• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
The page really goes downhill in quality the further down you go.

Oddly enough, my post seem to increase in frequency towards the bottom too...

It's like there's uh...correlation there or something.

But I'm not a scientist, so what do I know?

agreed

Jarate

Banned
Well if my schedule is the way it is, I don't think I'll be able to watch Toonami with everyone for the time being

I'll shitpost in spirit though!

Honestly, right nows the best time for a break for me, Parasyte and Akame Ga Kill make me sleepy

Extra excited for Toonami tonight.

Oh. Wait......it's the AGK marathon?

Nope. I'm out.

tumblr_nx044bgmie1uur287o1_500.gif

Jarate

Banned
Why is it that whenever I start a new job I always get incredibly sick on the first day

I feel absolutely horrid right now, luckily I don't think I'm driving tonight

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've had my first taste of what it's like cleaning up during a busy day at the theater. Got home around 7:30 a.m. instead of 5 or 6 a.m. I no longer feel prepared for what Star Wars is going to be like...

Half of my Halloween so far has been working for about 7 hours, then sleeping & (hopefully) waking up around 4 a.m.

Oh goody! The new SAO movie does continue the series! It's not filler boys!

So we got a Toonami movie to look forward to, and a night of Akame Ga Kill as well.

Everything's coming up Milhouse, boys.

all new original story when there's stuff they haven't covered in the main story yet?

that's literally filler

Just because it's being written by the original author does not make it part of the main story line unless he specifically says it does like how Toriyama and Kishi said Battle of Gods/Resurrection of F and The Last are canon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What really is there to "continue"? Wasn't the basic plot of SAO to escape a game where if you died in the game, you died for realz? They did that in the first season. What further questions were there worth answering? Hell, it doesn't even take PLACE in the game which is THE NAME OF THE SHOW ITSELF.

As my dad always puts it when he hears something silly gets a sequel, "because there was just SOOOO many unanswered questions in the original."

You also forgot Dual Destinies

AAI and AAI2 are worth playing, AAI is a bit slow but it establishes and sets up for AAI2 which is the best game in the whole series

You would be right at home. It just has a greater emphasis on investigations. There is still a 'courtroom' like game in there.

Thanks for the responses. I actually did play Dual Destinies - that's what prompted me to finally go back and play the original trilogy. Up to that point, I hadn't finished the first one - and I bought it at release!

Puruzi

Banned
What really is there to "continue"? Wasn't the basic plot of SAO to escape a game where if you died in the game, you died for realz? They did that in the first season. What further questions were there worth answering? Hell, it doesn't even take PLACE in the game which is THE NAME OF THE SHOW ITSELF.

As my dad always puts it when he hears something silly gets a sequel, "because there was just SOOOO many unanswered questions in the original."

There's another arc to adapt. It might be the worst one yet.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Worst in terms of degrading/laughable writing, or worse as in being semi competent aka boring

I do know it's freakishly long.
The arcs featured in the first two seasons comprised 1-2 books.
The next arc is 8 books long.

You'd think this means plenty of material, but I imagine they'll find a way to pad that shit, like the GGO Cave.

Puruzi

Banned
Worst in terms of degrading/laughable writing, or worse as in being semi competent aka boring

From skimming it, it seems like both. I did that like a couple months ago, so I don't remember all the details, but some things I remember are legit gross and unpleasant, and the rest is just garbage

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not big into the scene and am just using my old roomate's r4 knockoff that he left here. I think the best one is the DS Supercard two.

I've only used this card to play RGC2/AAI2/that monolith soft diablo clone.

Now that the episode has officially aired, anime ponies in the new My Little Pony episode.

They're just random cameos. Fluttershy, the shy one, set up a haunted house and one of the scares is "unexpected guests when you don't have enough food for them".

Line_HTX

Yall ready for 4 and a half hours of best Justice tonight!?

gross

Happy burssssday.

I can finally react properly to all the episodes I missed tonight instead of having long posts.

The only copy-paste long text I'll do is probably that sheet of paper detailing Esdeath's criteria that's written in awful English.

Regiruler

I'm not big into the scene and am just using my old roomate's r4 knockoff that he left here. I think the best one is the DS Supercard two.

I've only used this card to play RGC2/AAI2/that monolith soft diablo clone.

Remind me to burn your roommate at the stake and have you watch

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remind me to burn your roommate at the stake and have you watch

Meh, it works for what I need and I bought all these imports anyways. Most of which I just went through without bothering with the translation patches but the last few years have been good with Fire Emblem/RGC2/AAI2 all hitting and being pretty good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, I forgot to mention since I wanted to get to sleep, but during my break at work this morning, someone turned on Off The Air on Adult Swim.

......HOW THE HELL IS THAT NOT CONSIDERED A STONER SHOW?!?!

Also, Funimation confirmed Hosoda's new film The Boy & The Beast will be coming to US theaters. PLEASE let mine get this. Still surprised mine is getting the new Ghost in the Shell film, though it seems they pretty much do no promotion for anime/Funimation's films.

Line_HTX

Guys, I forgot to mention since I wanted to get to sleep, but during my break at work this morning, someone turned on Off The Air on Adult Swim.

......HOW THE HELL IS THAT NOT CONSIDERED A STONER SHOW?!?!

Also, Funimation confirmed Hosoda's new film The Boy & The Beast will be coming to US theaters. PLEASE let mine get this. Still surprised mine is getting the new Ghost in the Shell film, though it seems they pretty much do no promotion for anime/Funimation's films.

Which GitS film is it showing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom