• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right in that the "hot & cold" and "separate & rescue" narrative has been used over and over by this show but the circus escapade still stands out as special to me and how they interacted after said incident was different as well. I won't disagree that the writing of the show could have been better in several respects but I'm not sure how to do this better in an obvious way. Would you preferred something more linear than troughs & valleys with an upward trend?

Well, my issue is that I don't think there was much of an upward trend until now. If they sprinkled a few more of these moments throughout it might have been a little better. As it is, it feels like they left the relationship largely the same in the interest of having so many story-of-the-week episodes, and now they're only JUST starting to build on the relationship because they sort of have to if they want a resolution to the show.

Raxus

Funny story:

WAAAAAY back when I was doing One Piece 101 when it premiered I used a gif from an upcoming opening to make a title card but I had to edit out the Sunny because it showed up SECONDS after the title card showed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Any reason there's a "1" on the side?
bbS2vyU.gif

Ichigo is in there.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So what exactly was Kishimotos' excuse for the son of the 4th Hokage to live as an outcast like Naruto did again? Feels like a retcon.

Think of it like this, almost all the ninja villages has a tailed beast, these tailed beasts kinda serve as deterrents and keeps them from going to war with eachother despite none of them cept suna and konoha being allies and tensions constantly boiling, they're the equivalent of atomic bombs, well konoha's atomic bomb accidentally goes off inside their village, it kills a huge amount of its residents, soldiers or not and was finally contained by the 4th hokage dying for it, and is now currently inside the son of the 4th, now this tailed beast kill alot of peoples parents and other family members, and naruto is basically a tailed beast himself, so he is essentially the nine tailed fox. Hard not to find someone to hate for the hurt.

Crocodile

New ship looks tacky as fuck :p

Make the show shorter, make circus episodes 5/6 or 6/7 with the finale being episode 12 or 13.

Perhaps. I'll have a stronger opinion if that much can be trimmed once I've seen the last 5 or so episodes.

Well, my issue is that I don't think there was much of an upward trend until now. If they sprinkled a few more of these moments throughout it might have been a little better. As it is, it feels like they left the relationship largely the same in the interest of having so many story-of-the-week episodes, and now they're only JUST starting to build on the relationship because they sort of have to if they want a resolution to the show.

It started before this episode to be sure (I gave one examples and several more exist though my lack of energy at this time of night might require me to exert extra effort to pull them out) and we still have 5 episodes to go. I won't argue that the distribution couldn't have been better (though I might want to rewatch some episodes to be 100% sure) but this didn't just start popping up now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When Water 7 started, I think people expected the folowing people to be the new shipwright, in order of likelihood:
1. Paulie
2. Kaku
3. Iceberg

and Franky to end up being the big bad.

Think of it like this, almost all the ninja villages has a tailed beast, these tailed beasts kinda serve as deterrents and keeps them from going to war with eachother despite none of them cept suna and konoha being allies and tensions constantly boiling, they're the equivalent of atomic bombs, well konoha's atomic bomb accidentally goes off inside their village, it kills a huge amount of its residents, soldiers or not and was finally contained by the 4th hokage dying for it, and is now currently inside the son of the 4th, now this tailed beast kill alot of peoples parents and other family members, and naruto is basically a tailed beast himself, so he is essentially the nine tailed fox. Hard not to find someone to hate for the hurt.

But everyone in the leaf village knows Naruto is the 4th's son and the tailed beast host, your explanation is why people feared Naruto and why he was a loner in like the first chapter before that plot point was basically dropped.

The reason why they don't explain this to Naruto/why Naruto doesn't know is the actual question. It'd be one thing if Naruto had the 9 tails put in him, he went berserk, and his father died to reseal it inside Naruto and they didn't want Naruto to feel guilty for essentially killing his own father... but that's not what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom