• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you took the most pointlessly violent shit in Game of Thrones, now imagine it was written by a 12 year old going through a very angry hot topic phase.

You got a good idea of some of the stuff in the Akame Ga Kill manga.

To give you an example...

Look at this. (Spoilers for the manga.)

All but one person in that picture isn't a
rapist or an attempted rapist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, they cut a joke out from an earlier episode about banishing Tatsumi to another manga from the same publication that AgK is in, like Corpse Party & Higurashi.......& then about 10 other things I haven't heard of.

...though it did seem a bit out of place for a 4th wall breaking joke set in a fantasy past. Not to mention the joke wouldn't work if they're in an anime & would have to accomidate for franchsies that got turned into an anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ya know, Tatsumi, Akame really is ga kill...er.

Edit: OH WOOOOOOOW they didn't show a lot of stuff from Ch. 10 in the anime.

Akame Ga Kill might have been decent if it just focused on Justice girl.

Seryu_(2).gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Akame Ga Kill might have been decent if it just focused on Justice girl.

Seryu_(2).gif
Funny enough, this didn't happen in the manga. Scissors girl cuts off both arms of justice girl which then reveals the guns. Her dog never bit her in the manga.

Also, I'm pretty sure that scene of Tatsumi walking in on Mine changing was added in the anime as well.....for some reason.

Grexeno

Funny enough, this didn't happen in the manga. Scissors girl cuts off both arms of justice girl which then reveals the guns. Her dog never bit her in the manga.

Also, I'm pretty sure that scene of Tatsumi walking in on Mine changing was added in the anime as well.....for some reason.
The GIF is from the Jaegers' attack on the bandit camp.

Raxus

Prison School is actually the best manga currently being serialized.

No I'm not jokin'.

One of the best artists around no doubt. I hope he continues to draw top tier stuff when Prison School ends.

I am really enjoying My Hero Academia and Shougeki no Soma as well.

Bleach has dove off a cliff from coming back to being a guilty pleasure for its final arc to just becoming insufferable to sit through week by week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Speaking of Bleach
Remember that filler arc where their Zanpakuto came to life? It was the arc airing when Toonami started back up.
The latest chapter just canon-ized Shunsui's Zanpakuto into a living being

Speaking of Bleach
Remember that filler arc where their Zanpakuto came to life? It was the arc airing when Toonami started back up.

Pretty sure that arc exists in the nebulous state of half canon? None of those events happened but the Zanpakuto designs were at least approved by Kubo, I would think. I don't remember them being contradicted.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Bleach

I knew that character design seemed familiar for some reason!

Line_HTX

I briefly watched a few of that filler arc, and to be honest, that was the most enjoyable filler I had, besides that weird Waking the Dragons in Yu-Gi-Oh.

I loved the idea of their Zanpakuto's coming to life and look like actual people.

Seda

I briefly watched a few of that filler arc, and to be honest, that was the most enjoyable filler I had, besides that weird Waking the Dragons in Yu-Gi-Oh.

I loved the idea of their Zanpakuto's coming to life and look like actual people.

That arc had, like, a normally structured narrative w/ filler baddie - taking a semi-interesting concept to make, uh, serviceable filler. It was pretty long through ... looking at the episode list it was 25(!) episodes.

And then there were like ten more one-off filler episodes with the Zanpakuto-people after that for some reason.

Bleach anime has a lot of filler.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That arc had, like, a normally structured narrative w/ filler baddie - taking a semi-interesting concept to make, uh, serviceable filler. It was pretty long through ... looking at the episode list it was 25(!) episodes.

And then there were like ten more one-off filler episodes with the Zanpakuto-people after that for some reason.

Yeah, that was the weirdest thing. The whole Zanpakutou arc thing had a very definite conclusive end that seemed to reestablish the status quo...and then it just kept on going. Not even for any reason. Just like "aw, shit, we still have two months to kill, just do some wacky hijinks, fuck it."

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Its more that the Bleach manga lacks content. The pacing isn't frantic yet many canon episodes go through 5-6 chapters like nothing in a normally slotted half hour show with a full opening, full ending, full preview, and an omake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom