• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

So what exactly was Kishimotos' excuse for the son of the 4th Hokage to live as an outcast like Naruto did again? Feels like a retcon.

It's not exactly subtle, though; it's just taking a long time. I exaggerated when I said it's been the same since episode 3, but the point is that the show set up this "they'l love each other eventually thing!" a while ago and stagnated for a hell of a long time. The "I'm sick of your shit" and "I'm here to rescue you" stuff has happened multiple times in this show; the circus isn't particularly special in that regard. I just don't see where the build-up is supposed to have been. It feels more like they just now decided this stuff can happen because they're getting close to the end; really, it could've happened after the bull fight.

You're right in that the "hot & cold" and "separate & rescue" narrative has been used over and over by this show but the circus escapade still stands out as special to me and how they interacted after said incident was different as well. I won't disagree that the writing of the show could have been better in several respects but I'm not sure how to do this better in an obvious way. Would you preferred something more linear than troughs & valleys with an upward trend?

She's done pretty good at running under the radar so far in the series.
ssenieslobby.jpg

I dunno that doesnt look very under the radar

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
.......so.....the lens cap....*sigh*

I still would like to know how that guy managed to get all those photos.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
How do they get a sheet that big. And how does he have the strength to pull it off?

So what exactly was Kishimotos' excuse for the son of the 4th Hokage to live as an outcast like Naruto did again? Feels like a retcon.

You're right in that the "hot & cold" and "separate & rescue" narrative has been used over and over by this show but the circus escapade still stands out as special to me and how they interacted after said incident was different as well. I won't disagree that the writing of the show could have been better in several respects but I'm not sure how to do this better in an obvious way. Would you preferred something more linear than troughs & valleys with an upward trend?

Make the show shorter, make circus episodes 5/6 or 6/7 with the finale being episode 12 or 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom