• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as long as we're talking about game to anime adaptations, I advice people here to look at Pokemon X and Y anime if you wanna see some pretty stunning production values.

Seriously, the battles in Pokemon X and Y look amazing. It has the production values that One Piece should have.

Also...
tumblr_n07yznP5tL1r76doeo5_500.gif

tumblr_n6ozn9bPXD1r7ou8vo1_500.gif

...it's pretty cute sometimes.

Ash will inevitably leave his current female companion, once he has sucked as much life force from her as he can.

That's right. Ash is a lich.

Sazae-san is something else. I believe the show is still cel animated and the author never wanted the show to be merchandised so there is no home release for the maddening number of episodes. Not like anyone would be able to catch up anyway, unless they were insane.

The only thing I remember about the Blue Dragon anime:

30698569.jpg

(the only thing I remember about the game is the boss music)

Fun fact that is sung by the Deep Purple front man. Maybe because Made in Japan was a really successful album?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, PS2 is 15 today.

I remember the promos Cartoon Network/Toonami did with Sly Cooper & the fact TOM was an unlockable skin for one of the weapons in Sly 2 & I think in 3? Even cooler was the fact they were kept in the HD Collection.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ash left when he was 10.

He arrived back in Vermillion city to face Giovanni a year later.

He's traveled across the land, searched far and wide, been to multiple leagues and had hundreds of episodes and tons of companions since then.

He's still 10

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 152:

With the individual scouts finally getting a proper focus episode the second half is feel much more like a traditional Sailor Moon arc, which is a good thing, certainly a step up from the endless nothing that was the Amazon Trio days. This time around it is Rei as she is next in line to get the long overdue Crystal power but before that she has to deal with a little girl who is having a identity crisis and has stars for pupils. I don't know who thought that design was a good idea but they need a good punch to the face. Anyway, as far as Rei in the spotlight episodes goes this one was fairly middling as it explored the superficial side of Rei which calls for lot of obnoxiousness from not only her but Usagi and the others. In fact, this kind of felt like an elaborate in joke as the hellspawn saw Rei somebody who would devote her life to that of a shrine maiden who would never marry, which is the pat of her manga counterpart. Mild recommendation to avoid.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 153:

Well then, we interrupt your regularly scheduled focus episode to give you a heaping pile of PSA infested shit. No, seriously, what the fuck, this episode is basically one big morality play on he merits of brushing your teeth. I understand Sailor Moon was still considered to be a kids show and all that but this garbage is unconscionable at this stage in the game. As in this feels like an early season one or maybe season two episode but has no place this late in the series. It really is the epitome of why this season fail so hard as they tried to go backwards on themes and that is just not how the game is played. Maximum recommendation to avoid and honestly one of the worst episodes of the series.

Ash left when he was 10.

He arrived back in Vermillion city to face Giovanni a year later.

He's traveled across the land, searched far and wide, been to multiple leagues and had hundreds of episodes and tons of companions since then.

He's still 10

Must be the same rare disease that Bart Simpson has.

Soulflarz

Banned
Selling:

Anime:
Kill la Kill Complete Series vol. 1 - 9 (Japanese BD, limited edition versions with bonus discs, no artbooks, watched once. Please note that this does not have english dub or subs) - $125
Cowboy Bebop Remix: Complete Series (DVD, Last Bandai Release) - $15
Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Series (DVD) - $20
Gurren Lagann Complete Series (DVD, Aniplex boxset) - $40

Books n' Whatnot:
Animator's Survival Kit (read once) - $30
Art of Kill la Kill vol. 1 (MFC Entry) - $50
Kill la Kill Genga Book vol. 1 (MFC Entry) - $30

Figures:
SEGA PM Figure Rise Kujikawa (MFC Entry) - $15
Nendoroid Celty Sturluson (MFC Entry) - $35

Shipping only to the US and Canada. $10CDN shipping to both Canada and USA. May cost more if there are more items.

All prices are in CDN. PayPal, gift or normal with you paying the fees. Note that it will take some time for me to ship (most likely items will ship max. three days after payment.)

Please PM me if you're interested/have any questions! :)

Figured you guys want these

Ahem

TTGL
$40

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of stuff on sale relating to shows that've been on Toonami, Funimation is having a Halloween sale. Deadman Wonderland (Blu-Ray) is $18, Soul Eater (complete series) is $30, & the Hellsing Ultimate volumes are about $20 each as well, equaling about $60 for the entire set. Not sure why Funimation hasn't bothered with a complete bundle/set.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
but wheres soul eater not
On sale for $35 for the entire set! For an extra $3, you get the Limited Edition, which............

........um, I don't know what makes it "limited" when it appears to have the same content. I don't know, maybe the box doesn't have the Blu-Ray logo or something.

Edit: SPEAKING OF FUNIMATION, they got the rights to the live-action Prison School drama.

Grexeno

I'm pretty sure I've actually passed Schadenfreude for most all time post in Toonami GAF so I guess that could work lol
But we have to make up an Intruder 2 thread title for a thread that will go up immediately after or very soon after a marathon very few of us are going to watch.

So I know some of you really want OPM on Toonami, but considering the sub is already simulcasting basically exclusively on Hulu (or Daisuke lol) and how buddy buddy Viz is with Hulu for their new release dubs OPM is probably going to be locked down for awhile. Also lets be real here if AS/Toonami is going to over pay to get a show on the block while it's full dub is already on Hulu they're going to get Crystal or probably JoJo (I know it's not yet on Hulu but I can see it happening) before they pay for OPM.

Grexeno

So I know some of you really want OPM on Toonami, but considering the sub is already simulcasting basically exclusively on Hulu (or Daisuke lol) and how buddy buddy Viz is with Hulu for their new release dubs OPM is probably going to be locked down for awhile. Also lets be real here if AS/Toonami is going to over pay to get a show on the block while it's full dub is already on Hulu they're going to get Crystal or probably JoJo (I know it's not yet on Hulu but I can see it happening) before they pay for OPM.
JoJo is with Warner, not Viz.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jojo is in the hands of the same company that owns Cartoon Network & Adult Swim. Hell, Warner also has the music rights for all the ED music as well, as shown by the fact Roundabout was kept in the US release/streaming.

But yes, I fear that since Viz has the One Punch Man anime rights, we might not see it on Toonami sadly.

I wonder if at the very least, it'll make it in the "top requests" list we hear from DeMarco every so often.

JoJo is with Warner, not Viz.

Viz is already partnered with Warner Home Video for their video releases, Warner "having JoJo" most likely had to do with keeping either the Japanese audio or all the licensed music and keeping the cost of that down. Considering it was dubbed by Bang Zoom who's also worked with Viz and Viz owns the rights to everything JoJo under the sun this isn't a case of Warner randomly wanting to license and distribute a random anime itself, but likely having to for the sake of keeping it mostly intact.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
tumblr_mfwrc7SWO51qmjct6o1_500.gif

.......actually, now that I think about it, this is a plot point because the main character (guy above) has gynophobia to the point it physically harms him to touch another girl because his sister (above) & mother practiced their wrestling moves on him when he was younger every day for TEN YEARS.

Grexeno

Viz is already partnered with Warner Home Video for their video releases, Warner "having JoJo" most likely had to do with keeping either the Japanese audio or all the licensed music and keeping the cost of that down. Considering it was dubbed by Bang Zoom who's also worked with Viz and Viz owns the rights to everything JoJo under the sun this isn't a case of Warner randomly wanting to license and distribute a random anime itself, but likely having to for the sake of keeping it mostly intact.
I mean that Viz specifically does not have the rights to the anime, but does have the rights to basically everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom