gundam should be appreciated here too.

They later mass produce it to help fight the Devil Gundam. In Space.

I'm guessing it can camouflage in its windmill form easy in space.

So clearly, the Big Zam doesn't have shit on the Hurricane Gundam.

Why am I now reminded of the Transformer with the penis crane?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thanks OT!

Nujabes (composer for Samurai Champloo) Tribute album is pretty tight.

Listen and DL at whatever price you want!

du8u9CA.gif
I'll have to give this a listen, I recently put some Nujabes tunes on my phone to listen to during work, need to see if I can find more, hopefully this guy will have some good stuff as well.

I swear, half the reason I wish Samurai Champloo would return is so we can listen to its music, especially Battlecry.

Seda

I believe that DBZ rating is 4th highest total rating.

Considering college football and mlb playoffs - although they wrapped up before midnight - that's not bad at all.

Line_HTX

MLB playoffs perfect lead-in into DBZ Kai.

Akame still going very strong. Everyone loves the torturous General.

Great numbers all around again.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey the boob demographic is probably the only reason Michiko and Hatchin is still scoring so high.

I wonder if the DBZ in a few episodes will be the highest rated yet.

Aha, finally a chance to talk about Takahiro

He wrote Majikoi which is an adult VN and the main girl in that (Momoyo) is like proto Esdeath, she's the "strongest" and loves to tease. Not sadistic but definitely the dominant one in a relationship.

Alright cool but in 2015 Anekouji Naoko to Gin'iro no Shinigami (also an adult VN) came out which is also written by him and the main girl looks like this -

LIKE THIS -

Pretty much Esdeath but not evil but still a sadist. Also I think you can fuck her mom? I dunno. No worries this will get an adaptation someday, probably because Majikoi did.

FYI I haven't played either of these because VNs are stupid but I know tons of people who love 'em so I have absorbed all this totally useful information. He also wrote Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero which people seem to like but I never watched. I think that's about a crippled magical girl? No sadism here

So look forward to more Esdeath clones in the future. Oh yeah scuttlebutt says that AgK was originally going to be a VN so that explains a lot. Maybe I should change it that VNs are for masochists because not even I will play those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom