• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I love the fact it hasn't even been 3 hours since I've changed my avatar & I've already been avatar-quoted 3 times now. Even had my tag quoted as well.

tumblr_mu140quGzl1sjom3so1_500.gif

Night, fellas.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it was hard trying to find a decent picture of Migi to replace the hand in my avatar while keeping the quality. Guess it can count as a Halloween avatar for the month, just wanted something a bit special for Parasyte premiering.

That is a nice avatar Zonic.

As long as we're talking about them, I've always liked Seda's avatar too.

His always seems appropriate, though I have no idea where it's from.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That is a nice avatar Zonic.

As long as we're talking about them, I've always liked Seda's avatar too.

His always seems appropriate, though I have no idea where it's from.
Thanks. I was a bit bummed because I wanted Migi to look a bit better so you could tell it was him, but turned out alright for the most part.

Seda's avatar is Jazz Jackrabbit, a PC game from 1994. Fun fact: It was made by Cliffy B., who would later go on to make Gears of War.

Seda

Seda's avatar is Jazz Jackrabbit, a PC game from 1994. Fun fact: It was made by Cliffy B., who would later go on to make Gears of War.

It's actually from the opening to the second game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ1giIiWgog

(Animated by the guy who did Dust: An Elysian Tail, music by the guy who did the original Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament.)

If it matters, I picked it because Jazz Jackrabbit is the first game I remember playing, nobody else would choose it as an avatar, and I grew up on Apogee and Epic Megagames style "computer games".

Soulflarz

Banned
(Animated by the guy who did Dust: An Elysian Tail, music by the guy who did the original Deus Ex and Unreal Tournament.)

If it matters, I picked it because Jazz Jackrabbit is the first game I remember playing, nobody else would choose it as an avatar, and I grew up on Apogee and Epic Megagames style "computer games".

Welp need to play that.
And yeah, original avatar is important. I've seen mine once or twice around, kind of sucks, since it's kind of uh
Young Ragna is a 5m scene in a 20 hours game and the color is decently off since I took a picture of a screen. If the color is the same, my picture ;-; I'm looking at you, discolored skin!

I enjoyed KLK's first episode a lot more the second time now that I know what kind of show it is.

I also forgot how creepy Senketsu was at first.

Moaradin

It was decent. Big step up from Akame ga Kill. Still wouldn't call it good yet. A lot of the background characters sound like they picked up some random person off the street.

Dio

Banned
The Parasyte manga is one of my favorite things of all time.

I was kind of disappointed how they decided to pace it (
are you shinichi-kun being repeated too many times in the anime
), and I didn't think the dubstep really fit the series.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I missed half of Toonami! Fell asleep after Parasyte.
I'll have to watch M&H, Shippuden, and One Piece.

kewlmyc

Really? We are in the middle of the Shika, immortal fight?

It is pretty great if I remember correctly.

Nothing about either show themselves, but I don't want to get invested into another long running shonen series that cares more about having a new episode every week than having coherent pacing and zero filler. Naruto and Bleach both burned me out of those kind of shows years ago and almost killed my love for anime.

this episode is
______so-so

next week is
maybe my favorite naruto episode period

Cool, I'll watch next week if it's the fight I think I remember.

So was Parasyte actually good in English, or was it just another Sentai disaster.

It was pretty good. Migi is spot on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Caught up!

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Goku's here! And Vegeta's dead. Oh well, time for one of the most memorable fights in the series! Now in way less episodes. Thank you Kai.

Akame ga Kill:
Bulat's dead, and Tatsumi got a new power. Rather he got Bulat's power, only it's somehow stronger because Shonen manga. Oh and we see Akame's sister. Yep...
Next week is going to be hilarious if it has the scene I think it has.

Parasyte:
Surprisingly, Sentai didn't completely fuck up the dub. They're a bit stilted but it's certainly better than Akame ga Kill.
Unfortunately I can't blame them for the dubstep. That is just so out of place for a manga that was made in the 90's. I know it was updated for modern times with the computer and the search engine but the dubstep is just wrong.

Michiko & Hatchin:
Pretty good one. A lot of great animation. ... Though knowing the company behind it has gone under makes it bittersweet.
I liked the old hitman. Rare to see assassins that old.

Naruto Shippuden:
NINJAMON! GOTTA CATCH EM ALL! Wait, Ground is weak to Electric? That's not how it works Kishi!
Kakazu also has a parasite, but he has better control. Wait...

One Piece:
Fuck this episode, fuck this filler. Okay next episode isn't too awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom