• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131401

GW1fO7I.gif

Still can't believe this is a game that actually exists

It sounded like insane fanwank when it was announced but it's actually being made, it's not like Silent Hills, this dream is real

Soulflarz

Banned
Still can't believe this is a game that actually exists

It sounded like insane fanwank when it was announced but it's actually being made, it's not like Silent Hills, this dream is real

The twist was for everyone

No one told me P* was on it, so at E3

"Oh my gosh they're going to sho- PLATINUM?!"

Seda

Before E3 I heard the game was happening and going to be announced, but I don't think most people with information knew who was developing.

I told you guys I wasn't a big fan of the original Nier. (Might revisit it to see if I was wrong about it.)

But that gameplay looks really solid.

Not too surprising though, since Platinum is on board.

BBboy20

Warner Bros doesn't give a shit. Making leaps and bounds over EA, Activision and UbiSoft for the coveted "biggest dickhead publisher" award.

Good thing all of them stopped making games that I cared about years ago, with a few small exceptions, mostly from UbiSoft when they aren't cranking out the safest most dull open world games possible
Xbox fiasco, 2013. Shit, Microsoft and EA backstabbing Respawn was the final straw for me. Hell, Blood Dragon is the only thing that barely kept me interested in Ubi these days.

I actually really liked Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Splinter Cell Blacklist had the best gameplay since Chaos Theory.

But what they did to Sam was terrible.

Sam Fisher is supposed to be this gruff almost ruthless character who has a really dark but likable sense of humor.

The Sam in Blacklist was just a dick.

Soulflarz

Banned
Before E3 I heard the game was happening and going to be announced, but I don't think most people with information knew who was developing.

How did you even hear, RPGsite connections? I literally knew secondhand from a guy who worked at the convention or something (...or something.) and just spilled everything to me early, heh.

Also no Conviction>Blacklist

Generally, I like how everyone looks in Resurrection of F.

But I swear, Bulma looks younger than she did in Frieza Saga.

Dat Capsule Corp money and tech yo, she can probably live forever if she wanted to even without the dragon balls, buuuuut I don't see it past her if she did make a wish to be younger too.

And hell didn't freeza's ship not get blow'd up this time? imagine the alien tech CC can gleen from that, theirs a machine in that can revive beings if they are nothing but chopped up parts imagine what it can do...

Man DB Tech is soo awesome sometimes, too bad it defies logic on some parts.

Dat Capsule Corp money and tech yo, she can probably live forever if she wanted to even without the dragon balls, buuuuut I don't see it past her if she did make a wish to be younger too.

Actually, I have my own theory. It's the opposite how Spiderman's radioactive spider sperm killed his girlfriend in one universe.

Perhaps Saiyan Sperm keeps women naturally young and youthful.

This is the new DBZ lore.

Did D-Gray Man ever air on ASA? It seems like the kind of show that would do well (only read the manga)

Two problems, besides the length:
1. Tons of filler in the first half of the anime.
2. Only the first half of the anime was dubbed.

I even have an old text file listing the filler episodes.

EDIT: Ah, here it is:
14-18 (though 18 is recommended to watch)
25-26 (events are canon, but greatly expanded from the manga)
27-28
29-30 (based on a canon light novel)
31-32
33-34 (based on a canon light novel)
35 (introduces an important character who doesn't get much of an introduction in the manga)
36 (has a canon event, but is otherwise filler)
37-39 (events are canon, but greatly expanded from the manga, and a character is given a backstory that doesn't appear in the manga itself)
40-50 (filler arc, with a stand-alone episode in the middle)

From then on it's clear

Moaradin

Well, the special Halloween Edition of LEt's Watch is up for ths weekend. It's a few hours early, but....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183427292#post183427292

OK, one more thing.

I need a final vote so I can start working on the next "Let's Watch" thread tomorrow and over the weekend:

- Mirai Nikki
- Kyousougigi
- Rozen Maiden

Rank preferences please.

Also, some of you "dub" freaks better jump in, lol.

Kyousougiga is by far the best thing on that list

Crocodile

Did D-Gray Man ever air on ASA? It seems like the kind of show that would do well (only read the manga)

No it did not

Looking forward to this. Would be a sweet pick-up for Toonami. Seems like it would fit the demo like a glove.

Or a cricket noise

Or Bass' crazed ramblings to himself

#Kappa

Poor Bass, gonna be all alone this while were all off doing something else. Hows that AGK fandom treating you Bass?

Actually, I have my own theory. It's the opposite how Spiderman's radioactive spider sperm killed his girlfriend in one universe.

Perhaps Saiyan Sperm keeps women naturally young and youthful.

This is the new DBZ lore.

Alright I'll agree to that. XD

So, what do you guys have planned for Halloween?

I got nothing so far.

Might just watch Paprika and some other anime movies.

Same as every week. Studying for exams, work, then Toonami while studying for exams.

Might be able to play some Legend of Heroes SC though if sony actually releases the damn thing already.

Line_HTX

So, what do you guys have planned for Halloween?

I got nothing so far.

Might just watch Paprika and some other anime movies.

School homework, pretty much.

I hope it doesn't rain so I can go to the Texas Renaissance Festival and it'll give me an excuse to come home early. Lately every weekend I'm at my friend's house playing DFOG and I come home late.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hoping to have the house to myself for a few hours with my younger sis & my dad's gf's kids going T-or-Ting. I don't have to work that night either.

I guess I should probably write my proposal paper on my 8 to 12 page paper on exploring/analyzing a game for my class. It's either gonna be about Persona 4 and exploring most of the characters and its themes or Danganronpa Another Episode's conflicting messages/themes and CERTAIN moments in the game. Leaning towards AE since I still actually have the game and might get more mileage over the child abuse themes, but I might have more variety if I talk about Persona 4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AgK, for the most part, has been an enjoyably bad anime so far. The dub makes it even more hilarious at times, save for certain episodes when it's exposition time.

I think "shlock" might be the best way to describe it, especially when it tries to be all "DUUDDEEE LOOOOOK WE JUST GOT ALL DARK & STUFF AREN'T WE EDGY BUY OUR PRODUCTS AT HOT TOPIC!!"

Rutger

Banned
AgK has been the most entertainingly bad anime on Toonami for me, I can't stop laughing when it's on.

That's not gonna be enough to get me to watch the marathon though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, even in the manga, EVERY chapter is called "Kill the/your/ thing". I know they try to make things "unique" by calling each chapter or episode something besides a chapter or episode, but that's just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom